• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what movie/tv show can you rewatch a million times and never get sick of?

spongebob, especially the older seasons. the older i get the funnier it is.

There’s a few shows I can rewatch endlessly into oblivion and never get tired of, although some of them are mostly put on for background noise.

-Frasier
-Columbo
-Breaking Bad
-The Office
-Brooklyn Nine-Nine

the last 2 decline in quality HUGELY near the end which is a shame but they still make it onto the rewatch list lol

off the top of my head i don't think i could ever get tired of watching: spongebob, ghibli movies (castle in the sky, whisper of the heart and kiki's delivery service in particular!) and anything that particularly stuck out to me as a kid!

I can think of a few actually. The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service, the entirety of the original trilogy of Star Wars, and The Amazing World of Gumball. Also not technically either a movie or a TV show, but the YouTube video I attempted a speedrun (and got a world record) by JaidenAnimations. I must've watched that specific video 5 times at the least.

I've been thinking about this question for however long now and I finally realized the one show that I could watch over and over and probably not get sick of: Adventure Time!

Idk, I think it's just my ultimate comfort show. Although somehow I haven't even finished it yet!

Impractical Jokers. I've only watched the first few seasons, but those are definitely the best seasons. I remember back when I was like 12 and I had really long, curly hair, my Mom and I would watch Impractical Jokers while she would brush out all the tangles and put my hair in braids. Sometimes we would get through like 3 or 4 episodes because of how tangled and matted my hair was. Good times.

Anything with David Jason (Oh my, he is handsome!), The Dukes of Hazzard and The Equalizer (Only the original episodes with Edward Woodward).
Edit: Just remembered I need to add May to December to my list!

Last edited:
Every Christmas I have this holiday ritual where I rewatch Love, Actually so I guess that'd be my answer! Idk I love the intertwining stories and the cute romance in it hehe.

Not a whole TV show, but I find myself also rewatching two episodes of New Girl sometimes: the ending episode of Season 6 (where Nick and Jess get back together) and one of the middle episodes of Season 2 (where Nick and Jess kiss for the first time). I really like them as a couple and I always get the butterflies whenever I watch those episodes 😭

My Bette Davis duo of All About Eve and The Anniversary I've watched so many times. They have some of the most quotable lines ever !! And Mildred Natwick in Barefoot in the Park and The Trouble with Harry, she's hilarious in both ...

My guilty pleasure is Death Becomes Her, a great fun romp of a movie :D

Films:
Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy
Ghostbusters (1984)
Spiderman (2002)
Nightmare Before Christmas (good Halloween and Christmas film)
every Studio Ghibli film

Tv Shows:
Batman: The Animated Series
Cowboy Bebop (animated series)
Dragonball Z (good mind-numbing fun)
Naruto (not Shippuden)
Digimon seasons 1-2
Breaking Bad
Star Trek: The Next Generation

Honourable mentions:

I would have included the original Star Wars trilogy but its spoiled by the Disney sequel's existence.

HP films are good but there are too many so I would have a hard time sitting down and rewatching all of them. If I watch one I feel I have to watch all of them. Not to mention the problems I have with Prisoner of Azkaban.

On the western side of things: Over the Garden Wall! I tend to watch it or have it playing in the background at least once a year in the autumn. In terms of movies: Mean Girls, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Phantom of the Opera (Royal Albert Hall version) are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

On the non-western side of things: .hack//sign fills the same niche of "I'll have it on repeat in the background". movies i have no idea - i'd be down for rewatching pretty much all ghibli movies or anime movies. but most of the ones i watch make me cry so i uh... dont.

Honestly, I'd watch all of my favorites and never get sick of them.

The Powerpuff Girls, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, The Simpsons, Hey Arnold!, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Pucca, Impractical Jokers, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, iCarly, Good Luck Charlie, Cheers, and much more.

My movies are Clue, Misery, and Dumbo. And tv shows would be The Oblongs and Daria.

The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Bob’s Burgers, Gilmore Girls, Stranger Things, Saw, Little Shop of Horrors, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad (not to be confused with the first one), Tangled, Princess and the frog, Monsters Inc, all Despicable Me and Minion movies.

I don’t watch nearly as much TV or film as I used to. When I was in middle school though, I would watch Disney Channel all the time, with Good Luck Charlie and Dog With a Blog (idc if it’s cringe) being my favorites. It got to the point where I’d seen most Good Luck Charlie episodes so many times that I could practically quote the whole episodes. I would love to watch those shows again for the nostalgia and happy memories. And when I was in elementary school, I watched Marmaduke, Milo and Otis, and Bolt a million times and then in Spanish and French even though I don’t speak them. (Yes, I am aware now about Milo and Otis and the animal cruelty involved, it’s really disgusting. I’m heartbroken for those poor animals plus it was such a beautiful story with beautiful music and and it will be hard to watch again knowing the truth).

You all have great movies and shows!!

For me I tend to have sitcoms I have watched multiple times on in the background at all times. I would be embarrassed to admit how many times I have watched shows like Big Bang Theory, Cheers, Seinfeld and Friends. Also I am a big fan of HBO series and could watch The Wire and Game of Thrones over and over.

As far as movies, I can watch old timey Westerns with Clint Eastwood pretty regularly, Unforgiven being my all time favorite movie. Also his "Man with no name" trilogy. I also rewatch the classic mafia movies, Goodfellas being my favorite, followed by the first two Godfather films.

I watch Pulp Fiction at least twice a year. The first time I saw it is an amusing story for another time 😂

On that note, I am going to watch another episode of Big Bang and snuggle with my cat on the couch before bedtime.

Back