• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which of these CGI Disney movies do you like most?

Which of the following movies is the best?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Because today is Frozen’s 10th anniversary, and because of the recent release of the 100th anniversary film Wish, I decided to make a thread about what the best Disney movie in recent history is. Six of these are from the Revival Era, and the other six are from the Post-Revival Era.

And let’s not mention any Pixar films, mkay?

Hands down, Moana. Though, I’m wondering why Shrek isn’t on this list?

Hands down, Moana. Though, I’m wondering why Shrek isn’t on this list?
Because Shrek isn’t Disney. Even if it was, it was released in 2001, which is too old to be listed in the poll.

As for what I think is the best, Frozen still is the snow queen despite the overhype and society’s obsession. I do not see what’s so great about Moana or Encanto, and I haven’t seen Big Hero 6.

I haven’t watched most of these, but I voted for Zootopia because I actually watched it in the theater in 2016 and instantly made Animal Crossing connections. It’s quite hilarious how similar Nick Wilde - the con artist fox who helps and surprisingly befriends protagonist rookie cop Judy Hopps - is to Redd, and Judy herself has pretty much the same perky personality and determination as Isabelle in a way. If Disney changed the characters ever so slightly and partnered with Nintendo, you’d have yourself a human-less Animal Crossing movie.

I'm generally not a Disney person, but I have some sentimental affection for Moana because my best friend and I went to see it when we first met up in person after knowing each other online for like a decade. I enjoyed it and it has a nice memory to go along with it, so yeah, it gets my vote.

I haven't watched any of the other ones on the list other than the original Frozen and don't really have any interest in them either.

Happy 10th anniversary Frozen!!

Oh man I can not pick just one, oh my gosh all of those are so good!

I love Frozen, I have Frozen designs on my island, and built both castles too xD I also have a Tangled design and
I built/re-created one of the scenes on my island!

I haven't heard super positive things about Wish, but I would have seen it today if it wasn't in 3D. The rest however I love, many are on my top ten favorite Disney list. There is no way I could pick just pick one haha

I voted for Tangled because it's been my favorite Disney movie and Rapunzel has been my favorite princess since I was super young. It also probably has my favorite music. There is some strong competition, but as for the newest stuff I haven't been a very big fan.

I voted for Tangled as well! I've always really loved the Rapunzel fairytale and Disney's interpretation of her was really cute and charming. I loved her chemistry with Flynn Ryder, too. The pacing and humor were so on point. I also loved that the animals in the film couldn't talk. That's a personal preference-- sidekicks full of sassy quips tend to make me cringe. Pascal and Maximus were precious and their humor was delivered perfectly through their facial expressions and mannerisms.

I think the best one is Zootopia, and no, I'm not a furry. I think that it uses a good dynamic between two good characters, and the characters in the movie are just good. A lot of these other ones are pretty good though, like Tangled, Big Hero 6 (probably one of the saddest death scenes in a Disney film), Wreck it Ralph (the original), Moana, and Frozen. Though I think the Wreck it Ralph sequel is absolutely abysmal.

tangled and zootopia are definitely my two favorites, big hero 6 and wreck-it-ralph coming second. can’t really decide between the first two, which do i vote for 😔

i will say i was not a fan of the sequels for frozen or wreck-it-ralph. frozen’s in particular made no sense? what was happening??

it’s so cool that my city had its first snowfall of the year on frozen’s 10-year anniversary! love that. 🫶

frozen and tangled are definitely my favourites. if i had to only choose one favourite… right now, it’d probably be tangled. it’s visually such a gorgeous movie, and its soundtrack is so catchy. flynn rider/eugene fitzherbert is the best disney man, and his interactions with the other characters (rapunzel and maximus especially) are insanely iconic, funny, and heartwarming. he’s amazing as a standalone character as well, same for rapunzel! it’s one of the few disney movies i can watch a million times and never get sick of.

frozen is of course incredible as well, and so special to me. i’m honestly sick of its soundtrack by this point LOL, but idina menzel has such a beautiful voice. it still warms my heart so much that it’s elsa’s love for anna that saves her in the end, rather than having kristoff or any other man be the one who saves her. it’s such a beautiful and important movie for that alone. i also still unironically say “yoo hoo, big summer blowout!” any chance i get. 🤣

frozen 2 was good as well, but the original is still superior to me. “into the unknown” > “let it go”, though.

My feelings on Frozen have flip flopped in recent years. I used to think it was a good movie, despite my overwhelming sympathy for people who were tired of hearing Let it Go everywhere they went. Now I find its script to be rather hackneyed, preachy, and just not very well written. I still like its characters at least conceptually for the most part, but don't think they're written particularly well. I at least admire that Frozen 2 attempted to do something new and different with its characters, and thus managed to avoid the usual Disney sequel curse, even if I still find the movie itself to not be great.

Generally, though, I'm not a fan of this period of CGI Disney cartoons, and not specifically because they are CGI. I just think the movies are just lacking a certain push that gives Disney their charm, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what it's missing. Tangled and Moana are fine, though. Neither are my favorite Disney movies, but they're perfectly fine for what they are.

I voted Zootopia, but Tangled is up there too. Good characters and pacing. Wreck-it Ralph is third, but I don't talk about that awful sequel. It's quite possibly my most hated Disney sequel.

I'll admit that I don't think I've bothered with any of the other recent Disney movies. I'd like to watch Moana, but the others? Pass. It feels like Disney - and even Pixar - have lost their spark in the last few years.

I voted Zootopia, but Tangled is up there too. Good characters and pacing. Wreck-it Ralph is third, but I don't talk about that awful sequel. It's quite possibly my most hated Disney sequel.

I'll admit that I don't think I've bothered with any of the other recent Disney movies. I'd like to watch Moana, but the others? Pass. It feels like Disney - and even Pixar - have lost their spark in the last few years.
Disney kinda lost that spark of magic since the Aristocats (1970). They did have their brighter moments (such as the Disney Renaissance and Revival Era), but since Walt Disney’s death, Disney has not been the same. As for Pixar, even when they made Cars and A Bugs Life, they consistently made good movies up until Toy Story 3. Then they started going downhill.

If Finding Nemo was on the list, I’d pick that, hands down lol.

Although…Moana is my favorite of the list. I also liked Frozen, Zootopia, and Encanto. I haven’t seen most of the movies on the list, but maybe if I do I’ll change my mind.

If Finding Nemo was on the list, I’d pick that, hands down lol.

Although…Moana is my favorite of the list. I also liked Frozen, Zootopia, and Encanto. I haven’t seen most of the movies on the list, but maybe if I do I’ll change my mind.
Although Pixar is Disney, Pixar’s movies aren’t from the animation canon. When I ask for other users’ favorite animated features from Disney, I tend to be extremely specific on what collection they come from. No Planes, no Goofy Movie, no Pixar films. Just the WDAS films (which has 62 movies now). That’s why I listed specific movies in the poll.

Back