• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is one of your biggest pet peeves?

Bad grammar/spelling is a minor pet peeve for me too, but I never call anyone out on it unless they ask me to review something for them. It's just rude and unnecessary, especially on the internet where you never know if English is even the person's first language. But sadly, I've known people who were not native English speakers and yet spoke better English than people born and raised speaking only English.

Yeah, basically.

Also when people on purpose ruin your joke just be show themselves off in a better light.. Like okay no that was not what we were asking for.

Ugh, had this happen today, but older men trying to "joke" with me about my SO.
I HATE going out and being the one to pay for things, and hearing comments like, "They really bleed us dry, don't they?", or "At least she's pretty, huh!"
It sets me off every time, why do older generations feel the need to strike up conversations with random people to begin with? And why is it usually offensive af masked as "jokes"?

Today thrifting, we bought a "Married AF" sweater for the laughs (Not even married/engaged)... It seemed depressing that it was left at a thrift shop, and I dress up for Uni, so we thought it would be funny/good cringe if I wore it to class. (I've worn lots of dumb merch out in public to make her laugh before.) Soon as we get to the cashier, they make comments about being whipped. WHY?! :( Why can't I have fun with my SO without older people making comments every time?

I HATE going out and being the one to pay for things, and hearing comments like, "They really bleed us dry, don't they?", or "At least she's pretty, huh!"
It sets me off every time, why do older generations feel the need to strike up conversations with random people to begin with? And why is it usually offensive af masked as "jokes"?

Today thrifting, we bought a "Married AF" sweater for the laughs (Not even married/engaged)... It seemed depressing that it was left at a thrift shop, and I dress up for Uni, so we thought it would be funny/good cringe if I wore it to class. (I've worn lots of dumb merch out in public to make her laugh before.) Soon as we get to the cashier, they make comments about being whipped. WHY?! :( Why can't I have fun with my SO without older people making comments every time?

Yeah, idk why they feel the need to do that either. I’ve had bad past experiences with older men being downright rude to me just in general, so I would say a pet peeve of mine is kind of that.

That being said, I have met and talked with older guys who are friends of my family and they’ve been pretty cool and funny guys, as well as very mature and wise, so it would be wrong for me to say all older men are like the above. As with anything, it probably just depends on who you’re talking to.

—-

Another pet peeve of mine is when I go out of my way to help someone with something, but then when I need help with the same exact problem they won’t help me and no one else will either. It’s just like alright, I guess I’ll do it on my own... lol

I hate it when people leave bad ratings on games, and they don't even know what their talking about. I HATE it when I see bad reviews on ACNL about how it is boring. Were you expecting a game with levels and checkpoints???? READ THE GAME DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU ORDER IT THEN!!! I also really dislike it when people are like I ordered ACNL not ACNH why did they give me this. Bruh it's the same game just an updated version. Well, that was me ranting on giving unpuposful ratings on ACNL.

I don't normally let those things bother me, but I have experienced that too and it really stuck with me when it happened on my honeymoon! My husband and I were enjoying our time together and all these married couples felt the need to keep coming up and saying these 'jokes' as you call them, like 'enjoy it now, you won't want to be in the same room together after a few years' and so forth. That is definitely not true. I've been happily married now for 13 years and we still love spending time together. And why try to ruin a young couples' honeymoon with that stuff?

When people repeat themselves over and over.
Also repetitive noises.

I can't stand the sound of whistling. I can't stop myself from glaring at the source. I really can't deal. I also can't stand people who chew with their mouths open. I also really don't understand why someone would look one way, but turn the other way, so they're facing backward while pushing their shopping cart forward. Nobody pays attention to anyone else in the area.

People wearing their large ass backpacks on the train, like do you realize you could basically knock someone over, or destroy their eyeglasses? Keep em on the floor or get a handheld bag like everyone else smfh

I don't like it when I get tired at midday and then wake up right as I have to go to bed at night. It makes it soooo much harder to go to sleep. Like, if I get tired, please let it be at the end of the day and not midday. This way I can sleep... :/

When others ask you things to be polite, and I don't mean the common courtesy of "hi how are you" things but when they ask like what i do, what i like etc. like okay if you don't care you don't have to strike a conversation up.. expect me to wanna tell you things if such sooo...

there's so many people in my neighbourhood who don't pick up their dog's poop it drives me absolutely up the wall

if you aren't gonna pick up after your dog, don't get a dog!

there's so many people in my neighbourhood who don't pick up their dog's poop it drives me absolutely up the wall

if you aren't gonna pick up after your dog, don't get a dog!

THIS. I don't know how many times I see this nor how many time I step in it because people are so damn lazy and doesn't care -_-
-

Also when people buy me chocolate without checking if it contains nuts/peanuts... Like you know my allergies is it that hard to check..? Not to be ungrateful but really people...

When people around you don't put their hands in front of their mouth when they cough. Or when
you pass someone and said someone has to cough in that moment when you pass them. Alternative,
when you use the bus and want to sit down and you see that someone leave their used handkerchief
there.

Like guys, please, keep your bacteria to yourself. No need to share them with others...

When people around you don't put their hands in front of their mouth when they cough. Or when
you pass someone and said someone has to cough in that moment when you pass them. Alternative,
when you use the bus and want to sit down and you see that someone leave their used handkerchief
there.

Like guys, please, keep your bacteria to yourself. No need to share them with others...

As someone who worked in retail yes yes. And don't use those cheap ass perfumes that people are allergic to.

Also don't bring your sick kids or grandma out in public, we don't need your colds.

People making noises by smacking their mouths (or tongues) because of whatever reason it may be. Sometimes, they do it more than once on one occasion. That sound itself really annoys me and I've been on the verge a few times where I could've said to them to just stop doing it. Also, high-pitched scratching noises. It feels like I'm biting down on a metal spoon.

People both IRL and online who ignore others when they’re trying to talk to them. Like, okay, unless you’re busy or not in a good mood or caring, why are you putting yourself on a pedestal of “don’t talk to me”?

To relate to that, people who don’t share things with you after you share with them. I get it may be your personality to seek information and not give it, but really... why even bother trying with you then. :/

I have a lot of pet peeves, but the most pressing one AT THIS EXACT MOMENT is someone in an open-style office work room (with just tables, no cubicles or anything) listening to music on their phone/computer WITH NO HEADPHONES.

I am RAGING. :mad:

Trying not to be that jerk that complains tho because our boss has enough on his plate without me bringing petty office squabbles into the mix.

Back