• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is one of your biggest pet peeves?

Being interrupted. Even watching other people get interrupted annoys the hell out of me. The worst is when one person is talking and someone else decides they just have to say something also but the first person doesn't stop so they're both talking at once and I just want to punch myself in the face.

This, and people who clearly see i'm reading try to talk to me.

when people obviously faking they can't take a joke and exaggerating ****.. just stop acting like a lil tween.

I also hate it when people put excessive rules are rules like this on thei profile or shop on TBT.
"If you stray, I will istantly kick you."
Other example is when people put a rule based on one past expierence that is extremely long and just makes them look like controlling.

Last edited:
I also hate it when people put excessive rules are rules like this on thei profile or shop on TBT.
"If you stray, I will istantly kick you."
Other example is when people put a rule based on one past expierence that is extremely long and just makes them look like controlling.

lol yes, or just tumblr/chat servers or stuff... like okay do you even want anyone to join/follow?

I really don't like it when people talk or constantly check their phones at the theater while the movie is playing. I only see a couple of movies a year in the theater because it's so expensive. I didn't pay $30 to listen to someone else's conversation.

I also get very frustrated at people who either walk or drive too slowly and don't let me pass them. Why do people have to speed up or start weaving into my path as soon as I try to go around them? Then, they slow back down again. I have places to go. If you're not in a hurry, please just let me pass so I can be on my way.

Being called a nickname that I never asked to be called. Is it really that difficult to pronounce a few extra syllables?

Kids who are rude to magicians. I'm not a confrontational person but when kids are rude to those sweet people just trying to do some magic something awakens within me that makes me want to slap them.

When a young teen is really going against their parents. Its like, boi...you're 15. What can you do?

When people play rough with their dogs/animals. Probably an unpopular opinion, but when people do that play fighting and get their dog to start growling and biting them, or their cat to start scratching and doing the rabbit kick thing. Different than hurting an animal which is obviously wrong, but I’ve never liked seeing people “annoy/pester” their animal either. Every person I’ve ever met who does this claims it’s how they “play” and the pet loves it, but man I don’t know, I really don’t like it.

Also, people who are impatient and constantly complain about something not happening, or make jokes about how slow/impossible something is. I’m a SUPER patient person, so a lot of time can pass without me thinking of it, and some random in line turning to me to complain is annoying and rude. :(

Hoo boy, I could rant for days on this thread...
For now, I'll just pick three things that are on even footing and call it "good":

Point no.1: People's lacking usage of manners, in general. I see so many people do things that would make me grind my teeth to nubs if I even thought of doing them (chewing with their mouths open/talking with food in their mouths, not saying please or thank you, not bothering to say "excuse me " when they need to get by, talking loudly in places that are supposed to be quiet, being rude for no reason, leaving stores in a complete mess, treating work staff as servants, refusing to be patient and causing scenes, leaving a mess everywhere they go, etc...). We may be mammals, but that's no reason to act like animals.

Point no. 2: bad grammar and poor speech. Too many people sound and write as though they need to go back to kindergarten and learn English all over again. And they get so defensive about it! "Well, you knew what I meant": there are no shortcuts in life, and there should be none in speech either. Or, w8, m I being 2 complicated? (Once, I got yelled at by a girl who accused me of saying she didn't belong in my English class. I fail to see how it's my fault that she, a senior in an ADVANCED ENGLISH CLASS, has the writing skills of a third grader. It's certainly not my fault she decided to take me thinking out loud as an insult--grading her rough drafts was torture.)

Point no. 3: the neighborhood dogs. Once the annoying chihuahuas down the street start up, the German shepherds in the yard behind my house start up, and then the other dogs in the neighborhood start up, and then they're ALL BARKING AT 3AM!!! I have noise-reducing curtains, and it's STILL not enough! I can't wear earplugs or else I'll miss my alarms. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

...phew, that's enough rage for one day ': D

Last edited:
People who think that public space is theirs to do whatever they want. There are some people near a cafe in my neighborhood that constantly play inappropriate music loudly on their speakers and do wheelies on their bikes while there are mothers with young children eating at the cafe. It makes you think if they have any common sense. I feel bad for the cafe owners as it must bring away some of their business.

My other pet peeve is when people don't use grammar correctly, written or spoken. It annoys me most when people say "How many money do you have?" or "how much questions did you answer correctly?"

Last edited:
People who think that public space is theirs to do whatever they want. There are some people near a cafe in my neighborhood that constantly play inappropriate music loudly on their speakers and do wheelies on their bikes while there are mothers with young children eating at the cafe. It makes you think if they have any common sense. I feel bad for the cafe owners as it must bring away some of their business.

My other pet peeve is when people don't use grammar correctly, written or spoken. It annoys me most when people say "How many money do you have?" or "how much questions did you answer correctly?"

Re grammar and typing, if English is not their first language it's easy to make that kind of mistake, but if they are teens just not caring it's another thing.

Talking about it, when people mix up bought/brought and then/than IT'S NOT THE SAME. And that's easy enough regardless of your mother tongue.

I'm going to say a major pet peeve of mine is actually people getting too caught up on the grammar/spelling in an online post. When I see someone respond to someone's post just to make a grammar/spelling correction I find that incredibly rude, and if I were an admin/mod of a forum I would not tolerate it for even one second.

I still can't forget this one time on another forum where someone made a topic asking a question about some show and they misspelled a name or term from the show (which was not a word that was even common knowledge and had weird spelling IIRC) and the first member that responded to the topic had the audacity to be say "You misspelled [insert term here]. Until you fix that spelling I will not answer your question." Actually, I think it was even ruder than I'm conveying here.

I reported it and just thought "Get the *bleep* over yourself!".

When I see someone respond to someone's post just to make a grammar/spelling correction I find that incredibly rude
Well, the case like you mentioned would be so silly and inappropriate, yeah. Just, there are times where the person who's pointed it out is appreciative of it, like I'd be. It's just personal experience, but my first language is not English, and most of people like members of this forum who are kind and polite - most likely to not point it out. Seemingly, they think doing so is rude? Actually, it helps me a lot when they take the trouble to point it out.
Just wanted to say there are those cases too at times. :)

I'm going to say a major pet peeve of mine is actually people getting too caught up on the grammar/spelling in an online post. When I see someone respond to someone's post just to make a grammar/spelling correction I find that incredibly rude, and if I were an admin/mod of a forum I would not tolerate it for even one second.

I still can't forget this one time on another forum where someone made a topic asking a question about some show and they misspelled a name or term from the show (which was not a word that was even common knowledge and had weird spelling IIRC) and the first member that responded to the topic had the audacity to be say "You misspelled [insert term here]. Until you fix that spelling I will not answer your question." Actually, I think it was even ruder than I'm conveying here.

Yeah fandom grammar and that kind of **** can go die, and yeah most of the time I don't point things out in actual threads orto that person cause then it'd be a bit too much caring unless they'd be okay with it or ask for it. My grammar is definitely not perfect but unless it's like a school paper or serious debated idc that much.

Whenever seeing them scratch and making fleas come on the carpet, is quite horrible to me, and I easily get emotional like that. Or when they are cleaning themselves, and that "sound" is ewwwwwwwwwww

I can agree with this. I may be a stickler for grammar, but there's no reason to act like that huge of a jerk about it.

Bad grammar/spelling is a minor pet peeve for me too, but I never call anyone out on it unless they ask me to review something for them. It's just rude and unnecessary, especially on the internet where you never know if English is even the person's first language. But sadly, I've known people who were not native English speakers and yet spoke better English than people born and raised speaking only English.

Back