• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What grass pattern do you have?

What grass pattern do you have?

• Triangles

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Circles

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Squares

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Alpawca

૮꒰˵• ༝ •˵꒱ა ♡
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Cyan Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Lychee
Perfect Peach
Tasty Cake
Fortune Cookie
Hot Cocoa
There are three different grass patterns in New Leaf, triangles, circles, and squares! They also change during the winter to another shape in the snow.

Grass_Group_1_NL.png
Grass_Group_2_NL.png
Grass_Group_3_NL.png

Here's a useful chart, I'm curious to know what everyone has or what your favourites are! My town has triangles.

You reminded me I didn't know there were different grass patterns when I reset in 2017! I discovered this characteristic of AC games a few years ago! Maybe because I've always had the triangle pattern since Wild World. And I love triangles so much💕
(but star snow is so magical 🥹)
Sadly, in New Horizons we have only triangles by default...
I think different patterns add realism to the game and in general make each town more unique than the other

i had circles since i thought they looked the best and of course the star grass during winter is also a nice touch.

I have squares, just had to change my vote because I thought I had triangles 😂

I just checked and I have triangles. but now that I’m a seeing all the different types of grass side by side in the op I kinda wish I had the circles because those stars in the winter are so cute!

I had to check, and I have circles! I don't think I ever properly realized there could be different grass patterns until now, lol.

No matter which game of New Leaf I had, I always had to try for circle grass, mostly because you get stars for your town's snow.

It's a shame New Horizons totally doxed circle grass, it's just triangle grass which isn't bad by any means, but it's not the same. The Happy Home Paradise/Kapp'n Island Grass doesn't help either, as they're just square grass, which is the ugliest shape for grass in my opinion.

I hope in the next game, circle grass makes a comeback.

No matter which game of New Leaf I had, I always had to try for circle grass, mostly because you get stars for your town's snow.

It's a shame New Horizons totally doxed circle grass, it's just triangle grass which isn't bad by any means, but it's not the same. The Happy Home Paradise/Kapp'n Island Grass doesn't help either, as they're just square grass, which is the ugliest shape for grass in my opinion.

I hope in the next game, circle grass makes a comeback.
I never even noticed the HHP grass was different 😂

I have circles! I only like them because of the stars in the winter, my favorite is actually the triangles.

Back