• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What TBT events are the most memorable to you?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
In honour of TBT's 20th anniversary, what are some past events that really stick out in your memory (and why)?

One that stands out for me was the 2019 kaleidoclover lottery. For those of you who weren't there, when the kaleidoclover was first introduced, you had the ability to purchase what was essentially a lottery ticket each day and select two single digit numbers. The next day, if both of your numbers were drawn, you'd get a kaleidoclover. I had decent luck and I think I won two or three kaleidoclovers during the event. This event is memorable to me because it was very unique, I've never seen another event like it during my time on TBT! It was more interesting than your typical raffle.

Another memorable event for me was the first or second time that we had a voting bracket on villager collectibles (I think it was 2018). Everyone got super into the voting and was hardcore campaigning for/against certain villagers. At one point there was a Jambette vs Chief poll and a lot of people campaigned very hard for Jambette since she was the underdog, going so far as changing their avatars/signatures, making collages etc. It was pretty funny if you were there.

Basically the TBT Fairs and the Christmas events, especially from 2016 and 2017. The 2016 TBT Fair introduced the glow wands, as the 2017 TBT Fair had the 80’s theme and Kracko.

I know these are only more recent, but I’d have to say TBTWC and Camp Bell Tree. The Fair would be an obvious answer, but I’ve only participated in the most recent one. I would be lying if I said that the fairs were memorable for me considering I participated in a total of one. Still, the events I mentioned previously were more memorable for me than the fair.

Like you, I would say the event that the Kaleidoclover was very memorable to me as well!

Another event that stands out to me is the Christmas Event in 2018. I remember it being very fun and I vividly remember snagging one of the 3 Toy Hammers available.

Another event I remember well and enjoyed was the Red Balloon Tour in late 2019 through start of 2020. :)

That turnip madness was hilarious. I thought I was going to lose my sanity.

Old Easter hunts will always be memorable for me, no search button, no hints, at least for me, eggs super hard to find, at least for me, I was so proud just to find a bunch.

My first camp was really fun too, working as a team was new and refreshing

2023 was the year I won my first raffles since I joined in 2015, got a shadow kitty that I wanted very much but couldn't afford and a pumpkin pie I didn't even dream to have.

All events were fun and memorable.

I loved space camp that we had last year. The camp events and the bell tree fairs are always so fun and can really bring out a lot of creativity from everyone. 😊

Ummm, the early days when they would have "The Woods" board. There weren't really events like they have them today. I haven't really participated in the events other than the last Halloween one and this Lunar New Year event!

The Fairs and Camps, most definitely. Every Fair and Camp are a little bit different from each other. The Space Camp from last year was most memorable for me, being part of the winning cabin. This summer will be very busy for me so I will be missing the tournament (again) but hopefully have time enough for the Fair this year since its the 20th. Last years April Fools with the NFT turnips and BTC mining was also really fun!

The older Easter egg hunts are really memorable to me, especially the one that landed on April Fool's Day and that one where people were struggling with one of the clues (I think clue 7??) so the staff made the site rain with lil dancing numbers. I didn't really start participating in many of the other events until a few years ago but I've looked forward to the Easter hunts every year since I've joined.

TBTWC was probably the most memorable for me! The cheers were super fun to do, and just watching streams and stuff.
I had so much free time for once back then, so I understandably just used it all losing my mind and being silly

my tbtwc memes folder sure is interesting to look back at
1708647204986.png

I can’t really answer this that well since I’ve only been around since last May. The Christmas event and Space Camp were really fun. I think Space Camp was better, though. The event isn’t as fun as those two.

- the easter egg hunt with the dancing 7s everywhere and the fake dancing 7 egg collectible

- april fools day where everyone's collectibles turned into fleas and people genuinely thought their collectibles were ruined

- jambette vs chief, jambette must be avenged i can't believe she lost to that boring fox only for him to be destroyed in the next poll

- the fair where i was too good at the final mirrors so staff gave you and another user a second place shooting star collectible as well, we love when everyone wins

- non fungible turnips

- space camp where we all fed our hungry whale shark boy 💙

The April Fools NFT event was very memorable to me, along with Space Camp. I enjoyed both a lot. I think is still have my NFT avatar on my phone. They were pretty interactive and chatty.
I think I first started participating in events in 2021, Christmas. But I have not participated in every one since then I don't believe.

So many! Definitely this craziness:

Screenshot_20240222-200626_Gallery.jpg

I had some creepy turnips.😄

Also, this thing here was quite memorable:
Reinforcements are sailing here this morning, but they must wait to see the horizon.
If you don't recognize that community clue, consider yourself lucky, lol... I loved being able to work with teams and having community clues for the egg hunt, but some of the community clues were a challenge. Still fun.

Space camp as a Galaxolotl!!! Seriously fun, and an awesome team.

Oh- and the Serena mirror that earned me the Enchanted Bloom collectible. Plus all of the coloring pages. I love when coloring pages are part of an event.

I think last but definitely not least are all of the writing events. The community Vask/Wix story was fun to try to keep up with, and I always have fun with the individual writing events. (Yes, my galaxolotl captain did end up roasting and eating gulliver in a story, but it was all in good fun. Besides, gulliver did bring the crazy alien baby hoard onto the ship...)

Probably the TBT Fair 2020 would take the top spot for me, and then a mixture of Thanksgiving and Halloween events in which I won raffles in under that.

I'd say all the Easter Egg Hunts I've participated in, but that's taking it too short, so for this one I'll say the 2017 TBT Fair.

It is easily my most memorable one out of all the TBT Fairs I've been in. The ones before the 2017 Fairs were mid, the 2020 one is starting to become surprisingly nostalgic for some reason, and the 2022 one I was absent in.
The 2017 one had the 80's Arcade gaming theme, which I loved the most. I was the user who managed to guess the most mirrors with a hot streak on it except for the 6th mirror and the bonus ones. I strictly gave up on them after I earned the Tetris Grid from a New Leaf Screenshot Competition, of course, all I did was use the Tetris Grid I made myself to recreate the "I don't need it" scene from Spongebob.

Call me crazy, but I could've sworn someone did a similar thing with the Crescent Glow Wand but they used the Mr. Turner "If I had one" scene instead. (If anyone actually did that, let me know. Provided of course I will find out with the upcoming Archive feature if nobody tells me beforehand...)

How could I have forgotten the dancing 7s when I made this thread? That was so iconic

- the fair where i was too good at the final mirrors so staff gave you and another user a second place shooting star collectible as well, we love when everyone wins
I still can't believe only 3 of us got that mirror, I'm not even good at mirrors so how did I get that one of all things LOL. To date, that's actually the only event where I've earned an animated collectible!

i think tbtwc and camp bell tree 2021 are the most memorable for me! those are the two events i actually participated in fully i think, i miss that year </3

Every TBT event that I’ve participated in has been memorable to me in their own unique ways, but out of all of them, I think TBTWC has been the most memorable to me thus far.

It was the first team-based event I participated in (and I think the first team-based TBT event in general?), and it was the first time that I truly felt like a part of the community. Everyone here has been nothing but kind to me since I returned to TBT in early 2020, and I was friendly with plenty of people back in 2021, but I didn’t engage with the community much at the time outside of events and New Horizons trades, and I didn’t really feel like I had many legit friends. Just acquaintances and people I was friendly with/fond of. TBTWC was the event that changed that for me!

I made so many new friends during that event, both on my team (Bellflowers forever 💜) and on the others. I also got to interact with a bunch of people I hadn’t spoken to before during game spectating on Discord, and had so, so much fun. There were so many funny, silly and heartwarming moments that I got to witness and be a part of, and I made so many new incredible friends and memories because of it, and I will always cherish that. Some of the new friends that I made during TBTWC are no longer active, and I still miss them a lot and am grateful to them for the fun times they gave me. 💜

TBTWC was also the event that got me into making art for fun again! I made art for a different community when I was younger and liked it, but I hadn’t been a part of that community for eons at that point, and I didn’t make art anymore unless it was for TBT events. I had a lot of fun writing haikus and making art for The Bellflowers to cheer them on, even though not a single piece that I made was good LOL. But I especially had fun making the art, so much so that I continued making unrelated little doodles in my spare time even after the event was over. Those doodles + the art that I made for Camp Bell Tree 2021 inspired me to keep making art and trying to be creative, even though I had no intention of ever trying to be a “professional” artist, and I had made enough art and was confident enough in it by the near-end of the year that I decided to make my art thread on here! This is probably cringe lol, but this community and TBTWC have truly changed my life in ways that still impact me to this day (positively), and I‘m so grateful.

I promise I’ll shut up after this xnsidnfhv, but The Bellflowers was my team name suggestion, and I’m still so honoured and happy that it was chosen. Bellflowers are still so special to me because of it. 💜 I’m so excited for TBTWC to return this year and to see what it has in store this time!

One that stands out for me was the 2019 kaleidoclover lottery. For those of you who weren't there, when the kaleidoclover was first introduced, you had the ability to purchase what was essentially a lottery ticket each day and select two single digit numbers. The next day, if both of your numbers were drawn, you'd get a kaleidoclover. I had decent luck and I think I won two or three kaleidoclovers during the event. This event is memorable to me because it was very unique, I've never seen another event like it during my time on TBT! It was more interesting than your typical raffle.

That event was fun, but I also remember it being a bit of a mess in terms of the lottery system running properly, so that's probably why we never did it again lol. I would like to though, perhaps someday now that the system is updated since then.

I'm also glad some of you have such fond memories of the dancing 7 lol, I think I was the one that rained them down upon a forum, plus it was my clue!

Back