• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What does December 25th mean for you?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
"Give me presents day" is approaching and I was wondering why people celebrate it, it could be for religious reasons, social reasons and so on, please share.

Its a time where my family and I meet up for a day, have fun, give each other gifts and have a nice meal together for the first time in ages.

My Mum, Uncle and I aren't Christians while the rest of my family are but even so, they aren't hardcore religious nuts and don't talk about Jesus and God all the time. (Thank goodness)

I refer to it as Christmas for convenience sake, because like I said earlier most of my family are Christian and they look at me as if I'm a weirdo for not calling it Christmas. I don't celebrate it for some fictional character but rather for my family and they celebrate it for family time too, so I don't understand why they react in that way. =/

I'm still not in the festive mood.

Does anybody else want to share what December 25th means to them?

Seeing my family. I am Christian but my family doesn't usually go to church on the 25th because there's a Christmas Eve service on the evening of the 24th.

For my family, it is not at all religious (sorry if I upset anyone <3) It's just a day where we can all get together and just be happy! It's the dead of winter, everyone deserves some happiness and cheer when it's terrifically cold and dark outside! I sometimes celebrate with my Christian friends though, however one of their parents doesn't see it as a religious holiday at all, and actually dislikes Christmas as a Christian! Each to their own i guess :D

giving stuff to people, people giving stuff to me, spending time together for a little bit

Pretty much nothing. Here in Sweden we celebrate Christmas on the 24th.

the day after my family and i eat a whole pork

like the whole thing
(hispanic lifestyle amirite ._.)

we open ours at 12 am on xmas eve so the 25th is just there lol

Dec 25 is going to church and having dinner with family. The day has great religious meaning for me even though half of my family doesn't celebrate it for that.

For me Christmas is a day when you take a break from school/work and spend time with family to make the darkest, coldest part of the year a little brighter!

Last edited:
Back