• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎄 When do you start buying/making Christmas gifts? 🎄

When do you start your Christmas gift shopping?

• Total voters
Black Friday.

I usually have a rough idea in mind of what I want to get people and wait until the sales to start shopping. If what I was going to buy is on sale, great! If not I buy it anyway.

Usually I’ve started already but this year has just been hell from start to finish🥲 I’m gonna start soon though otherwise Christmas will be cancelled 🤣

I usually start around October-November. If I start earlier, I tend to forget about the gifts... >_<

I've given up on Christmas gifts. My family isn't Christian, so we just give $$$ in red envelops for Chinese New year =) So Christmas gifts are usually just for my friends, and since the exchange of gifts is usually centered around a family event, usually I'm not involved in these. I focus on my friends' birthdays instead.
A few times some friend groups have tried to organize a secret santa sort of event, but now that we're all losing touch a little bit since we've moved all across the country, it's harder to ensure that everyone keeps in touch with everyone in the group.

It tends to be towards the end of November, start of December when I buy Christmas gifts for other people. I generally just wait until other people tell me what they want, then I'll go and buy it, preferably while Black Friday sales are on, lol.

I always try to start early, but it never seems to work out in my favor like that. I usually end up doing it later because this time of the year gets super busy for us all and there's always something else that needs immediate attention.

I ended up not buying many presents before December. Too many things this year that have cost me, unfortunately so I had to save a lot

Back