• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some video game crossovers you'd like to see happen?

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I can't think of any atm but I'm curious if anyone else has any. List away! :)

I've daydreamed in the past about adventure swapping.

(e.g) Mario has to navigate his way through a zelda dungeon, link must navigate his way through a 3D mario platformer with his tool kit.

That's just the easiest example, but there are others.

Story of Seasons x Pokémon!
I want a little pokémon ranch while I romance some Rocket grunt and sell carrots to the local Pokémart or whatever.

And I really enjoy crossover characters and items in Animal Crossing! Felyne was so cute and unexpected. Maybe Sherl and Gizmo from Professor Layton would make cute AC characters!

Last edited:
I'd still like to see a proper Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem crossover. What ATLUS ultimately ended up developing, Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE, is like a nightmare scenario to me personally.

Shin Megami Tensei is about the forces of order and chaos, represented primarily by YHVH and his angels on the side of order & law, while Lucifer and his legions of demons strive for chaos; tons of other mythological people and creatures, gods, deities and demons are featured as well. This struggle between order and chaos is often waged during or after an apocalypse or apocalyptic event that has befallen humanity.

Meanwhile, Fire Emblem, at least originally and for a long time thereafter, is primarily a game about wars between nations, political intrigue, knights, royals, mages and magic, dragons, cavalry and etc. Save for a few of the games which are more about fanservice, there's usually a serious tone, even if there's humor mixed in.

What we got with Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE was more in line with the Persona side of the Megami Tensei franchise. It's pop idol industry stuff with lore tie-ins from the original Fire Emblem games featuring Marth and the events thereof, with the spirits of some of the cast of those games serving as the persona equivalents. This is somewhat understandable since Persona is the bigger seller and more well known in the public consciousness. I know that there was a bit of difficulty with figuring out how to best combine the two series, that it was originally planned to be something different entirely, but I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am if it were simply advertised from the start as Fire Emblem x Persona. The direction they went with doesn't appeal to me at all, though I have heard that the gameplay is fun at least.

So yeah, I'd like to see a proper swing at combining regular Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. I think there's good potential there.

I don't really have any good ideas for one. I've just had this very unrealistic daydream that combines Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with Splatoon. That's never going to happen, but I've been thinking about it for a few years.
..Wait, on second thought, I do have a good idea. Paper Mario and Kirby. Preferably based on the first two Paper Mario games. I feel like I said this once somewhere else.

Custom Robo x F-Zero - similar structure to a Custom Robo game, with a storyline, evil organization to defeat, collect parts to upgrade your machine (in this case a race car). Maybe in the spirit of Custom Robo, add a battle aspect to the races.

Mario Sports x Pokemon - Would really like to see Pokemon Baseball or Pokemon Soccer, in the spirit of Mario Baseball or Strikers.

For some reason, my brain suddenly decided 'I want to make a Klonoa and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon crossover happen'. I don't even know how it would work lmao

I’d say Fire Emblem x Final Fantasy or either with Persona 5 maybe. None are really I have to have; i haven’t played all of either series. So if the crossover was with just Final Fantasy VIi characters for example, I wouldn’t be very interested since I haven’t gotten far in VII. Fire Emblem: I’ve played Awakening, Fates, Three Houses, some of echoes (need to finish) and some of the first one (only played a little at a friend’s house).

I didn’t have any in mind but you know what? I looked at my game ratings, saw Tetris and Inscryption, and decided that would be fire. I don’t even know how it would work but that’s the fun.

Anton and Peppino need to cross over in a game already.

Would never happen but some Pokemon would go insane in Monster Hunter

Back