• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2024 releases you're looking forward to?

Wake me up when Metroid Prime 4 gets released

or if um maybe Nintendo wants to reboot the Mario and Luigi RPG series within the next 5 years or something ahahaha I know it's never gonna happen in a million years.
No because I am literally manifesting the Mario & Luigi series comes back. I used to LOVE those games and play them all the time on my 3DS. I gotta replay Partners in Time and Dream Team! 🤩🥰

TTYD!
Not a game release, but I’m thrilled to go to the FF Distant Worlds concert in early February!

hmm... (glances over at ttyd, then at the peach game)
I wonder what I could be looking forward to...

mainly FFVII Rebirth for now, I caved in and preordered the collector’s edition :’D maybe FFXIV Dawntrail too, but so far I’m not sure if I’ll end up liking it more than the past expansions > <

It’ll probably be in 2025, release date is unconfirmed, but…

LIGHT NO FIRE
LIGHT NO FIRE
LIGHT NO FIRRRRRRRRE

Not a new release, but I am PRAYING Nintendo revives the PMD and M&L franchises. I love both of them dearly (Dream Team was one of my first 3DS games, and Blue Rescue Team introduced me to Pokemon and RPGs), so hopefully we see news regarding at least one of them soon (Mario and Luigi seems more likely as AlphaDream employees joined Nintendo after the bankruptcy, and the series is one of their most profitable RPGs, plus, its goshdarn MARIO, they'd be crazy not to!) back on topic, I really am looking forward to ttyd for comparison purposes, as I own the 'Cube version.

Palworld.
It finally has a release date for EA, which is jan 19th. So we decided we are going to get them. It looks like alot of fun to me. I'm not a shooter person, but there is all kinds of things you can do in the game, and you use pals to do stuff too. I enjoy playing Pocketpair's Craftopia though they are still adding to it and stuff.

Honestly, there really aren't any games I'm looking forward to so far this year! Like the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake is at the top of my list, but even then it's something I'd get down the road rather than right away.

I'm in the same camp as @~Kilza~ in that nothing is calling to me right now. I'd probably be excited about FFVII: Rebirth and FFXIV: Dawntrail if I'd finished the previous game/expansion yet. At this rate neither are games I'm excited enough about to commit to wanting to pick up at launch (or even this year).

Praying for a Dynasty Warriors 10 announcement in 2024. 🙏

Palworld. I have been watching its development for years now. It's pokemon meets BOTW but with guns haha

Palworld.
It finally has a release date for EA, which is jan 19th. So we decided we are going to get them. It looks like alot of fun to me. I'm not a shooter person, but there is all kinds of things you can do in the game, and you use pals to do stuff too. I enjoy playing Pocketpair's Craftopia though they are still adding to it and stuff.
YAY I'm so excited for Palworld! It's been on my wishlist for a while so thank god it's finally coming out ahhaa. Hopefully it's good! it looks fun.

I remember back a few years ago when everyone saw Palworld and was just like “damn, that’s just Pokémon: Gun” and it genuinely looked kinda… dumb? Like to a lot of people that trailer just felt off, and like a blatant cash grab but done in a very, uhh, animal labor intensive way. It looks more interesting now that more has been shown, though.

I have a nintendo voucher leftover from last year. I'm interested in the new peach game, but i'm not 100% convinced that i'll like it.

I'm definitely looking forward to the splatoon 3 expansion pack, it looks so cool!!!!

I am at my knees for the release of the next Fantasy Life game later this year.

Otherwise, there are plenty of games I'm interested in, but I'm not counting down the days until their release (e.g.: Unicorn Overlord, Echoes of the Plum Grove, Nivalis).

And, of course, I'm looking forward to checking out 2024 releases within the "cozy farming/life sim" category.

Last edited:
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. I enjoyed LaD's switch to turn-based combat more than I thought so more Ichiban is very welcome. We're in Hawaii this time!

So far, the games I'll likely buy this year are Princess Peach: Showtime!, Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time, and not a new release (but new to Switch at least), Biomutant!

The two games I'm most looking forward to are likely to be 2025 releases: Fable 4, and Dragon Age: Dreadwolf.

The only game I'm looking forward to at the moment is the new Fantasy Life game. I loved the first one, so I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

So far, only Princess Peach: Showtime and TTYD Remake. Will I be getting them? Probably not, I'll have to wait until next direct for some new interesting releases.

Not a whole lot currently.

I enjoy fighting games, so I'm looking forward to the release of Tekken 8 this month.

I'm tentatively interested in Metaphor: ReFantazio. I still want to see more about it to see whether I'm going to bother or not.

I might eventually pick up Princess Peach: Showtime! and the remake of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but it's not a guarantee, and definitely not on launch.

Paper Mario probably. That's all I know of. Maybe FF7 part 2 if that is coming out this year.

Paper Mario TTYD is probably going to just be a straight remaster with HD graphics for those wondering, but it's not like its just a copy/paste like I saw mentioned. If you want to see some lazy copy paste look at ToS. This one looks like they put some soul into it.

Back