• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2024 releases you're looking forward to?

Kitsuragi

some kind of superstar
Bells
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Orange Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
wasn't sure if this was already made. there's some big titles coming out this year, but honestly, the only thing i'm excited for is the TTYD remake. i can't think of anything else coming out this year that has me opening my wallet.

what about you? what are you looking forward to this year?

Suikoden 1 and 2 HD remaster and the Persona 3 remake (I still want Kotone back. Let me date my boys😭).

Can't wait for them!

What, they are remaking TTYD?? That's actually a game I'd pay full price for to play. I hope it's not just the same game on Switch and there are some differences, even if they turn out being minor. This was one of my favorite Paper Mario games. I only preferred the original for N64 just slightly.

maaaaaaybe princess peach showtime and TTYD, but honestly i've kind of switched off of nintendo recently for various reasons, so i might just save my money and pass. nothing else is on my radar, but i haven't really been looking lol.

I'm also looking forward to the Paper Mario TTYD remake but maybe when more things are announced I will have more games to look forward to. It's only January, after all. Kinda nervous this will be the year of a new Nintendo console, though... and I can't afford that.

The game I'm most excited for so far is the Spy x Anya Operation Memories game! I love Spy x Family so I really hope the game is good! Also these too:

-Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
-Palworld (if it comes out. It says this year but who knows)

What, they are remaking TTYD?? That's actually a game I'd pay full price for to play. I hope it's not just the same game on Switch and there are some differences, even if they turn out being minor. This was one of my favorite Paper Mario games. I only preferred the original for N64 just slightly.
mhm, it was announced during the last direct iirc. i haven't been normal since

am looking forward to:

- lost records: bloom and rage
- (this year in my dreams) haunted chocolatier
- banishers: ghosts of new eden - the reveal at the 2022 game awards was pretty cool
- the plucky squire
- pragmata
- final fantasy 7 rebirth

everything is basically a maybe other than haunted chocolatier and lost records. they're a bit higher than a maybe

i am *so* excited for coral island to come to switch!! it looks like exactly the type of game i'll get sucked into really quickly and deeply, and although there's no confirmed date i cannot wait to immediately spend my money on it

Pretty much nothing, haha. My Switch backlog is still massive and I have PC games I play. This was pretty much the case for me at the start of 2023 too.

I guess you could say I've had my fun with the Switch and am ready for the next Nintendo console. 💀

It’s not really a new release, but I’m excited for Snacko’s switch release this year! I found out about it through the latest Wholesome Snack video, and it looks like such a cute game! It’s very similar to Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley etc it looks like, except you play as a black cat instead of a human! The graphics are adorable, the OST sounds so calming, and honestly the game could be trash and I would still be happy because I get to play as a black kitty!!!!! All of the other characters look super adorable as well.

It’s available on Steam for early access right now, and the reviews so far are really good! 100% rating out of 92 reviews. I’m gonna wait for the switch release though as I prefer to play on handheld consoles.

Similarly, Little Kitty, Big City is also getting a switch release this year! You once again get to play as a black cat, only this time you’re venturing through a city and inevitably getting into mischief as you try to make your way back home. I’m mostly intrigued because you get to dress up the kitty in silly hats and befriend other animals, but it seems like a cute game! I’d be interested in checking it out once it releases.

I’m also curious about the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake. I never played the original and have been wanting to try and get into more mario games, and TTYD looks very cute! I’m still on the fence about it, since Nintendo games are $90+ CAD so I want to be sure that I’ll actually enjoy the game long-term before buying it, but I’m thinking about it!

Right now, just Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time. I've got a decent gaming backlog though, especially after the last few months, so I don't mind too much.
With that said, I would like to see some announcements for more upcoming otome in English—I haven't finished Jack Jeanne and still have Radiant Tale to play after that, but none of the other currently released/remaining upcoming releases are really catching my attention. It feels like it's been a good while since the last time any new ones were announced, and there's a couple fandiscs and other titles I'm reallyyyy still hoping will get official English localizations. ;w; Kamigami no Asobi Infinite plssss I beg

I also look forward to Princess Peach Showtime. I recently started playing Super Princess Peach in anticipation for it and I’m loving it so far.

I have Paper Mario TTYD on GameCube already (haven’t played it just yet) so unless the remake adds a bunch of content aside from updated graphics I’m not big into it. Great for those who don’t have the GameCube version though.

I’m also looking forward to Splatoon 3s DLC Side Order.

I have Paper Mario TTYD on GameCube already (haven’t played it just yet) so unless the remake adds a bunch of content aside from updated graphics I’m not big into it. Great for those who don’t have the GameCube version though.
This would ultimately decide whether or not I get the game. I would like additional content in the game rather than a copy/paste remake. It's easy for the game to be an exact copy. I want new content and to play a game I haven't before.

I'm excited for the P3 remake-- I might not get it right away and wait for a sale since it comes out pretty soon and I have a few games I want to finish before starting anything new. (Tbh I think if the female protagonist were an option I'd be just a smidge more excited for it, haha.) I'm also curious about Princess Peach Showtime and Lost Records Bloom and Rage! I'm sure there will be other games I'm excited for as time goes on, but those are the ones that come to mind right away.

CORAL ISLAND PLEASE I'VE WAITED

I backed that game in early 2020 during lockdown and 2024 is going to allegedly be the year of the Switch release! It's getting rave reviews on Steam, but I know in my heart I'll play it a lot more if I wait for it to come to a handheld console.

I'm also interested in the new Fantasy Life game. I remember enjoying the 3DS game a lot waaaayyy back when it came out, so I'm curious about how it's being adapted.

Wake me up when Metroid Prime 4 gets released

or if um maybe Nintendo wants to reboot the Mario and Luigi RPG series within the next 5 years or something ahahaha I know it's never gonna happen in a million years.

after reading this thread, i've wish-listed coral island and snacko lol. coral island tempts me the most, but the reviews on steam are a little mixed. i probably will get it at some point though.

one that was recommended to me in my browser's "discover" tab is tales of seikyu. the trailer for that has me super interested. not 100% on if they plan to have the game out this year, but their kickstarter launches in the next few days.

Back