• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✿✿✿ What Anime/Manga do you like? ✿✿✿

Yay you, impressive list to say the least but!!! GinTama is missing and I didn’t see Inu X Boku SS either so how’d you miss those… Wait, Kona Suba… Tell me I missed them and you didn’t???

If only I had 72 hours in a day! 😅

Every new anime season, I have to make tough choices. I can't watch them all. I've heard so many good things about Gintama but, at that time, my plate was full. Kona Suba doesn't appeal to me based on what I've read. I find most isekai anime to be predictable. And filled to the brim with cute girls and fanservice. (Nothing wrong with cute girls and fanservice! I like fanservice when it isn't over the top. But I prefer cute guys. Having said that, I don't enjoy anime that's basically only a showcase of good-looking guys with flat personalities. I need a good, credible story and interesting characters I can empathize with, regardless of the genre.) Inu x Boku SS looks interesting. I like the seiyuu cast! But it probably happened during a season when I was already following too many series.

Alright here's some random one's I've watched/read recently and liked. There aren't really spoilers in these just marking them as such:

I could go on about this, but basically it's four sparkly dudes renowned for being great prison escapists. The plot takes a more serious turn some episodes in, but it might appeal more to like a younger teen audience lol. The manga's a lot further along than the anime (rip to season 3) and has more slice-of-life stuff. In fact, the manga is currently wrapping up soon.
A manga about a hard-of-hearing fella, Kouhei, and his new buddy Taichi who takes notes for him in class. I haven't finished it but apparently they fall in love.
The MC Ai recently went through the loss of a friend, and is guided by Acca and Ura-Acca to this world where she and others gotta crack eggs and defend the person who pops out of them to bring back their dead friends. Yeah that wasn't the best synopsis, best to just watch, it but it deals with a lot of heavy themes that might be best to look up before jumping into it.
Also there's a trans guy and gal, Momo (though some folks bring up that Momo probably isn't because if reasons explained later in the series but idk watch and see what you think).
Made by the folks who did Your Name. Japan's been experiencing a ton of rain and the main girl Hina can pray it away, but at the price of her life. If you're someone who liked Your Name, you'd probably like this too.
Also it's a romance but I wasn't too interested in that part.

I usually watch a couple a year and so far this is a small list of the ones I liked in random order
(there might be some I watched but just can't remember after these years, I have the memory of a goldfish, lol);

Top Tier! ⭐
  • Hunter X Hunter
  • MHA
  • Haikyuu
  • Attack on Titan

Good Tier 💚
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • SAO (season 1)
  • Re:Zero
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Big Windup!
  • Blue Exorcist!
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • Food Wars

Last edited:
I just finished reading/watching demon slayer and I loved itttttt

(kinda? Spoiler for chapter 132)
MY OTP they’re so cute wahhhhhh my heart
6mGvVno_d.webp

Anyway another manga I read recently and loved (webtoon technically) is Seasons of blossom 🥺 I love school life/slice of life/romance mangas and this one is so sweet I wish my high school life was like that.

I've been rewatching Durarara!! lately, it's one of my big favorites <3
also, I just discovered fire force! It's amazing and I love it =w=

I haven't been this excited about watching anime in a while, but fire force has breathed new life into me lol

lmao I am a HUGE sucker for slice of life, high school, and romance animes. If all three are present then it's an instant favorite for me. Ik it's cheesy and basic but idc it's a guilty pleasure.
Right now I'm going back through the Love is War manga because god I love the story so much, it hits all the right spots with my taste and it's perfectly seasoned with humor, romance, and drama. I'm crying with the latest chapter because I love Miko Iino so much, I just want her to be happy.
1623186323475.png

I should also go back to finishing Hyouka, I love the art style and the story. All the characters are so cute oh my.

Anyway another manga I read recently and loved (webtoon technically) is Seasons of blossom 🥺 I love school life/slice of life/romance mangas and this one is so sweet I wish my high school life was like that.
Thank you for this recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out when I have the time 👀

Here's some I really like:
K-On!
Vampire Knight
March Comes in Like a Lion
Nozaki-Kun
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Ouran High School Host Club
Puella Magi - Madoka Magica
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Maid Sama
Fruits Basket
Oh My Goddess!
Sweetness and Lightning

lmao I am a HUGE sucker for slice of life, high school, and romance animes. If all three are present then it's an instant favorite for me. Ik it's cheesy and basic but idc it's a guilty pleasure.
Right now I'm going back through the Love is War manga because god I love the story so much, it hits all the right spots with my taste and it's perfectly seasoned with humor, romance, and drama. I'm crying with the latest chapter because I love Miko Iino so much, I just want her to be happy.

I should also go back to finishing Hyouka, I love the art style and the story. All the characters are so cute oh my.

Thank you for this recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out when I have the time 👀
Yess hope you like it! Another similar webtoon that’s romance/school life/slice of life I loved is called Odd girl out. Totally recommend it if you haven’t read it yet >w<

Back