• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Atlantis: Angie's Island

Island/Town Name
Atlantis
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear

_confused_piplup_

Bells
Switch
4381-3145-4920
Island
Atlantis
Hello! My name is Angie and Atlantis is my Island. I started it in December 2020 and it took me much time and effort to bring important changes to it. It's really a pity I can't show you the whole progress, because it could have been fun to watch. However, I still have some things to complete, so I might be posting and updating my changes on my Island on this Journal. I really love the idea!

For now, I am not really concentrating on the Island itself because I was hunting villagers for Atlantis. I have already written it in a post, but since I like being clear and precise, I will explain in details who I have been and I am still looking for.

I was looking for:

- Zucker
- Lily
- Shino
- Roald

I am still currently looking for Judy.

Here I will post pics of my Island, trying to explain the areas of Atlantis and how I want to develop those. Keep in mind that pics have a really low quality, but I will try to do my best next time. Also, it's a while I haven't been playing so there are random trees and lots of clumps of weeds. As I said, I am focusing on finding Judy, so I am kinda voiding those, even tho they are kinda annoying lol. I am a precise person hehe

Let's begin!

ISLAND MAP AND ACTUAL VILLAGERS
IMG_20220412_142950.jpg

WESTERN PART

IMG_20220412_145028.jpg
IMG_20220412_143006.jpg

This part is my love/hate part lol. Actually very more love than hate: this part is based on my first Pokémon game which is Pokémon Diamond, that is also my all time fav game, so it had to be in my personal Island lol. This part is based on Twinleaf Town and Lake Verity with the path that takes to Sandgem Town -> (which is not represented in my Island). My house is where is located the main character's house in Pokémon Diamond. The bad news about this part of my Island is that I needed tons of trees to make it. It's not the fact that it was INDEED exhausting, but unfortunately it's the reason why my Island evaluation can't get over 4 stars, but honestly, I don't care because I love this part of my island the way it is.

In the pic there is the Lake Verity part, while I didn't really manage to get a good pic of my house because there were too many unnecessary trees. It is quite completed, I just need to clean the area a bit.

CENTRAL PART
I am going to divide it into three regions. The northern part where there is a music hall, the Main Plaza, which is just under the Music Hall and the Path that takes to the back of the Town Hall.

IMG_20220412_145126.jpg

IMG_20220412_142913.jpg

There are cellos and a piano. It took me much time to do that, not only to find the right items (especially the Statues), but also all the terraforming that you can also see on the Island Map. I am not sure it's 100% completed, because while I am pretty much ok with it right now, I was thinking to add two white harps next to the piano. I had to wait for the update to make the piano white huhhhh...

IMG_20220412_145207.jpg

IMG_20220412_142938.jpg

Nothing much to say lol. I am not good at drawing so I decided to stick with normal designs. There are some exceptions, but in general I decided to go with the default ones. Happy with this choice because, if ever want to change the design, I can. But I don't think I will lol. This plaza is important because it basically connects the different parts of my Island.

IMG_20220412_145258.jpg

IMG_20220412_143024.jpg

This part is quite nice. It didn't take me much time to terraforming it, so I am happy with the idea and the results. Nothing too complicated but I needed something to connect the northern part with the southern one. I wasn't really sure of this part of my Island because it's right behind the Town Hall, but tbh I don't mind it, it's actually very nice and useful because, as I said, it connects North and South of Atlantis.

SOUTHERN PART

It's really diverse because there are many different things. Maybe I should have started from here because it's the first part you see when you visit the Island, but it doesn't really matter. This one is the entrance.
IMG_20220412_145436.jpg

IMG_20220412_143054.jpg

When you enter my Island you have three possible ways: you go ahead where the real entrance is, you can go on the left and there's a path that takes you to the sea, or you can go right where there are other parts of the Island (Statues Garden, Museum Entrance and the other coast of the Island). Well, I didn't really take pics of the right and left paths of the Island because they weren't so important lol. So, let's just go ahead.

IMG_20220412_143108.jpg

IMG_20220412_143125.jpg

There are basically 5 main areas. I wasn't sure of this part because it looks like too many things in one space, but on the other hand, the rest of the Island takes so much space for few stuff and I wanted my Island to be lively and rich for my Villagers lol. So, the 5 areas: in the first pic, on the right there is the Waiting Room with some chairs and distributors. On the left, the path continues and there are the other 4 areas:
- restaurant
- dj booth with gyroids, which is kinda a bar
- small library
- ramen shop. It can't be really noticed, but on the stand there's written ramen in Japanese lol. That's a design I made and it took me some time. It's not a complicated design so it wasn't too hard and not too time wasting. Still took me some time tho.

Then there is the Passage for the Canal and the Canal itself.

IMG_20220412_145330.jpg

IMG_20220412_143143.jpg

IMG_20220412_143156.jpg

This is my most incomplete part of the Island. As you can see, I miss the other statue to complete the Passage for the Canal and the Canal is empty. I need some ideas but especially items lol. I wanted to make it very flowery, even tho I have flowers basically everywhere. I can't really explain the style, but I was thinking something like Paris in 19th century: classy but also rich of colors. I probably want some pink maybe. And black to create some contrast. So, yeah. Few ideas lol

IMG_20220412_145458.jpg

IMG_20220412_143037.jpg

This is on the left of the Town Hall. It is where I keep the rocks and where I cultivate things like carrots, tomatoes and so on. As you can see it's not really a clean area because moving the rocks required me to cover the whole Island with things, so bell trees and clumps of weeds tended to spawn here. Also from the Island tours I wasn't so lucky and often got the same kinds of plant. I wanted this kind of garden to be diverse, but I wasn't lucky enough to get different things but mainly carrots and pumpkin lol. Also yeah from here you can notice the design I made for the ramen stand lol.

EASTERN PART

Here there are the Statues Garden, the Museum Entrance, Villagers' houses and basically all the facilities lol. While it may look like it's kinda bad to have all the main facilities on one side of the Island, it's REALLY comfortable.

IMG_20220412_145526.jpg

IMG_20220412_143225.jpg

IMG_20220412_143244.jpg

I think it's actually better than what it looks like in these pics lol. You can see it's basically finished, I only need ONE statue, which goes on the left space in the 2nd pic. The one I want there is the Rock-Head statue or Gulliver's Moai statue. I haven't found neither of them rip.

Next stop is Museum Entrance.

IMG_20220412_145558.jpg

IMG_20220412_143317.jpg

This is my Japanese part of the Island lol. It's not complete yet and yeah it looks like it's full of random stuff. I am experimenting tbh. I want some katana that I can get from Gulliver. I am not 100% convinced everything is going to stay there, but I decided to try how this part looked like with basically every Oriental style item I have. I want those lanterns to make a path to the Museum. At night this would look incredible. If I am not wrong the DIY of those lanterns is dropped during the Hanami season. Shouldn't be hard to get, but Judy first lol. Also yeah, I am going to customize the kimono stands.
Yes I made that pavement design that imo looks quite good with the Japanese fence and yes it's not too hard. Luckily the pattern is repeated, so It didn't require me to make too many designs, probably 8 or 9.
In the end you can notice a word written in Japanese and that's Museum (obviously lol). It is read as "hakubutsukan". That part took me some time. Because at first it was too small so i had to remake it and I mean writing kanji is hard irl, imagine with pixel art lol. It's true pixels may help, but it still requires much precision and some time. Anyway, I am pretty happy with my result.

IMG_20220412_145622.jpg

IMG_20220412_143304.jpg

I mean this one speaks for itself lol. Near the Museum, some sort of small Park that works for another Museum Entrance for someone who comes from the Town Hall, instead that from South. It's decorated with fossils and nothing more lol.

IMG_20220412_145643.jpg

IMG_20220412_143342.jpg

This is where Villagers live. There are seven of their houses. Three rows of houses: 2 of three houses and the last one with only one house. The reason for that is because it's near to the central plaza and all the other facilities.
I took just one pic because there's not much to see. Looking at the Map of my Island, you can easily see how this part is organized. This part is complete, but I may upload some new pics in case I come up with new ideas or simply to show it better.

IMG_20220412_145709.jpg

IMG_20220412_143358.jpg

IMG_20220412_143419.jpg

Lol sorry, I am extremely sorry this part looks like an absolute mess. Trees kinda grew everywhere hehe.
Anyway, nothing much to say here as well. You can see the second main plaza. Around it there are all the main facilities, basically making this part of the Island the shopping point and the economic center of Atlantis.

So, that's basically everything. Sorry if this was long or boring, but yes this is my Island and as you can see there are still parts of it that need to be completed!

A little update about my Island. I am still currently hunting Judy and idk if I will post this on the villager hunt section as well, because it's months I have been hunting some villagers for my Island, so the counting thing wouldn't be true at all since I have already started much time ago.
Rather than that, I was lucky that Redd had one of the Statues that I need, so I could finally complete the small area before the canal in the Southern part of the Island.

IMG_20220414_160636.jpg

There it is! Finally completed. Not much, but still an achievement lol.

As for the Judy hunting, here there are the villagers I found today. I might continue later, but I will eventually update this post or the whole thread tomorrow. Here's the list:

- Violet
- Benedict
- Timbra
- Jacques
- Eugene
- Mint (looks so amazing, love her <3)
- Bill
- Drago
- Elvis
- Aurora

Just one thing to say, I have actually found Drago at least other two times lol. Idk why this happens lol. Anyway, it wasn't so bad because after all three snooty villagers visited my Island (Violet, Timbra and Mint), so I think this could a good sign lol. Wish me luck 😣

My search for Judy continues. Still no achievements and I found some villagers again lol. The list:

- Violet (yes, again)
- Sprinkle (so cute <3)
- Punchy
- Patty
- Harry
- Cephalobot
- Astrid
- Anabelle
- Hippeux
- Boone

Many of them are actually really cool but still no Judy :(

Well, this isn't really an update, but I think it still represents something important for Atlantis: we had our first visitor!
It was Robert from Windsel! He was so nice and I showed him around Atlantis and even in my house. The island and especially my house still weren't complete but I think we had fun.
Then he showed me his incredibly cool outfit and we could do nothing but take some extremely cool pics lol
2035040315474700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2035040315475200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Then I visited his Island which looks amazing and is very well organized, with very big and large areas. It really seemed like Windsel was bigger than Atlantis, but it was just a consequence of Robert's organization plan!
His house is really full of incredible things, but what truly got my attention was the upper floor, which was very colorful and lively! The cloud bed was definitely a good choice!
2035040316144500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Then he took me to Brewster's cafe The Roost, where he offered me a delicious coffee!
2035040316244100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

We definitely had fun and now both Atlantis and Windsel are somewhat more connected to each other!

My hunt for Judy continues. Here there are the villagers I found today:

- Weber
- Bea
- Cherry (3rd time lol)
- Blaire (so cuteeee)
- Gayle
- Dobie
- Gaston
- Vladimir
- Skye
- Jambette

A huge update! I have recently started playing Animal Crossing again and I have some interesting news about my Island!
First of all, thanks to the help of someone, I finally managed to get Judy. So, my Villagers' list is FINALLY completed!

2022061914234300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Here they are: I love them so much!

Secondly, and this is a minor update, I decided to make a small park area for the bell trees. The idea was to use a free space. I am still VERY unsure about it and especially, despite it's working, I wouldn't want my whole Island to have few areas for things to spawn. So, I am a little bit unsure, but i still decided to give it a try! Here it is:

2022061914253200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Back