• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Non TT-ers, what are you working on?

AquaMarie

Bells
Switch
5984-0766-6097
Winter Mittens
First of all, nothing against TT-ers! This thread is just more for those who are taking the game day by day and haven't unlocked everything yet.

I'm wondering where you are in the game and what you're currently working on. Also, what are you looking forward to?

My RS was upgraded yesterday and I placed the plot for the campsite. Yesterday I also moved my house to an area that was inaccessible at the start, so that was exciting! I also built my first ramp!

Today I set up a spot to move Marina's house to the beach, which was my original house location. The little relocating scene I got for her was pretty cute. I also want to build a second ramp today.

Other than that I'm arranging flowers to grow hybrids and rearranging trees. It's so nice we can just eat fruit to move them now instead of chopping them down and replanting!

I'm also grinding Nook Miles because I'm really excited to start encountering villagers on the mystery tours again next week. I'm going to island hop like crazy to hopefully find some villagers I love.

Last edited:
It's a nice mirror discussion topic to the time traveller discussion thread! Today, my resident services are under construction. I think that signifies that tomorrow will be the end of tutorial mode for me? I haven't looked up too much about what's coming up in the game for me, but from the bits and pieces of info I've run in to, I think I'm going to have a lot more to keep me occupied.

I'm also excited to be able to start hearing the hourly music. I mean, I've enjoyed the relaxing guitar background, but I'm ready for more at this point!

I also organized my flowers into a garden area on a certain corner of my island. I'm hoping to start getting more hybrids.

I can't wait to get the campsite and start using my amiibo cards to get my favorite villagers on the island!

I'm also super impatient for the terraforming to be unlocked for me. mairen has sooo many plans!

Last edited:
My resident services is under construction today! So not much for me to do aside from grind some bells and miles, looking to pay off the loan for my house - had the second room added overnight. Looking forward to getting the ability to start to move stuff around tomorrow once the town hall opens. Despite the fact I have some MAJOR work to do landscaping, I can still put some buildings in their permanant homes already

I am still working on getting my three villagers in...so far one is moves in and the other two plots are almost done.

I'm currently waiting for a villager to come to my campsite, and I'm slowly working on paying off my loan and paying for a second bridge to be constructed. I'm planning to start attempting to breed hybrids!

My RS was also upgraded to a building and I've just placed the campsite today. I'm excited to see who my first camper will be!

Then I'll most likely be spending some time at the mystery islands in hopes of finding Raymond or one of my dreamies. I've been saving my Nook Mile tickets ever since I've heard you won't be able to meet any villagers on islands after plotting the 3 villagers' homes. It's nice knowing that I can start island-hopping again soon c:

I'm also working on getting some rose hybrids and maybe start on some hyacinths too. I've been seeing some very lovely islands and can't wait to decorate mine with flowers as well!

My RS is also under co today. So exciting all us non-TT are moving at the same pace. I can't wait to start decorating, like hardcore decorating. Terra forming and moving everything.

My Town Hall was just built so today I set up the space for the campsite and started grinding Nook Miles to get all of those great DIY recipes :) Later tonight I play on heading out to try to get a bamboo island as well.

My campsite just got built today, and it's empty. There will be a villager tomorrow. Currently just working on making bells to pay off the loans and inclines/bridges.

just put down the campsite! also set up a spot for my second bridge :) thinking about also relocating my house, but that can wait. did 2 islands today to get some iron. lowkey upset i have to wait 2 more days for my villager to come to the campsite :( i just wanna start dreamy hunting on the islands

I am currently waiting for my town hall/representative center to be built today so I am going to work on moving my current flowers around to hopefully create some hybrids. I was looking to maybe purchase some other flowers that I haven't gotten luck on finding by myself on some island tours.

When I am not looking for some flowers or moving things around, I am going to be just doing some regular ole bug and fish hunting to get my bell count up to pay off ye ole Tom Crook.

my resident services is under construction today so i'm just fishing, catching bugs, and going to mystery islands and hoarding all the flowers I find haha

my town hall just got built today! :D

i'm saving up all of my miles as much as i can to get more tickets, i'll be searching the islands for some nice villagers as soon as i can get some more plots down

i set up the campsite, for now i just placed it on the beach as i haven't been able to do the terraforming i want to for a campsite area yet, i'm not sure when i'll be given the terraforming tools but i hope its in the next few days :)

day by day i've just been planting loads and loads of flowers, which has left me with so much watering to do! i've also been organising the trees and making some orchards

i've also been having a lot of fun customising furniture, adding custom patterns to make my own blankets on beds and tables etc :D

Plonked down the campsite on the beach today. Ordered a 2nd room expansion on the house. I moved one of my islanders out of a spot I where I will probably put the Able Sisters' store. Cleared an area where the next wave of villagers will reside. Fished alot and worked on a pattern.

Yesterday was the grand opening of the Town Hall, and my gosh does the town plaza look amazing. I've set up my town flag and tune, and have been enjoying some of the hourly music. Sooooo much better than having the old song stuck on repeat all day long.

I was finally able to move Nook's Cranny. When I first plotted it last week, it was fine, but the actual building has an invisible barrier around it so it causes a lot of grief on the left and right. I could not walk around it on either side, and was forced to go all the way around the obstacles, and this made traversing the area much harder. Today, Nook's cranny is in a better location right next to the Town Hall, and is looking a lot nicer.

I'm now in the process of cutting down trees and moving trees so when I get terraforming, I'll be able to go all out with how I want the rivers and cliffs. I have over 40,000 Nook Miles saved up, so I should be good to unlock any future things needed, and I have over 700,000 bells in my ABD so I should be able to later move villager homes, and make bridges and ramps after terraforming.

Nook has asked me to pick weeds, plant flowers, and place decorations around the town. It's kind of vague, but I'm doing the best I can. I don't want to not progress today and then left behind. As such, I may be forced to build a ramp today just incase the game requires it to move forward in the story

At night, around 7 the past 2 days, I go to the random Islands and catch a full inventory of tarantulas, and then store them in my house. I read from someone that you can sell them during the bug competition for 12k a piece, which is 4k more than Nook's Cranny offers.

For fun of it, I've actually used the fencing and created a dump yard like the Gamecube has. The only difference is I have to manually clear mine when it's full.

I've also collected and placed a line of over 40 Dabs along one of my beaches. Just going to keep it going as long as I can :p

Been hunting down all the balloons too. I only have one more mile marker to go. I'm hoping it get a Golden Slingshot for my effort.

Up until the last couple days, I've been fishing non-stop, making about 300,000-500,000 bells a day. I've added 3 rooms onto my house, but I am now taking a break from that and will save money for the town.

Last edited:
I’m currently grinding out nook points and looking for cute furniture in balloons while I wait on my museum to be built!

I got my my fancy town hall today, so that felt like a pretty big achievement. I need to buy two (?) bridges now so my villagers can move around. I kinda like the slow place because the island is slowly transforming and taking big steps.

I just wish the NookMiles+ x5 would show up more frequently, it's one thing when you're grinding for a ticket but another when there's like 20 expensive recipes you have to get. :eek:

But yeah, my camping site is done tomorrow and I'm excited for a new villager. I have 5 now and the island slowly feels more lively, my main goal is getting all 10 villagers asap.

I have like no idea how I want to landscape my town. I just paid bells to have my house moved, but it's definitely not its final spot. I'm only sure how I want to terraform my rivers. But luckily 99% of things can be changed now.

When you guys move buildings, is it done instantly, or do you need to wait a day?

I am figuring out who are my 3 villagers that wanted to move onto my island? I traveled to mystery island 2 times, but talked to no one. Nook one day told me 3 people wanted to come live on my island and gave me 3 lands to build. I so worried they are going to be the 2 that I met, plus 1 random villagers. I am trying to earn more miles to visit more island to invite villagers that I like such that I don't get those less desirable ones. I so far traveled to 2 more islands but still talked to nobody. I still have not plot their lands yet.

I don't know if this could be done, but that's what I am working on.... anything to earn more miles.

Last edited:
Back