• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Was Wild World Better Than City Folk?

Was WW Better Than CF?

• Total voters

Emolga59

Ignore my lineup pls 💜
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Crystal Tree
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Christmas Candy
Snowstorm Scenery
What do you think? I think that Wild World wasn't really that good. Simply because of the limited amount of space, villagers and activities were pretty limited when it came to stuff you could do.

To me, I don't know. I played both and I like City Folk better. Wild World just gave off the holidays for me. ;w;

Having never played City Folk, I'll have to say Wild World.

Wild World was my introduction to Animal Crossing, and I won't ever forget it, and no matter what the improvements in future games in this series, none could match the charm of Wild World.

The villagers had a spark to them, and a more true to personality dialogue and wit.

I will always love Wild World.

Tis where I met Wolfgang. ^_^

Anyone who says yes is wrong and should feel bad because they're bad.

Lmao anyway, both games are really important to me. WW was my first animal crossing, while City Folk I altogether played more. I used to excitedly come home on friday after school and play it. Don't even get me started on the snowmen.

So yes, City Folk.

i played the heck out of WW, and i played a fair amount of CF, but for the life of me i can't really recall any specific memories of CF?? i guess WW was just more memorable for me, as i was literally always playing that one :)

I miss Wild World so much.

I miss the simplicity.

I was just thinking about Tabby in my firs town coming up to me and saying "Hey, wanna trade your old Birdwing for my awesome Birdwing?" ^_^

And Punchy and Daisy.

Daisy: "Don't drink the river water, Punchy! You don't know where it's been!"

Punchy: "Yes I do! In the river!"

Nostalgic. ^_^

Wild World was my very first but I loved the tiers in city folk + the city of course. I loved playing it on a big screen, too. It's a tough choice lol. CF is just a ported over WW but with some extra little tings. WW is the most nostalgic to me, though.

Wild World was not better, though it did have some features not in City Folk that would've been nice. However, the problem with City Folk was that it felt more like an expansion pack to Wild World than a new game, so if you played Wild World a lot, chances are you found City Folk lacking in several ways. If you played Wild World, you probably have more nostalgia for it than you do City Folk.

If you started with CF, you'll probably enjoy it more than WW due to how much was missing from WW, though WW had the much greater benefit of being portable.

Wild World was not better, though it did have some features not in City Folk that would've been nice. However, the problem with City Folk was that it felt more like an expansion pack to Wild World than a new game, so if you played Wild World a lot, chances are you found City Folk lacking in several ways. If you played Wild World, you probably have more nostalgia for it than you do City Folk.

If you started with CF, you'll probably enjoy it more than WW due to how much was missing from WW, though WW had the much greater benefit of being portable.

My son had CF after playing Wild World and he went back to Wild World within a week.

I played wild world after I played city folk. So...I didn?t play it that much. From what I played city folk was better.

I like them both equally actually. Wouldn't say however that Wild World was better than City Folk, since City Folk had more to offer overall.

I highly prefer City Folk. The graphics of Wild World are so bad I just couldn't get into the game, the game was very slow too.
I really liked City Folk, especially the city, the city's music gets me every time. I love the amount of things we can do in City Folk.

I might be biased because I played Wild World first but I think Wild World is waaay better. City Folk is pretty much Wild World plus grass deterioration minus villagers actually being interesting. The only big thing City Folk has that Wild World doesn't is the city and real-world holidays but this doesn't make up for how dull the game is otherwise in my opinion. When you talk to villagers they literally say one thing and then repeat it for the rest of the day; in Wild World they say something different every time and are much more authentic and funny. I also really enjoyed Wild World's little made-up holidays like Acorn Fest, La-Di-Day and Bright Nights.

Obviously City Folk was better graphically but I played more Wild World since it was handheld. I didn't play too much City Folk to really see all it had to offer. From my view, it seemed about the same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I might be biased because I played Wild World first but I think Wild World is waaay better. City Folk is pretty much Wild World plus grass deterioration minus villagers actually being interesting. The only big thing City Folk has that Wild World doesn't is the city and real-world holidays but this doesn't make up for how dull the game is otherwise in my opinion. When you talk to villagers they literally say one thing and then repeat it for the rest of the day; in Wild World they say something different every time and are much more authentic and funny. I also really enjoyed Wild World's little made-up holidays like Acorn Fest, La-Di-Day and Bright Nights.

LOVED Acorn Festival!!!

I prefer CF because it has more features, villagers, holidays, better graphics, easier to get a new hairstyle (which is impossible in WW now), and a better villager moving system, but I still like WW. :)

They both feel too similar, it's disgusting. The only think city folk had that wild world didn't was the city, otherwise they are identical minus the graphics. It's weird how much they didn't improve which makes it feel like a port of wild world. Especially when you can transfer data from that game to city folk.

Both were about the same for me. To be honest, there really wasn't that much difference between them. City Folk had a few new things, but other than that, same thing as Wild World, just on the wii. I never really got to play City Folk very much because my disc got scratched and it stopped working, so that's why they were the same for me.

They both were on the same level for me.

Back