Was Wild World Better Than City Folk?

Was WW Better Than CF?

• Total voters
I would have to say wild world but I haven’t played much of city folk. The characters had a lot more spark, wit and quirk in wild world than any game that came after it. Most of them weren’t as nice :D wild world is also much more nostalgic. City folk is the similar version with a few less good qualities but then again I didn’t play much of it so who am I to talk!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would have to say wild world but I haven?t played much of city folk. The characters had a lot more spark, wit and quirk in wild world than any game that came after it. Most of them weren?t as nice :D wild world is also much more nostalgic. City folk is the similar version with a few less good qualities but then again I didn?t play much of it so who am I to talk!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ugh so annoyed tbt is doing the duplicate post thing again

Personally, I think that City Folk was better than Wild World. I love the idea of the city being added, and the aspects of the whole game just seemed better than WW, minus its similarities. I know that both games are similar, but there?s something about CF that brings back so much more good memories than WW did. There were a lot of features added to CF that weren?t in WW, which made it better. I don?t think that the games are completely alike, there are obvious and great differences between them, not just being graphics, that can be seen while playing the two games separately. I definitely didn?t play as much WW as I did CF, and that?s because something about it felt more calm and relaxing, and sort of homey. I also really enjoyed every part of the city as it added so much to the game, and I loved each and every store there. Not to mention Phineas who would give out hand-held items only on bright sunny days, that was so nice and fun. I remember always changing the day for a day like that, I was always obsessed with the balloons. There was even one time I went to the city and Serena sort of woke up and started talking, but only for a few seconds. I was so surprised, I didn?t even know what was happening and I always tried to change the day and time to see if it happened again but it never did. Connecting with friends on there was great too, visiting other towns or putting stuff up for auction at the Auction House was pretty neat. Having your room featured at the HHA felt pretty nice as well. Gracie?s store was so pretty, and I remember being so obsessed with the gorgeous set and princess set that I ended up saving to buy them both rather than save for the fountain first. Oops. But the idea of the fountain at your town is so cool too, and having the chance to get a silver or golden axe through chance (and Serena?s funny dialogue about throwing axes in the fountain) was such a great feature! Just everything about it was so nice, and personally I enjoyed CF better than WW. I remember always being on CF before NL came out, and even then, I?d still play CF on top of NL because nostalgia :) (NL still my favourite though)

I didn't really play any of them a long time. I can't even remember clearly what I thought about the games but I liked both for sure. The only one I can remember playing a lot is the one for the GC and hands down NL is the best one and I got hooked!

I've read that it was, but I, myself, can't compare the two, since City Folk is the only Animal Crossing game I missed out on (besides the mobile app). I'd imagine it probably was, since City Folk had more memory and enhanced graphics than Wild World.

For me, Wild World is better. Perhaps that’s because I think Animal Crossing belongs on handheld.

Wild World. The graphics are bad but, in my opinion, beautiful in their own way. Like pixel art. Especially with the top screen being just the sky. The main thing I remember from City Folk is the horrible villager dialogue. They would say 1 line then repeat it every time you talked to them, unless you "re-instanced" by exiting their house and coming back in or something. That honestly ruined the experience for me quite a bit. Wild World's dialogue was a lot more charming.

i prefer wild world. i remember pouring countless hours into it, playing local with my little sister and our best friend at the time who almost was over every weekend just for that. despite the low quality graphics that can be quite the eyesore now, i lovingly look back to it as the nice parts of my childhood and immediately get drowned by a big wave of nostalgia and afternoons spent visiting each other, having fun and being all kinds of silly.

i didn't quite like the controls in city folk, plus it felt more isolated for me because playing local was almost impossible, and teaching some 10-sth year olds how to use wifi correctly to connect over the internet and play city folk together was ... yeah, quite impossible.

i only ever played wild world so my opinion probably doesn’t count but from what i saw of city folk, it did appear to be the better game. the main thing that did it for me were the holidays - while wild world had its own little events that were cute, the lack of main holidays such as toy day and halloween was kind of upsetting aha

City Folk is my first Animal Crossing game, it had so many features that I find Wild World lacked? While I liked Wild World I never saw it in the same way I did City Folk, that game felt so grand to me - so open, so huge, and a bustling city. I played both after the wifi thing for them went out so I don't have an opinion on that but I feel that while Wild World was good, City Folk was my favorite out of those two.

While the two games are really similar, comparing the two, I would probably have to say Wild World is the better game.

City Folk does have the edge over Wild World when it comes to the real world holidays being added back in as well as having access to the new stuff added from Wild World in the city at all times, but it does stumble a lot when it comes to villager conversations not being very fleshed out at all and unnecessary new features like the grass deterioration. It is good as a single player experience, but it does seem weirdly lacking in some areas.

Wild World is harder to go back to nowadays, especially if you're not playing the Wii U VC release where the only way to get the Nookington upgrade is to have a local friend who owns the game visit your store or via online which has since been shut down. But Wild World does have the advantage of being portable as well as the villagers in that game having a nice balance between nice and the old Gamecube rudeness. It also has the villager pics which made them really rewarding, I have no idea why they were taken out from City Folk honestly.

I remember liking Wild World much better because I thought that Animal Crossing worked much better on a handheld console like the DS rather than on the Wii (which I remember being really hard to play on, since my remotes were always really touchy and difficult to use)

i loved them both, i think they are two amazing complex games in their own right, but for different reasons.
wild world is so nostalgic for me, playing on an old school ds, the graphics etc, it excites an old school fanatic like me lmao.
let’s head to the city (as it was called for
me in the uk) gave the whole new aspect of going to the city, experiencing the shops etc.
both are great games, different strokes for different folks.

I might say WW just because I have so much nostalgia associated with that game but idk. City Folk definitely had some advantages, like multiple character houses and the fact that Nookington’s didn’t require WiFi or local connection.

Wild World for me. I couldn't continue CF because there was a glitch that stopped me from going on.

I’m going for City Folk.

the introduction of the city and its new array of NPCs made me love that game way more than I thought it would. You get to see Kicks back when he was just a lowly shoeshiner! The ABD card to go shopping at Gracie Grace! The music that plays in the city is 10/10! Plus Phineas passing out little toys. There’s so many tidbits in the city that give out so much backstory to the franchise itself. Sure the grass deterioration was a bummer, but it’s ok! I just homebrewed it anyway to refresh my grass I will never forget the interactions with the city folk. Who wouldn’t want to see the many different villagers strolling there c:

I didn't play that much at City Folk, mostly because there are very few updates since WW. Sure, there was the city, but a lot of stuff are quite similar between these two games. I played WW so much, in my opinion it was the best.

I never played city folk even though I had a wii, I just never knew about it, from the looks of it, city folk seems a lot better in terms at least fps, graphics and I'm assuming there were still mean villagers but Wild World was definitely a great portable animal crossing when standards were low for gaming! I went back to it recently and put it down immediately because the FPS is like 15-20 which is pretty unbearable at least when there is hours worth of weeding to be done which really puts me off. Both games seem great and unique in their own way :)

I can't decide which is better.

Wild World
Pros
-You can play it anywhere
-Bad hair days didn't exist yet

Cons
-Slow frame rate
-All 4 player characters share one house

City Folk
Pros
-Looks nicer in comparison
-You can go to the city
-All 4 characters get separate houses

Cons
-Do you get tired of pointing your Wii remote at the screen? I sure do! Plugging in a nunchuck only gets rid of half of this.
-You have to play it on your TV

Lol, I'm bad at this. I need more.

Back