• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Vivid memories from games you used to play?

Another memory that comes to mind was with Mario Party 4. Nobody was allowed to play as Yoshi because he was so lucky. I used to always say “he could walk in **** and come out smelling like roses.” Good times, lol.

Another memory I had was playing hockey on Mario All Stars. I used to always choose Bowser and dominate. Although, I prefer the hockey games with NHL licensing. I preferred playing with actual teams.

Another memory that comes to mind was with Mario Party 4. Nobody was allowed to play as Yoshi because he was so lucky. I used to always say “he could walk in **** and come out smelling like roses.” Good times, lol.

Another memory I had was playing hockey on Mario All Stars. I used to always choose Bowser and dominate. Although, I prefer the hockey games with NHL licensing. I preferred playing with actual teams.
Do you mean Mario Sports Mix? I remember playing that and still do ITS THE BEST! If your not talking about Sports Mix I want to hear more because if I dont have it might mean a fun new experience! <3

Do you mean Mario Sports Mix? I remember playing that and still do ITS THE BEST! If your not talking about Sports Mix I want to hear more because if I dont have it might mean a fun new experience! <3
I meant the Sports Mix game. I forgot what it was called and apparently I made up a name, lol.

Crazy Taxi on the Sega Dreamcast 💖 that game was ridiculously fun and addicting, I was pretty bad at it though, constantly crashing, but it was hilarious listening to pedestrians scream and how happy were they I got them to their destination despite all that collateral damage?? 😂

Soul Calibur on the Sega Dreamcast 💖 me and my cousins played it a whole bunch. Another game I was bad at, but it was still so much fun and I loved all the fighters, and that OST was and still is so amazing.

Spyro the Dragon trilogy on the PS1 💖 so happy the Reignited Trilogy is a thing to relive all the fun memories. It's one of the games that got me hooked on open world collect-a-thons, much like Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie and Super Mario 64

Dino Crisis on the PS1 💖 it's a special type of magic staying up real late at night playing a survial horror game. One of my first rated M games

Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES 💖 lots of fun, plain and simple. I'm glad they re-released on the Wii for the 25th Mario Anniverssary.

Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 on the SNES 💖 it was much different than anything I had ever played. It was really fun, and what a phenomenal soundtrack....still to this day 🥰

Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 💖 yo this game was funnnn

Buckle up, cause I have a few :'D

I spent a lot of my childhood glued to my PS1.

I had a game called Popstar Maker I was obsessed with. But no matter how hard I tried, I could only ever get my group into one other country other than the starting one. I spent hours, literal hours in the music studio making the songs cause that was my favourite part. I remember my first few bands going horribly bankrupt cause I didn't understand how much of my money I was putting into marketing etc.

I also had a game called Ridge Racer I loved, I was convinced that I would be the first female F1 driver. I loved that game so much. There was a mini game at the beginning which was Galaga, and if you got rid of all the spaceships before it disappeared, you unlocked more cars. Also, if you did something specific with one of the races, you unlocked the chance to get the 'Devil Car' which you had to overtake, along with your rival in the TT mode I think it was. I never could overtake it and I was gutted.

I also had Bust a Move 2, and 4 (Arcade Edition). Bust a Move 2 took me ages to get past Woolen, the pink sheep lady at level 3. I cursed the game so much, and Woolen. I always used to say to myself, 'does your mum know how mean you are?' :'D I finally beat her and got stuck on someone else, but finally made it to the end. In Bust a Move 4, I had such a crush on Marino, it was bad. Then I found out that if you beat the Bust a Move 2 characters in the Challenge mode, you could play as them, it was also the first time I knew Woolen's name, and she wasn't just 'The Pink Lady' anymore :'D

One time I tried to let one of my moms play Mario Kart Wii. I had her try Toad’s Factory and she drove backwards for three minutes. I remember staying in first wondering how that was even possible.

While I’ve never played the game in multiplayer I still have positive memories of Starbound. The first time the orchestra kicked in on the first world blew me away. It was the first time since The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword that a game soundtrack gave me goosebumps.

When I was a kid I had no idea how to save games manually. If a game didn’t have auto save I’d turn the game off and lose everything. Because of this I played the first several hours of Pokémon HeartGold over and over. I’d try different starters and marathon the game until I inevitably got stuck at Whitney. What a great game…

I remember when I played a Harvest Moon game for the DS, my in-game dog attacked the in-game mayor and I didn't help... And then the credits started rolling. I was laughing so much. 😂

I also remember myself laughing manicacally as I was hitting people with my car in GTA V. I think I'm starting to notice a pattern here. :unsure:

not an actual game, in a sense that it’s on a console, but i have vivid memories of playing a spongebob level making flash game (like mario maker) on nick.com. also i remember playing another game around 2010-2012 which you could stack ingredients together to make a hamburger which i think was papa’s burgeria. i don’t know because i only remember that part but it was either some krabby patty cooking game or papa’s burgeria. also remember playing spongebob diner dash, as you could see i was kind of obsessed with spongebob lol. i miss that game 😢

but the most vivid game from my childhood that i remember was roblox. i started plying when i was around 10 or 11, before the game became complete crap. i loved role playing games like roblox high school and redwood prison, i used to play those games all the time with my brother. i also played habbo hotel for a bit in around 2016, but this was after it was dead so it was kind of boring. i still log on into roblox and habbo sometimes, i met some guy from sweden on habbo in 2020 who i still log on to chat with periodically.

Last edited:
I think me and my sister had quite "good memories" of Harvest Moon alot we had played "Back to Nature" back in the past alot and now we're playing newer Harvest Moons/Story of Seasons games now too!!!! So far my favorite are the Rune Factory (Fantasy Harvest Moon) ones which are still one of our childhood games!!!! The story of seasons I like most so far from the SoS - Friends of Mineral and Friends and "Story of Seasons - Pioneers of Olive town" is "Story of Seasons - Pioneers of Olive town!!!!" For Rune Factory its "Rune Factory Frontier!!!!" I remembered back in the day we used to listen to music and play these games like some music we were listening to was "Panic! at the disco, Fall out boy and My chemical Romance!!!!" (specifically helena) We were both playing the game and "everyone liked me in the game and also I liked to see their videos so I cheated and got everyone to crush on me in the game and Karen was the first lonely girl to come to me in the game!!!! (i mean crush-like) And then on the Chocolates Holiday much like "Valentine's Day" all the girls started to walk in your backyard all together and Karen gave you a "BITTEN CHOCOLATE BAR HUGE half bitten" and me and "my sister" was laughing SO HARD!!!! And we couldn't stop and that every girl one after another were like lined up.... Do they see each other there? I should've gotten a bad comment for leading on too many girls at once!!!! And they just kept coming up one after another until all of them gave you gifts and it was hilarious!!!! I feel kind of sorry though because I only wanted Ellie at the time.... Now I have Ann in my new game!!!! I'm pretty much a big cheater!!!! (playboy) And I tried to attack my animals once.... That was fun cause in one of the games "they flip out or get mad!!!! Lol." I tried it on the people and me and my sister "were so disappointed we thought it would do something...." But, anyways from my memories we had alot to say like "the cooking competition had a little cook-off thingie and Karen's doesn't even LOOK EDIBLE and its ALL BLACK and BURNT and she STILL put it on the table!!!! And he still put it in the contest!!!! (or he allowed it to) And I loved how in the "pot event" they said "They hoped Karen didn't put chocolate in it this year" I thought their mom proclaimed.... And I think she did cause we got the horrible result!!!! Lol, I put a POISON MUSHROOM and my sister was like "are you serious????" I said "what????" She said "those mushrooms are poisonous you know? Have you been touching those?" (in real life) And there were other weird things aswell like we made fun of how "showing Popuri bunnies" is something somebody said that makes Popuri like you.... Those were some of our memories we had and i'm glad I played this game at 10 years old!!!! It was really fun....⭐🐼⭐

When I was a kid I remember my mom playing SNES with me when we were trying to beat Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. She was such a great player. I had trouble with the final boss and when I told my mom to take care of him she defeated it! I was so happy and proud! Nowadays she doesn't play games anymore, but she still has that memory of the SNES.

I played Ourworld from its release in 2008 till it was shut down just in 2021.

I saved my money and got fiend eyes at level 30 or so, after 2 years of playing. I had many 'breaks' from the game but checked my account every so often and see what rare clothes were available. In 2018 I was at home a lot and played Ourworld all day everyday. I reached level 150 and owned over 3000 rares or super rares.

After I rejoined in 2018 I noticed how many players had clicks, and picked on noobs. So I started a crew named 'No Bully Zone'. I had like 70 members and gifted people for joining. I welcomed people in the crew, of all levels and they posted their name, age, and thanks for the friendly vibe. However, players would mock this crew, like I would enter a condo and everyone would start picking on me, or my crewmates (those dang OWGods) which caused crew members to report the alleged bullies.
My actual personal account got banned for a week. And the mods deleted my crew. Apparently they received hundreds of reports from players in my crew. So I kind of see how this was my fault, but I had good intentions, why ban my personal account? Delete the crew sure, but it was my 1st strike so w.e (Apparently we only got 3 strikes)

So then I made a discord for the game, and had around 170 members in it. The discord was fun, I made friends and had loads of nerdy fun. One time, me and a few others found a girl at the Pier, went to her condo, and posted the eye ball decal like allllll over her place, it was freaky! And hilarious.. I gave items away that people (noobs) would have no chance in earning. (Unless they spent real $$)

I bought yearly memberships, played poker with all the regulars, and bought multiples of every rares, collected and sold at peak prices.
Ooh!! And fashion shows. I would host fashion shows for other collectors, usually 10-20 contestants in my condo. And i would give 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes
(most people gave 1 prize)

It was my escape from so much in my life. I met someone I cared for deep,y in the poker room, I traveled over 3000 miles to meet him and then back again 3 times, he visited me too and we dated for 3 years. Him and I also met another friend we met on the game. He took me to his hometown in Florida USA, we saw the hockey team Lightenings, went scalloping on his church buddies boat, and also went to busch gardens. I showed him basically all of British Columbia Canada, from the goats-on-the-roof ice cream shop on Vancouver Island, to Canada's highest suspension bridge in the rockies. Then COVID, and we simply grew apart. Also Ourworld shut down :cry:

I am kind of happy it's not a thing anymore because I spent like a chunk of my life on it, even while I slept I'd keep it on.
But while typing this out I can feel the equity I could have had in all my rares if they were still there...

My friend and I were playing Fallout 3 and at some point this guy randomly runs up to you telling you that raiders strapped him with explosives and to help him. There was an option to attempt to disarm it so we did. The dialogue immediately ended with him running away and we thought we saved him. That was until he blew up a couple of seconds later and his body was scattered everywhere. Funniest **** ever LOL.

Last edited:
I mostly played pokemon games growing up. I think my best memories was with crystal and sapphire. With crystal I discovered you can evolve Growlithe and I showed my friend on a snowday day at recess. They had no idea you could and they were the one to teach me about pokemon to begin with lol. That was when pokemon and video games wasn't banned from our school yet. I feel like part of the fun with crystal is that those of us who played the game at my school didn't have those walkthrough books for the game. Also most of us only got a couple of new games a year if you were lucky so we had plenty of time to comb through them.

@Croconaw I am not sure if what your looking for is PokeOne but it is still something similar to what you described and worth checking out. It use to be called something else and was on a different game engine. Their goal now is to get all regions and all pokemon into the game. They also have fun trainer customization through random gift boxes. Up to 3 players.

I remember playing a Playmobil PC game about a knight. It might have been Hype the Time Quest, at least that’s the only similar game I could find. My only memory is riding a horse through a castle. I do remember I had loads of fun playing the game, though.

I faintly remember another PC game. I don’t really know what the game was about. I just remember ufos and aliens. It might have been something similar to Space Invaders, but with slightly better graphics?

When it comes to clearly remembering games, I loved Pixel Chix on the computer (it was a browser game, but still). I remember playing a game about horses with my sister (it was called „Mein Gestüt“). And I remember a ton of different Wii and DS games I used to play with my cousins. I don’t think one specifically stands out.

I actually have 2 memories to share.

Dark Cloud - My all time favorite PS2 game. Now when I first got it I kept dying super fast to the first boss and it was making me so mad that I almost returned it to GameStop, but I looked up the shop cheat to give the glitched dagger item for the weapon upgrade and then I proceeded to destroy everything in sight and finally got to complete the game…sad that I had to cheat to do it but over all I love that game.

Inuyasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask - Very good Inuyasha RPG. Loved the art style and the voice acting even had the voices from the anime. Anyway I loved playing it multiple time to get all the cut scenes with the characters and even played the run where you can get the Sesshomaru ending and with him being my favorite I loved every minute of the countless hours that game took from me.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: You have no idea the hours of enjoyment that game gave me. I remember i used to believe all the internet rumors tht come along with that game. Hours trying to unlock inexistent characters… xD

I have so many gaming related memories that it's hard to choose which one. I recall the very first time I played Bioshock on the X360 and being so in awe with the look of the game and wondering what was going to happen in the story. It's one of those games that I wish I can forget so I can relive it all over again.

One memory that sticks out too is when I first got a PS2 and my parents got me Kingdom Hearts. I put in so many hours of the game on the first day, only to realize that I didn't buy a memory card and I couldn't just leave my PS2 on for so long so I had to turn it off and start all over again after I got a memory card!

My favorite memory from a game a long time ago was definitely defeating the final boss in Dragon Quest 8, tons of fun!

I remember that my first Mario game was New Super Mario Bros Wii! I got stuck on the world 3 castle for the longest time but somehow found the cannon in world 1 that skips you to world 5. I just played the rest of the game from there and never finished world 3. I didn't even know what world 4 looked like for years until I finally went back to beat world 3. It also took me 9 years of playing on and off to beat Bowser in world 9.

I also used to play this game with my dad a lot. We would mostly throw each other into pits and throw shells at each other though lol. My mom still remembers hearing us get mad at each other to this day.

Back