• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Vivid memories from games you used to play?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I’ve played quite a few games in the past, but there was one that jumps out at me. I don’t remember much about it, honestly, but it was honestly one of the most entertaining games for me. I believe it was called Pokémon MMORPG. It was basically the original game, but it was on the computer. You were in a region with other trainers (real people) and you could chat, battle or trade with them. I absolutely loved the concept that you could interact with other trainers in the same region. It was so addicting to me. This was a PC game and I had it downloaded on my computer. I’ve had vivid memories of it a few years ago, and I couldn’t find anything about it. I figured it was a thing of the past.

This game was at least ten years old, but I’m not sure of the exact number. I just loved the concept. I loved that it included all of the regions and it was so interactive. I have vivid memories of this game and I’ve looked it up several years ago, but found nothing. Do you have similar memories, maybe not of this particular game, but from any game you used to play?

Also, if anyone knows what game I’m talking about, please let me know. I had so much fun with it that I wonder if anyone else played the game. I managed to find similar ones, but none were the exact game.

Last edited:
Actually i think I played that exact same game! I went around catching, and leveling up my Pokemon! I played it for hours, and got alot of my friends into it as well

I can't remember what it was called though.
-
Well I can think of a few games
-
I think the game with the most vivid memories is by far Neopets if that counts! I was completely addicted, Id play for hours, I mostly spent my time playing the games till my eyes hurt

I was really addicted to the comics, and read those over, and over again. My favorite was this pirate one. It kinda got me into how I draw mini comics today, parts of my AC story are in comic form.

I had magazines, toys, and even made a drawing book for my grandma 🙄 It really carried into parts of my adulthood, and i still try to check on all my pets. I have many Xweetok ♡ My favorite being Ryyk

Much like animal crossing, I have back stories, and write ups for each of my pets, and how they all know each other. Also relationships towards each other. also like AC, Ive got a huge story with them
--
Another game was Webkins, where you bought a toy, and it came with a code, and let me tell you, I spent alot of money on those, and my bed was partially stuffed toys that i basically slept on.

I bought them, and played that game so often, I still have all my Webkins downstairs, because my sister, and I refuse to sell them

Special thing, is that pretty much all of my friends played it, and I have alot of fond memories about it. One where I set a frog on a raft while I was camping and sent it out into a lake 😭 I did get it back, but I never took Hoppy out of the house after that.

The last time I played, I was revisiting, and discovered how different it was, and that I could get a pet, where I got a rainbow snail that resbeled the snail from Turbo, so I named him Ryan Reynolds 🙄
--
Third was my biggest obsession, Bella Sara, and that was huge. Not many people probably know about it, but its a game where you buy trading cards of horses, that have codes that you scan in to get a horse online.

Anything from a land, flying, and marine horse, I had all and still do. Each card also had a unique saying, or quote, which was really cool. I still have my entire binder of these cards, two i have on my bilboard because of their quotes.

Each card pack had a different theme with different horses centered around it, my favorite was a Native Lights pack, where all the horses were named after native tribes, and had animal companions

But one reason this one impacted me so hard was because if this mini game that let you animate, design, and make your own movie, and that is what got me into animation.

It kinda went sideways now, but it still is close to me. Id check in if i could.
-
Then there was Warcraft. Which me and my best friend were addicted too, which surprised alot of people

This game I was so adicted too, and I played it well after graduation, playing it for hours, days, one night I had to stay up all night, and played that

My sister was addicted too, she and me had a friendly rivalry when we played it. I even played it so hard just to unlock enough loyalty with different tribe, so that I could ride wolves

One of my best memories was getting lost, and stuck in a level 50 area thinking I could tame a dinosaur at level 20. I just dodged everything, but oh my god, was that not the worst situation to be in.

Me and my pet, I think it was a lion or Raptor (I also had a sea gull) We didn't last long till someone helped us escape. But if I wasn't so low on cash, Id still play it
--
Then there was arguably my worst one, just because I was aweful to my guests, and that was zoo Tycoon! Because I love animals, and that was heaven.

I actually still play the second one now and then, with a dino on the loose.

But on the old one, me and my friend would make a perfect zoo, then block the entrance and free all the carnivors. ah yes. It was very fun.

I did play it properly sometimes, but I mostly enjoyed freeing the animals. On my current game, I have one dinosaur not in its pen, and it just walks around, perfectly happy. The guests don't like it.
--
My first game cube game was Spyro which I played, till I got to an alien level and got too scared to ever play it again. But I speed run my favorite Game Cube games sometimes on my retro TV in my room.
--
Ok im done, sorry i got passionate 🙃

Last edited:
probably the goron mines from LOZ TP, it just really stuck in my child brain for some reason, maybe the trippy lava ?

i used to play this virtual online game called animal jam. it was a lot like club penguin. i played that game everyday for years, so i really remember getting excited for the specific seasonal events that would come about.

read dead 1s ending. i replayed this one multiple times when i was younger and it was the first story heavy game i ever went through, so the emotional scenes really stuck out.

gears of war 4s gore. me and my brother would play co-op and just run around sawing aliens in half. i had never seen monster guts before so,, yep that's another vivid memory.

wario land 3, the gameboy color game not the mario land part 3 one.

i remember being stuck on a certain stage for ages before i got a friend to help me and eventually clearing it all aha.

also basically any pokemon game i ever played :3

Webkinz was my favorite online game, I loved designing the rooms of my virtual Webkinz pets and playing with them online. I also enjoyed playing games at the arcade like Pizza Palace and Hungry Hog.

As for the Pokemon games, I have fond memories of playing in the Underground in Pearl and Platinum. I also enjoyed HG/SS for its vast amount of content.

I remember when I was in middle school, me and a couple of friends would go to the computer lab instead of trying to go outside with the rest of the kids and we would play pretty much any flash game we could get ahold of and also the web demo of Minecraft (feel old there lol.)

My main memories of those days are one game I believe called Scuba, were you were a scuba diver/astronaut kind of guy who was stuck on some alien planet. It was pretty heavily inspired by minecraft and terraria, and me and my friends would play on that until it was time to go, it was really fun but none of us ever got particularly far.
With the minecraft demo though it lasted about 30 minutes and that was as long as we had in the computer lab so we would hold a lil contest to see who could get to bed rock without dying after starting on a mountain. We would have a day to prep for it, and then after the sun came up you had to be on a mountain and it was time to start digging down. I don't really ever recall any of us actually making it far enough down to hit bedrock but it was really fun either way.

Also the standard memories of things like webkinz with my older sister, fusion fall, that one weird nickolodean RPG thing they use have (I cannot for the life of me remember what it was actually called) and other various flash games on disney, cartoon network and nick. I remember one game my older sister would play just so I would stop watching her was a flash game on Nick called 'black licorice.'
Also a Total Drama Island RPG flash game thing? I don't remember exactly how that went but I remember a character creator thing in the TDI style, that's probably long gone.

Webkinz was my favorite online game, I loved designing the rooms of my virtual Webkinz pets and playing with them online.
I also have very fond memories of Webkinz! Unfortunately someone I thought I was my friend logged into my account and somehow deleted it. I couldn’t access it since. She looked over my shoulder to see my password. I was devastated. I haven’t played it since. The memories were fun while they lasted, though.

Over the Hedge for the PlayStation 2 (? I think) was the first campaign game I ever played to the end.

I also vividly remember playing Pokémon Gold and not finishing that. Honestly, the time I played that game felt endless to me. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get rid of Snorlax, I remember not processing any of the story.

I have lots of fond, vivid memories of the MMORPG Mabinogi. I used to play it for hours on end every single day back in high school. It's still around and I still have my account, but I haven't played in several years. None of my friends play anymore, and I just don't have the time to keep up with events and the like. It just wouldn't be the same. Ahh, those really were the days, though!

i actually have lots of vivid memories from games i used to play, the games ranging from my old DS games to games i would play online. i have more memories of the latter, though, habbo hotel in particular.

despite the fact that i wasn’t supposed to be on it as i was under the age of 13, habbo hotel was one of my favourite games/online platforms for a long time and i have tonnes of memories from it. i frequently played different games with other users such as dressing up to fit certain themes, musical chairs, trivia, etc. there were also a bunch of rooms for roleplaying purposes; a hospital (my favourite lol), restaurants, adoption centres, audition rooms for shows such as america’s got talent, and so much more. the energy on that site was honestly unmatched with how chaotic it was, and i loved it. there were several times that i pulled all-nighters just so i could keep playing lol. i even had a few friends on there — this was of course years ago, and i have no idea who they are irl, but i still sometimes think about them and wonder how they’re doing. :’)

i eventually moved over to retros (different versions of the game) as they offered features and currency that you’d have to pay for on the original site for free, or offered stuff that the original site didn’t even have. i remember one that had a bunch of different egg furniture (pokemon eggs, randomly coloured eggs, etc) that i loved collecting. i can’t remember which retro it was, sadly, but that one was definitely my favourite.
the eggs looked like this and came in various different designs.
2F2EC2EC-E387-46AA-9A9D-447B51763751.png

I played this one game called frogger for the gameboy advanced when I was little. I also had a finding nemo game and some veggie tales game that was like the cucumber larry character as a superhero lmao

There was this one game I played when I was younger that I vaguely remember. I think it was a computer game that was either about the pilgrims or general American history. I think it was made 90s to early 00s because from what I remember the graphics look very aged. All I really remember is one part where you planted corn and you put fish on it. I remember vividly the squelchy noise it made. I have been unsuccessfully searching for the name of this game for months 🤣

I have too many to count to be honest, but one of my most vivid memories from playing video games was when I was younger. There were four of us playing Ribbit King for the GameCube and it was chaotic as heck, lmao. I remember winning in the end, but it definitely wasn’t easy. Also rip to the one person who kept sending their frog off the stage on accident. :LOL:

There was this game called the Clumsy's (or something like that) on Shockwave games, and I have a vivid memory of the grandpa (the main character) and all the inventions he would build. I remember the random noises the kid's would make when you would find them and their laughs too.

I’ve played quite a few games in the past, but there was one that jumps out at me. I don’t remember much about it, honestly, but it was honestly one of the most entertaining games for me. I believe it was called Pokémon MMORPG. It was basically the original game, but it was on the computer. You were in a region with other trainers (real people) and you could chat, battle or trade with them. I absolutely loved the concept that you could interact with other trainers in the same region. It was so addicting to me. This was a PC game and I had it downloaded on my computer. I’ve had vivid memories of it a few years ago, and I couldn’t find anything about it. I figured it was a thing of the past.

This game was at least ten years old, but I’m not sure of the exact number. I just loved the concept. I loved that it included all of the regions and it was so interactive. I have vivid memories of this game and I’ve looked it up several years ago, but found nothing. Do you have similar memories, maybe not of this particular game, but from any game you used to play?

Also, if anyone knows what game I’m talking about, please let me know. I had so much fun with it that I wonder if anyone else played the game. I managed to find similar ones, but none were the exact game.
I believe there have been a number of fan-made Pokémon MMORPG attempts over the years, so this may not be the same one. But I think the one I'm thinking of was simply titled Pokémon Online. It was made in the Gen III sprite style, and despite being a downloadable client, it played a bit more like a browser game, with arrows on the side that controlled movement which felt like navigating a web page more than it did controlling a game. It was a little slow and the server was too crowded for my liking. Unfortunately, I do believe it was taken down by Nintendo after some time, so it's not longer available for download or play. C'est la vie, I suppose.

I believe there have been a number of fan-made Pokémon MMORPG attempts over the years, so this may not be the same one. But I think the one I'm thinking of was simply titled Pokémon Online. It was made in the Gen III sprite style, and despite being a downloadable client, it played a bit more like a browser game, with arrows on the side that controlled movement which felt like navigating a web page more than it did controlling a game. It was a little slow and the server was too crowded for my liking. Unfortunately, I do believe it was taken down by Nintendo after some time, so it's not longer available for download or play. C'est la vie, I suppose.
I’m pretty sure that’s the one. It was Gen III art style. I was addicted to that game. What a shame it was taken town. That explains why it just disappeared.

I’m pretty sure that’s the one. It was Gen III art style. I was addicted to that game. What a shame it was taken town. That explains why it just disappeared.
Indeed, disappointing but not unexpected. The project just sort of came and then when it was taken down, it was almost like it never existed in the first place. I might still have an old .exe on one of my older computers, assuming it still works. It might be interesting to see if it still launches anything at all.

I was just thinking of this earlier, but I remember playing a Winnie the Pooh game on PS1 when I was prob 4 or so years old, it was one of those early childhood / educational games but I absolutely loved it. I can't even remember what it was called but I'm sure a quick google search could find it.

oh okay it was called Winnie the Pooh Kindergarten. looking at the screenshots brings back so many memories lol

Ohhhohoho man, my most vivid memory from playing SNES as a 6 year old was that NO ONE was allowed to be the Bulls because EVERYONE wanted to be the Bulls. I always played the Pistons, because that the team I gew up with (and Isaiah Thomas was great in that game). My husband and I still have regular matches, and I still always pick the Pistons. ❤

Mario Power Tennis! I remember getting so close to getting all the cups! Daisy + Peach/Luigi were always my faves! I remember not linking singles because Daisy didn't "have any friends to play with." I need to boot it up again!! AMAZING game.

Back