Unpopular gaming opinions

This is the /unpopular/ opinion thread and I stated my opinion. You're adding invisible subtext to my post that was never there. I never said that it doesn't make them "real gamers", I said I believed a majority were actually not very good if you were to compare them to the male population. If the spread is truly 50/50 as the person above claims, then my opinion is pretty valid. That's not to say that ALL FEMALE GAMERS are bad. I don't know where you came up with the idea that I said only females are casual. Males are casual too if they play casual games. In my world and others around me, it's divided between casual and hardcore regardless of gender. I'm not 15, I've been part of the gaming community for many years both casually and crazy hardcore (talking over a decade) and I formed my opinion based on what I have seen. It's never divided by the sexes, just by skill. I just noted that in the vast amount of female players I've encountered I haven't seen as many skilled girls as I have boys. (Btw, Typically only people that actually are terrible pull out the "oh girls can't play games, get in the kitchen")

I wasn't pulling anything out of your argument necessarily, I was commenting on the general argument brought up. I thought this was a thread where you could discuss the opinions after they were stated and I wasn't attacking you at all, I was merely explaining what I believe to be an equally unpopular opinion of female gamers as well, which sits at the opposite of yours. I never said you said all females were casual, I said that was part of the argument, that it's always brought up in junction to females being gamers. I didn't mean for you to take it an offensive or personal way. I didn't feel that my reply attacked you in any way but it's the internet and words aren't really conveyed easily through here.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I was offended or upset or anything. I was more so expanding and explaining my opinion because it felt like you misunderstood me haha. No harm done, I like discussing things. :)

Don't worry, I was offended or upset or anything. I was more so expanding and explaining my opinion because it felt like you misunderstood me haha. No harm done, I like discussing things. :)

I'm glad Minties, because I didn't want to come across as angry at you or anything, it's just a common type of thing I always read online and it always baffles me. On one hand I understand partially what you mean about the demographic, I guess because I've always been surrounded by people who didn't enforce the stereotypical gender roles or exclude females from playing, as we all played in one big group back in my school days, it never really occurred to me that reality was different in any way, at least on a grander scheme.

Last edited:
Apparently this is an unpopular gaming opinion to a lot of people, but I guess maybe not to others on here. Anyways...

I think Nintendo is the best gaming company out there. They do honestly make the best games. Their ideas are so fresh and unique and it always really angers me that people say they make games for "kids". Like... Their games are aimed at for ALL audiences! I know so many fans of Nintendo of all ages.

What I do find ridiculous though is how people will moan about how Nintendo always stick to the same formula when making games. Like, people complain about how Nintendo have made so many Mario games. Well, the reason they have is because it's selling well and people enjoy it?! So why would they not carry on making more? And it's not like other game companies aren't guilty of this. I can name a few examples off of the top of my head. Like Final Fantasy. Admittedly they do change up the characters and etc but still, it is like the same sort of thing over and over. :\ I do like Final Fantasy by the way, I'm just stating an example. It's so utterly ridiculous.

And really if people think I am childish for enjoying Nintendo games, then so be it. They are the games that I find the most fun and enjoyable. And if they want to carry on playing their same old generic shooter games, then fine by me. They all look the same anyway. At least Nintendo are making new and unique games that aren't like anything else (eg: Splatoon!).

They stick to the same formula because they cater to an audience that mostly doesn't care about technical aspects of a game. They just aim to make a game that's fun, it doesn't matter if it's the same or different.

Meanwhile something like CoD gets called out for it because those games are aimed towards an older audience that know they're being milked for their money.

If you enjoy Nintendo games then that's good, I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
not really an unpopular opinion in gaming but more on the SJ side - i ****ing hate anita and i hate liberal feminists praising her. she's a con. she's a thief. and worst of all she's very racist. (tweeted that she thinks races separated classrooms help)

honestly I do think there's a lot of SJ things that could be discussed within gaming. but please put someone who actually play games in.

They stick to the same formula because they cater to an audience that mostly doesn't care about technical aspects of a game. They just aim to make a game that's fun, it doesn't matter if it's the same or different.

Meanwhile something like CoD gets called out for it because those games are aimed towards an older audience that know they're being milked for their money.

If you enjoy Nintendo games then that's good, I don't have a problem with it.

This technical aspect can be dangerous however if they keep sticking to it and try and do new, and more advanced games than, say platformers like Mario or Pok?mon and not updating how they are going to make the controls and the maneuver of the game itself. If you want to make a more advanced RPG than Pok?mon you can't stick to old button combinations and suppose the camera and controls to be alright. Which is kinda fun because they tend to stick to the same children/family audience too (with a few exceptions like Senran Kagura and SMT games like I mentioned earlier).

As for CoD yeah it's a economic cow they can milk because they have their audience and people will buy it and most ages can enjoy it for different reasons. I can enjoy part of the game series if multiplayer, but I wouldn't buy it for single-player.

If people enjoy whatever company and games, fine but they are gonna get complaints, that's life.

Back