• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Gaming Grove - Closed!

Hey @Mairmalade
will I still be eligible for tickets if I am directly speculating in-game(I know this session isn't being streamed) and have screenshot proof of doing so?
I was a single minute late to join the race and it's already packed
unless a spot frees up in the race then I don't think I can join today and this was the only other session I could go to this week for my two sessions worth of a submission for tickets and I don't have discord to speculate any streamed sessions so then I only have one session this week to submit :(
I see you made it in fine, so we're good!
Is it too late to join MK for the session happening now? I don't think I can join Saturday.
A bit late to this, but it's not too late! You're welcome to join still!

Last edited:
Thank you for joining in for some Mario Kart 8! 💜

The list of participants for the Wednesday, August 31st session at 5:00 PM FT session is in the spoiler tag below:

Please let me know if I've missed you. Have a good one! :)
hey mar!! do you think I can get a screenshot of the first mk8 session from today when it was messing up please?

Hey @Mairmalade
will I still be eligible for tickets if I am directly speculating in-game(I know this session isn't being streamed) and have screenshot proof of doing so?
I was a single minute late to join the race and it's already packed
unless a spot frees up in the race then I don't think I can join today and this was the only other session I could go to this week for my two sessions worth of a submission for tickets and I don't have discord to speculate any streamed sessions so then I only have one session this week to submit :(
I see from @Mairmalade's response that you did eventually get into the game. However, I just want to clarify that spectating an unstreamed session in-game does not earn tickets.

I completely forgot about tonight's Mario Kart! 😵
Gotta sign up for a new session and make sure I set an alarm this time 🥲

TBT username: Rio_
In-game name: Rio
Switch code: SW-5093-8793-0612

Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSaturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 1:00 PM FTMairmalade (mar)

TBT username: Venn
In-game name: Venn
Switch code: SW-0352-6128-5525

Session(s):

Will there not be any more streamed sessions? I wasn't able to watch on the 28th, although I did see SMS the day prior. I didn't realise that there are only 3 streams for this week.

Will there not be any more streamed sessions? I wasn't able to watch on the 28th, although I did see SMS the day prior. I didn't realise that there are only 3 streams for this week.
There may be one or two sessions added for this weekend, but this is not set in stone and I wouldn't recommend that anyone rely on them happening. Spectating is not intended to be a replacement for participating in the gaming sessions; the only reason we are offering tickets for spectating is because we knew that our personal schedules were going to be too busy to realistically host enough sessions to support everyone this year. (Actually, this event almost didn't happen this year for this very reason!)

If there are any sessions added for this weekend then they will be announced sometime Friday morn/afternoon FT. In the event that does not happen, then I would encourage that anyone still looking to complete the requirements for this event to participate in @Mairmalade's sessions hosted on Saturday. Details are below:

Game​
Session​
Host​
Kirby's Dream BuffetSaturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 3:00 PM FTMairmalade (mar)

I slept through the Dream Buffet session that happened when the event first started, so I might try to join the one that’s happening tomorrow!

I spectated in two sessions last week, but I want to let you guys know that my discord username (Green Turtle Shell) is different from the one on here. Should I specify that in my submissions thread?

Edit: Here's the post that I'm talking about.

Last edited:
The Gaming Grove Announcement

We have decided to extend Round 2 to Sunday, September 4th @ 7pm FT.

The following sessions have been added across September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th 2022:

GameSessionHost
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Friday, September 2nd 2022 @ 10:00PM FTLaBelleFleur (Kaitlin)
Mario Party Superstars📹 Saturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 8:00PM FTLaBelleFleur (Kaitlin)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Saturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 10:00PM FTLaBelleFleur (Kaitlin)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Sunday, September 4th 2022 @ 12:00PM FTLaBelleFleur (Kaitlin)

Please note that submission posts must be in by 7pm FT on Sunday September 4th 2022.
NB: I need to go out shortly, date night with my partner, so there may be some inconsistencies across the calendar and tracker until I have the time to update it tomorrow.

I see mario party 👀

TBT username: Ionic Karma
In-game name: Karma
Switch code: 4983-2347-1891

Session(s): Mario Party Superstars | Saturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 8:00PM FT

TBT username: ~Kilza~
In-game name: ~Kilza~
Switch code: (removed in edit)
Session(s): All remaining MK8D sessions, Mario Party Superstars tomorrow (though if 3 people who haven't played yet sign up, then they can take priority over me)

Last edited:
oooh, thank you for adding more sessions + extending round 2! i’d absolutely love to play mario party again, but i’d be happy to spectate instead if others who haven’t played yet would like a shot! ☺️

tbt username: xara
in-game name: xara
switch code: 5828-1185-2016
session: mario party superstars - saturday, september 3rd 2022 @ 8pm FT

TBT username: themysterybidder
In-game name: Jenny
Switch code: SW-8113-5873-2420
Session(s): Sunday, September 4 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 12pm

Are these for people who are still looking for sessions? Or can you still join these for fun?
I already completed my two weeks worth of tickets and got the maximum amount of tickets from the Gaming Grove so does this mean I can't join?
because all the MK8D sessions have a really great time for me and I'd like to play for fun if there's plenty of room so I'm not hogging slots for people

Back