• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Unpopular gaming opinions

(Yeah MLP is boring)

I hate MK8 mostly because they made it so obviously child-friendly and massacred all the retro tracks :( And the stupid DLC, nope.

Noo a MK8 hater! I actually never knew that they existed...

Haha, I played pretty everything of it I could sometime last year. And that they transmutated N64 rainbow road and yoshi valley the way they did made it pointless to even do those courses. And driving on the ceiling is not cool.

Haha, I played pretty everything of it I could sometime last year. And that they transmutated N64 rainbow road and yoshi valley the way they did made it pointless to even do those courses. And driving on the ceiling is not cool.

Nahh the anti-gravity does not really make the wow effect for me at all, i just like the mechanics and i think it is fun! It changes more in comparison to older installments than it did add to the gameplay. Or maybe i should call it tweaking... dunno

Yeah tweaking it is, haha. Still a bad game, I will never forgive them for altering those two tracks I mentioned :mad:

I don't really like amiibos. I really dislike that they are becoming more important in the newer games.

I don't really like amiibos. I really dislike that they are becoming more important in the newer games.

They are trying to make amiibo more valuable by that so that people think that a amiibo actually does something in a game.

I like some of them like the Rosalina game, but I'd rather collect them as game figures rather than play with them.

All these amiibo, skylanders, infinity or whatever is just poop tbh

Yea, I'm not really a big fan of amiibos either. I know they make a lot of money and kids like them, but as an adult I don't want to have to buy a toy to enjoy parts of a game I couldn't otherwise enjoy without buying it. So far their integration hasn't been too intrusive but I'm concerned they'll have a major impact on games like Splatoon, Zelda Wii U, and Animal Crossing, whenever that gets released.

Playing Call of Duty doesn't automatically make you an elitist jerk. There seems to be a certain stigma attached to FPS games, but I know plenty of people that are perfectly fine and play these types of games. I only know of three people that actually conform to the stereotype.

Yea, I'm not really a big fan of amiibos either. I know they make a lot of money and kids like them, but as an adult I don't want to have to buy a toy to enjoy parts of a game I couldn't otherwise enjoy without buying it. So far their integration hasn't been too intrusive but I'm concerned they'll have a major impact on games like Splatoon, Zelda Wii U, and Animal Crossing, whenever that gets released.

*one not game in my former post lol

Yeah, it's like physical expensive DLC in my opinion and games nowadays depends too much on it

Zelda U I'm not too worried about. I can't imagine them adding something too drastic to a Zelda game. It just seems like a series that they'll give you as complete a package as they can. (Hyrule Warriors being an obvious exception...But barely a Zelda game anyway)

Splatoon is one that I'm really thinking could take it too far though. With it being a competitive game, it would just turn me off instantly if they start putting gear stats and abilities or weapons behind Amiibo paywalls rather than it being in the game by default. In a game like that, anything that changes the way the game is played should be in the game as standard since anything stat related could change the balance of the game in favor of people who own xxx Amiibo.

I'm hoping any Amiibo stuff for Splatoon will be purely cosmetic, kind of like the Mii outfits in Mario Kart 8 that do nothing other than look different.

Playing Call of Duty doesn't automatically make you an elitist jerk. There seems to be a certain stigma attached to FPS games, but I know plenty of people that are perfectly fine and play these types of games. I only know of three people that actually conform to the stereotype.

I think the general stigma is that Call of Duty players are tasteless morons rather than an elitist jerks.

I'm probably showing my age, but I just understood what an amiibo is but I don't understand why all my gamer friends are telling me to buy them. I'm with you Tao, the moment those toys become more than cosmetic items will disappoint me entirely.

I'm probably showing my age, but I just understood what an amiibo is but I don't understand why all my gamer friends are telling me to buy them. I'm with you Tao, the moment those toys become more than cosmetic items will disappoint me entirely.

That's if Amiibo become more than cosmetic. I'm really hoping that Nintendo has the sense to keep them entirely unnecessary as they've mostly done so far. Hyrule Warriors has been the worst case so far, with an entire weapon class being locked specifically behind the Link Amiibo but I'm unsure whether that fault is with Nintendo or the actual developer (though I think I know it's Nintendo).

At the end of the day though, it's still DLC regardless of the format (in this case, a figure). I think what's worse is with them being physical things that we'll always have, games are going to get specifically made to support them which means content will be actively getting cut out of games for use with Amiibo, which I've always thought was a generally negative thing to do.

Zelda U I'm not too worried about. I can't imagine them adding something too drastic to a Zelda game. It just seems like a series that they'll give you as complete a package as they can. (Hyrule Warriors being an obvious exception...But barely a Zelda game anyway)

Splatoon is one that I'm really thinking could take it too far though. With it being a competitive game, it would just turn me off instantly if they start putting gear stats and abilities or weapons behind Amiibo paywalls rather than it being in the game by default. In a game like that, anything that changes the way the game is played should be in the game as standard since anything stat related could change the balance of the game in favor of people who own xxx Amiibo.

I'm hoping any Amiibo stuff for Splatoon will be purely cosmetic, kind of like the Mii outfits in Mario Kart 8 that do nothing other than look different.

With Zelda U I wouldn't be surprised if they copied Hyrule Warriors somewhat and gave general stuff for general amiibos and for Zelda specific amiibos, give out more specialized equipment or costumes. Wouldn't surprise me to see the release of a Ganondorf amiibo around the time that game comes out either.

As far as Splatoon, I would be concerned if I were planning to play online. I'm not sure I'll get it yet because I still have some unanswered questions but I definitely see where amiibos could have negative impact on the competitive balance for that game. Seems like lately, paid-for bonuses have been a controversial topic when it pertains to multiplayer shooter games. I just hope Nintendo is listening and realizes the failures of others before they decide do something similar.

With Zelda U I wouldn't be surprised if they copied Hyrule Warriors somewhat and gave general stuff for general amiibos and for Zelda specific amiibos, give out more specialized equipment or costumes. Wouldn't surprise me to see the release of a Ganondorf amiibo around the time that game comes out either.

As far as Splatoon, I would be concerned if I were planning to play online. I'm not sure I'll get it yet because I still have some unanswered questions but I definitely see where amiibos could have negative impact on the competitive balance for that game. Seems like lately, paid-for bonuses have been a controversial topic when it pertains to multiplayer shooter games. I just hope Nintendo is listening and realizes the failures of others before they decide do something similar.

But you all need to see it from another side! Look when you buy amiibo you add something NEW to the game, and it is not that you get something that was MISSING or that you had a half game before. It adds something, it does not make an half game complete, it is just an extra.

If you look to it that way then you do not have to complain about them everytime xD

Well, I'm 23 and I hardly knew what it was before I read on this forum and some paper posted pictures of these faulty Samus Aran figures with two cannons for hands and whatnot.

And yeah. I like some for its looks but that's it

I found Pokemon X/Y to be really.. young, I guess? It was the first Pokemon game that made me feel like I was too old to be playing it, like it was aimed at children. Just so many instances where your character is "led" somewhere you really could have figured out how to get to/what to do on your own, and the friendgroup characters were super immature and obnoxious. I put it down after the first couple badges and haven't picked it back up yet. It was really disappointing IMO.

I found Pokemon X/Y to be really.. young, I guess? It was the first Pokemon game that made me feel like I was too old to be playing it, like it was aimed at children. Just so many instances where your character is "led" somewhere you really could have figured out how to get to/what to do on your own, and the friendgroup characters were super immature and obnoxious. I put it down after the first couple badges and haven't picked it back up yet. It was really disappointing IMO.
It never gets any better.

It never gets any better.

That's disappointing... it had some really great features I was excited for, like Wonder Trade and such. I've been thinking of picking it back up but I might just go grab BW2 for when I feel the pokemon urge.

Yeah it was so bad on most levels. roller blades, bad customization, overuse of 3d graphics, buggy town(they fixed it but really), annoying layout etc.

Back