Town Names. What Did You Name Your Town and Why?

Do you regret what you named your town?

• Yeah, I wish I would've chose something else/I don't like it anymore.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Sometimes, but I can't change it now so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • No, I like what I chose.

Votes: 92 76.0%

• Total voters
☆Magica☆ ... because it's supposed to be a magical forest and... yes. Not original at all, but whatevs.
I never used symbols like stars etc in a town name before, thus it feels fresh and new to me xD
If I ever purchase a second copy, I'm gonna call that town ♫Sonata♫ or something like that... so no regrets at all xP

Wow, great town names everyone! A lot of them I'd personally never think of, so unique and charming♥

I'm naming my town Laughter. I know it's an action, not an official 'place name', but.. I like it. Laughter really is the best medicine, as cheesy as that line is, and laughing is one of the best things in the world to me, and for the majority of the world (I hope). So thus, the Town of Laughter was born. :3

My town is named Hayvana. My friend put me up to following the example of MLP:FiM (of which we're both fans) and making the name some kind of horse pun (e.g., in the show there's Manehattan, Fillydelphia, Hoofington, etc.). The first thing I thought of that didn't seem excessively obvious/overdone was Hay + Havana. For a while I thought it was silly, but I've come to like it. It has the ring of a relaxed, small and humble town, which is just what I'm going for. :)

Edit: Laughter is a cute town name!

Last edited:
Rosewood.

Just ended up going with that name cos i like roses and after trying to think up a decent town name for ages, i couldn't come up with anything i preferred. And so, Rosewood was born.

I named mine HKville which is Hello Kitty Ville, I do regret it a little but ah well, there's not much I can do about it. I was in such a rush to play the game that my town name didn't matter. :c​

Wow, great town names everyone! A lot of them I'd personally never think of, so unique and charming♥

I'm naming my town Laughter. I know it's an action, not an official 'place name', but.. I like it. Laughter really is the best medicine, as cheesy as that line is, and laughing is one of the best things in the world to me, and for the majority of the world (I hope). So thus, the Town of Laughter was born. :3

I like this :)
As for mine; Abnaxus is the name of a character from The Longest Journey, who is present in all times at once. That's really poorly worded, but I don't know how else to explain it. I chose it on a whim because it sounds kind of cool. But I've been having second thoughts. I don't think it's terrible and it doesn't bother me that much.

Last edited:
My first town was called Oakville, I couldn't think of anything and just threw random stuff together. My new town is called Oakton, a throwback to my original town. Gone but not forgotten. 14/06/13-05/08/13

Last edited:
In Wild World, I named my town Newleaf and coincidentally, that was the title of this game so I had to change it :/. It's now Harmonia, which I feel has a nice ring to it.

I named my first town Wonderland from my favorite book. sadly had to take out a few letters to make it fit but I am happy with it.
My second town is named Fiore from Fairy Tail.

Kokiri because I love Legend of Zelda, and it's been the name of my town since AC for gamecube

Eldin, and I love it! :) Named after the Eldin Province in Twilight Princess. Just a name I liked.

It's a little too similar to my sister's town name though. We didn't know until we told each other like a day after we made our towns. Spoooooky ;__;

I named my town Roanoke, after the English colony that completely disappeared in the late 16th century (the "Lost Colony"). It's kind of ominous sounding and I like it. I don't regret it and I don't think I will; I'm always a little apprehensive about naming my towns after fictional places, because what if I lose interest in that particular movie or game? Roanoke is kind of timeless, and a pretty word besides.

Okay, Oppo is a long story. Way back in the day, I bought myself Animal Crossing: Population Growing. I fired that puppy up and met Rover on the train. He asked me where I was going. I couldn't think of anything. Being 9/10 years old at the time, when I couldn't think of anything to enter for video games, I would pick a funny word and switch the letters around. Well, my genius brain picked the word poop. Tickled pink, I swapped the letters and Oppo was born.

I got Wild World and kept the name because it was still funny. I got City Folk and kept the name for old time's sake. I got New Leaf and kept the name because it was tradition. (And it's still funny.)

Mine is Jerico. Named out of the fictitious Kansas town from the tv show Jerico, where the residents survived a series of bombs that went off in country. Great show!! But, I'm from Kansas so I was really just trying to be cleaver lol.

i named my town Matahari. it basically means the sun in indonesian (or was it malay?), i liked it because i like to give my players little backstories and my mayor is pretty much a girl who is afraid of the dark (her original town is like a place where there's no natural light or they worship the moon or something).
and also it sounds cool

Zingzang is a name I made up. I like the way it looks, with two z's and two g's. I think it's turned out well because my town has narrow and winding paths, sort of like z's and g's. No regret whatsoever. :D

I took forever deciding and I went with Rhapsody. I absolutely love my town name and i'm very proud of it. It sounds so magical!

Back