• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How big is your Town Tree?

How big is your Town Tree?

• Total voters

~Kilza~

Staff
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
In honor of the Town Tree currently being in the banner, I thought it'd be interesting to ask how big the Town Tree is for each of us that have played New Leaf! For anybody who's never played New Leaf, the Town Tree is planted in the plaza the first time you start your town, and slowly grows as you put more hours and days into the game. The exact requirements from what I've been able to gather are as follows:

Sapling - Initial planting of the tree
Stage 1 - 1 hours, 1 day
Stage 2 - 5 hours, 5 days
Stage 3 - 20 hours, 20 days
Stage 4 - 50 hours, 50 days
Stage 5 - 100 hours, 100 days
Stage 6 - 180 hours, 180 days
Stage 7 - 300 hours, 300 days
Stage 8 - 500 hours, 500 days

I'm personally at Stage 2, which is what's currently in the banner as of writing this! I've put more than enough hours into the game (around 170 hours according to my 3DS), just not enough days I suppose, which is surprising but it has been years since I played it. 😅

I invested 800 hours more or less in my ultimate town created in 2017, and obviously my tree reached the stage 8.
When I saw such a large tree for the first time, it was a truly indescribable emotion. In general, every time I watch it it's exciting. The New Leaf tree was one of the best concepts introduced

The tree is at its full stage in two of my towns. I know, because I had both towns since 2017.

I'm not sure what stage it is exactly in my third town, although I had this one since 2020.

I'm at stage 8! I absolutely loved seeing the tree grow throughout the game. I also really love sitting underneath and watching all the milestones, I do miss the tree in New Horizons!

Fully grown! I had to check when I came back to the game in December, because I remember being stuck at stage 7 for years (I think I didn't have the number of days played, but double the hours).

I have 6 NL towns so it varies. But I do know that in Vista the tree is in it's last stage. Such a big beautiful tree, the perfect symbolism for the town. I guess, even though I have done a lot of time traveling.

Even though I have dumped so many hours into New Leaf, I have yet to get Stage 8! o_O I’m at Stage 7 currently.

stage eight on both of my first towns! i had 2,000+ hours sunk into NL according to my activity log, and that's just on my second 3DS. i've no idea what the hours are on the original one i played the games with, so it's probably closer to double that. that said, my third game's tree is only either stage two or three. not sure which. i bought it last year and then accidentally abandoned it within a month after getting distracted by personal projects. this event made me return to the game, though, so hopefully i can get the tree to grow before i forget the game/s again.

I forgot I restarted my town so it’s at like Stage 4 haha. But I did have an old town (rest in peace Vanillix) that was at Stage 8!!

I believe mine is stage 8. For some reason I thought it could get even bigger but ultimately I think I had a dream about visiting a Japanese town that had an extra massive (impossible) size tree.

i just checked my activity log, seems I've logged in 244 hours so i guess my trees on stage 6? if I'm reading it correctly lol, i don't know how to check the days. is that were it says how many times I've played the game? if so that says 248 times.

I don’t remember I was really young when I got new leaf and I didn’t even know what to do, I would just hang around playing the game and I loved it even though I had no idea what I was doing

Mine is stage 7
I've been playing (with time travel) for almost 2 real world years
I'm soooo far from stage 8 though ☆

Back