Town Names. What Did You Name Your Town and Why?

Do you regret what you named your town?

• Yeah, I wish I would've chose something else/I don't like it anymore.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Sometimes, but I can't change it now so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • No, I like what I chose.

Votes: 92 76.0%

• Total voters
Fiorello, a really nice Italian restaurant in New York. Had a great time there and have no regrets.

I named my town Pinewood the day I got it (July 13th) because I'd named my WW and CF towns that and I just love how cozy it sounds, but that night I decided I wanted something new so I went with Oracle. I'm really into tarot/oracle readings (I do it for a living, get paid online or in person and I'm just in love) and Oracle is the name of a world I was co-building with someone a while back. So, Oracle forever <3

I named my City Folk town Dreamsy, because I thought it sounded pretty cute. Then about two months later I got New Leaf, and I wasn't sure what to name my town so I just went with Dreamsie. (I changed the spelling to see how it looked, and I like it better this way, I think)

Rown, becasue it sounded cute :3

my main town is named Pipto, not sure why but i have a cute song with it...

"P-I-PTO! PIPTO PITPO, way to go!" (then theres a tune to it as well)

My town is Termina. The land from one of my most favorite games. I wish I had enough space to name my town ClockTown, but since I couldn't, Termina is just fine with me :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

My town is Termina. The land from one of my most favorite games. I wish I had enough space to name my town ClockTown, but since I couldn't, Termina is just fine with me :)

I named mine Olympia because Olympus seems much more pretentious.

I named my town Moonvale in honor of my very first Population Growing town Sunvill. I regret nothing. I think the name is very pretty.

I have more regret about one or two of my characters from house placement to name. However, I've already poured so much money into their house upgrades and pattern making that I'd rather not start them over.

Mine is Midgar-it has been on every AC games I've owned. If you don't know where Midgar is from (gaming wise) then I feel bad for you son.

I named my town "Montecue". It stood for "Monument of Cuteness" and I was going to name it "Montecute" but there wasn't any space left available. That was back in my ACWW days then, lol (And I remember I used to put extra umlauts or what have you on the letters...) Now it's just the regular old "Montecue" and it sound's kind of Parisian or however it's called? I like it.

Maple, because New Leaf... made me think of trees. And I really like Maple trees. :)

Granger, since I'm a Harry Potter nut. I don't regret a single letter. thinking of re-starting though, and naming it something prettier. keeping my Mayor's name, though. i found a site that helps you with choosing your Town Name. it's really very helpful.

Windset

I was experimenting with town name generators as I was brainstorming ideas, here's what my notepad looked like

Azula
Obscura
Windset [x]
Wayset
Wayward
Windward
Northwood

The first name was actually going to be Analog

I named my town Sinaris, which is a modified name of the world a story I'm writing takes place in.

I named my town Aspen (after a looong story) since first AC
now this name is starting to sound common and boring to me...

Mine is Holodrum. I couldn't think of anything and I was into Oracle of Seasons at the time, so it was good name.
Now I'm starting to wish I'd named it Zebes, simply because I love Metroid far more than Zelda. There's no way in hell I'll reset just for a silly name, though.

Inaba
I like persona 4 :)
It was origionally Iwatodai (from persona 3) but I reset, and I decided I would change it.

Back