• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

today i learned that if you go into the resident services building while isabelle is doing her stretches, you can hear the little bells that hold her hair up in that 'ponytail' jingle whenever she drastically moves :love: such a cute little detail.

That when you sit on a toilet, the fruit that you've eaten is 'emptied' away. :LOL::LOL:

LOL just tried it and its true, its hilarious ! love the little text afterwards hahahah, your a genius !😂 It also flushes ones you are done! I am loving this, ill go to the bathroom in the game once a day at least hahaha

Last edited:
today i learned that if you go into the resident services building while isabelle is doing her stretches, you can hear the little bells that hold her hair up in that 'ponytail' jingle whenever she drastically moves :love: such a cute little detail.

You can actually hear them whenever she moves, such as when she is off dusting, and needs to run to the counter.

You can actually hear them whenever she moves, such as when she is off dusting, and needs to run to the counter.
i'm usually in and out of RS quickly unless i need something; the jingle for her stretching just seems a little more prominent to me. i've most likely heard it before but never associated it with her movements until today, because of how extreme the action is for stretching versus dusting, etc. i never talk to her anymore so i never hear her dart around her portion of the room 😅

LOL just tried it and its true, its hilarious ! love the little text afterwards hahahah, your a genius !😂 It also flushes ones you are done! I am loving this, ill go to the bathroom in the game once a day at least hahaha
Glad that it brought you joy too! I will be going morning and night from now on. At least it gives me a reason to harvest fruit.

I struggle with that, too.
I'm also in that boat. When I'm feeling productive (at least in videogame standards) I usually pick one flower type and deal with that one field that's gotten out of hand. Makes it more manageable cuz I can just focus on, say, the pansies by the shop that have taken over. Then another day I'll deal with the cosmos in the park, etc.

Today I learned how there are golden ornaments. I haven't really got into collecting the festive diy's but I am now starting to grind out on finding all the diy's and stock up on blue, red, and gold ornaments in time for Christmas! 😊

TIL that flowers can spawn on dirt paths. Laid one down for the snow boy trick, and my tulips instantly migrated after it snowed! I could see how this could get really annoying if you were going for a natural theme and had flowers on either side of a path, and then when it snowed/rained you wouldn’t just have extra flowers but you’d have them blocking your paths.

TIL that flowers can spawn on dirt paths. Laid one down for the snow boy trick, and my tulips instantly migrated after it snowed! I could see how this could get really annoying if you were going for a natural theme and had flowers on either side of a path, and then when it snowed/rained you wouldn’t just have extra flowers but you’d have them blocking your paths.

Oh yes. It's irritating. Especially when you factor in shovels breaking. I think if you were to place transparent patterns down over the dirt paths, you could solve this problem. I haven't tested it though.

today i learned that you can have transparent custom codes to put around flowers so they dont grow (though i wont use it because i have so many lol)
Post automatically merged:

That when you sit on a toilet, the fruit that you've eaten is 'emptied' away. :LOL::LOL:

oh wow til that as well, thats actually useful, thanks!!

While i was hunting for a giant lobster ( fast dud ! ) i remembered something someone said on here. That you can lurk or actually surprise sea creatures too! At first i thought like what ? And then today after 20 minutes i decided to slow swim towards the lobster without pressing the A to move faster and it did work! kudos to the person who mentioned that ! Your a genius , i only have 3 more sea creatures to go that are from summer but o well hahahhaha. I have so much more fun hunting sea creatures now 😂

Back