• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Today I learned that in summer, sometimes your villagers will run around with grass seed heads!
CE784502-9942-45B0-8636-60BDA7AD3960.jpeg
I can’t believe I didn’t notice this when I was primarily on Arctin...

That the weeds vary by season, I knew they changed but I didn't know it was a seasonal change lol

Today I learned that...I forgot to play yesterday (husband got sick, had other stuff going on etc.), and that broke my 273 day streak. :( That's going to make the 300 day streak for the final Nook Miles "days active" reward, a very long wait indeed -- if I can get there next year.

Today I learned that...I forgot to play yesterday (husband got sick, had other stuff going on etc.), and that broke my 273 day streak. :( That's going to make the 300 day streak for the final Nook Miles "days active" reward, a very long wait indeed -- if I can get there next year.
oof. i'm so sorry, that's definitely a high count to have logged on every day for, even for a few minutes. just try not to think about the streak and you'll get back up there in no time 🖤

I'm pretty sure it's not a streak, but cumulative, meaning you'll get it a day later than you would have otherwise and not have to play 300 days straight. There were some days in June when I couldn't play because of uni, but my count is at over 270 (with some extra from TT'ing).

I'm pretty sure it's not a streak, but cumulative, meaning you'll get it a day later than you would have otherwise and not have to play 300 days straight. There were some days in June when I couldn't play because of uni, but my count is at over 270 (with some extra from TT'ing).

Thanks, someone on GameFAQs just pointed this out to me, too. If so, that's a relief!

The street organs do actually play music, it's just that you need to hold the A button instead of pressing it once to activate it. I always thought that for some reason they got lazy and didn't make it interactive... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks, Dunquixote. I would never have known. :LOL:

How? The game wont let you cause its too close by a clift, real curious 🙈
I mean a cliff/platform you make.

You can have a tree on a single terraformed tile if you want.
I tried that but it was ugly.

It's good for when you want a few trees on a terraformed platform, having them near the edge.

It involves a tiny bit of waterscaping, that tricks (my understanding of it anyway) the section with the corner you cut out into thinking it's a solid 3 x 3 platform.

It's even at the site linked at the top of TBT, AnimalCrossingWorld. :)

Plant Trees on Cliff Edges. :)

Last edited:
I'm probably the last AC player on the planet to realize that Redd sells different colour variations of furniture items! 😆

All these months, I barely gave his non-art items any attention. I assumed they were just regular furniture items I could get from Nook's Cranny because the ones I did notice in the past were. Today I bought a twinkling painting and was on my way out when I stopped and gawked at the toy box he had. My island's Nook's Cranny only ever sold the green one. But I was seeing a pink one for the first time on Redd's boat. Bought it with a big smile on my face. 🎁

This is probably a no brainer to most people, but I don’t play NH often to know that if you keep missing catching cherry blossom petals or snowflakes, they break. :(

Back