• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Romaki

💖🧡💛💚💙💜
Bells
Island
Cyan Heart Balloon
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
I thought it would be nice to make a thread in the same vein as the Things you didn't know about forever? thread in the New Leaf forum, where people share little tidbits and tricks that they learned about the game that other people might not know about yet!

JHFItZ7.jpg

ZoLl0wf.jpg

Today I learned complaining to Isabelle about a resident's clothes won't remove the outfit from their wardrobe. It will simply make them change into their default outfit for a bit until they decide to change to something else in their wardrobe again.

I complained about Julian's clothes, went to his house, saw he had gone back to his default shirt, checked his wardrobe and saw the shirt I gave him was still there. Within the next hour he was wearing said shirt again as if nothing happened.

Don't know if it's a glitch but it sure does seem like a pointless feature.

Today I learned complaining to Isabelle about a resident's clothes won't remove the outfit from their wardrobe. It will simply make them change into their default outfit for a bit until they decide to change to something else in their wardrobe again.

I complained about Julian's clothes, went to his house, saw he had gone back to his default shirt, checked his wardrobe and saw the shirt I gave him was still there. Within the next hour he was wearing said shirt again as if nothing happened.

Don't know if it's a glitch but it sure does seem like a pointless feature.
Perhaps he's just acting like an ass. You know, the donkey.

I just learned yesterday thanks to someone here that you can get posters of your current villagers if you invite them while at Harv's island. Thought you could only get posters from amiibo, so that was neat to find out!
Oh good to know. This gives Harv's island a use for me then since all I have are the amiibos for Wolf Link, Epona, and Inkwell.

It's more "figured out" than learned, but besides being able to test out anything you want with interior design, Harv's island similarly allows you try on outfits without having to worry about where the clothes are :3 (e.g whether they're already used in wand outfits)

There are three alternate camera angles in the fossil exhibit beyond the one near the Palaeosaurus. There's a spot in front of the meteor impact model, and one behind the T-rex.
And the "human" spot in the lineup ^_^

Today I learned that you can still see shooting stars even if Isabelle didn't announce a meteor shower! I FINALLY GOT STARS! XD

I learned you can plant palm trees on grass if you place a sand path before planting it! I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but I had no idea and I've been running around planting palm trees along the side of the beach all day to smooth the line between beach and grass a little more.

Someone on here said you can also just transfer a palm tree from the beach to the grass, but I have no idea if the tree would survive that.

Back