• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

To stunt the growth of trees? The best way is to let a tree grow in a spot where it can reach full size and dig it up and move it when it's the size you want to where you want it to be. If near another tree, the other tree will stunt the growth but if it's not, you can put a small furniture it down in the space directly behind the trunk. Vaulting poles are pretty skinny but it'll stick out behind a really young tree. Could try something like a scale or a mug.
Thanks! I didn’t realize that something as small as a cup would prevent it from growing. I’ll have to try this trick because I like the different sizes.

The only way to stunt tree growth is to use tree starts from nooklings, furniture will not stunt the growth at all (unfortunately). You can stop any tree at any growth stage as well, pine starts are easier to hide than oak starts (coconut starts can also make really good decor for stunting beach trees)

And today I learned... that frogs make noise if placed! Cicadas, frogs, and crickets all make amazing ambient noise <3

I learned that you can ignore a villager and time travel to try to get them to move but it won't always work. Other villagers might ask to move instead. It might increase the probability of the villager moving but it's not fail proof.

i learnt this yesterday but didn't get a chance to post on here:

apparently golden tools break too and i literally have no idea!! i was ecstatic when i finally got the golden slingshot DIY recipe, because boy do I hate crafting tools/customize them. And there i thought finally i don't ever have to worry about the slingshot breaking ever again!

But nope, it did broke. I guess this same goes for all other golden tools.. previously i was contemplating about crafting a full set of the golden tools, but now I might just save my gold ores for something else.

apparently golden tools break too and i literally have no idea!! i was ecstatic when i finally got the golden slingshot DIY recipe, because boy do I hate crafting tools/customize them. And there i thought finally i don't ever have to worry about the slingshot breaking ever again!

But nope, it did broke. I guess this same goes for all other golden tools.. previously i was contemplating about crafting a full set of the golden tools, but now I might just save my gold ores for something else.
they do break a lot less frequently, but like you said, i'd personally prefer to save them for other items just because i can make or buy my tools, customize those to get the most out of them, and save my nuggest for something that wont break.

i wish they were unbreakable, but that would deter a lot of people from gaining the nook miles achievements for making / breaking tools, i suppose :c

When you TT back and create a new player character, not all customisation options are unlocked. The eye and hair customisation released in the October update, for example, is not unlocked until you TT forward to October.

i didn't realize you could sneak up slowly on sea creatures! i've been chasing them around like crazy

Today I learned that my villagers can start a whole fire in the middle of the town plaza!
ACBonfire.jpg

If you build a perfect snowman, he will give you a large snowflake everyday, until he melts. You just have to talk to him. Alt characters will get a recipe from newly built perfect snowmen too. I wish I had known this a few days ago, but glad that I know now.

There are so many different teddy bears I didn't have. I thought I probably had them all, because I've been playing since March. I ended up buying quite a few from this forum. My game has been stingy with me on the different variations.
Today I got two balloons, and can you guess what was in them ? Yes, two variations that I had bought the day before. Never before seen in my town, until I had them in my catalog.

To stunt the growth of trees? The best way is to let a tree grow in a spot where it can reach full size and dig it up and move it when it's the size you want to where you want it to be. If near another tree, the other tree will stunt the growth but if it's not, you can put a small furniture it down in the space directly behind the trunk. Vaulting poles are pretty skinny but it'll stick out behind a really young tree. Could try something like a scale or a mug.

It’s actually better to just plant the size tree you want on top of a square of the sand path. Then it won’t grow anymore.

Unlike the regular tools, you can't customize the gold tools. So you can't reset the durability by customizing. It's a shame really. You'd think they'd let you customize/reset all the tools after all the effort it takes to obtain the DIY.

I learned last night on a FABULOUS dream island that you can jump between cliffs, even if there's no water between. And THEN I learned, on a different part of the island, that you can manipulate that to be jumping between PILLARS surrounded by WATER. Please look at the pic they posted on their instagram, here. I can't handle how cool this island was. Now I have to raise everything up a level...

Ok I actually learnt two things:

1) seasonal items are not limited to IRL time. They are limited in game time only, which thank goodness I was so stressed about not able to purchase all the previous seasonal items that I missed before I started playing

2) not sure why I didn’t know this until now, but apparently you can order furniture from your phone directly rather than go to nook link?? I think a new app gets unlocked after ordering x number of furnitures.... did not know about this, but now I do!

Back