• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Today I learned that you can force Able Sisters to stay open longer if you keep the custom design portal open when it hits 9pm. Once it’s a few minutes after 9, you can close the portal and you’re still able to shop without Sable kicking you out. It will remain open until you leave the store. So you can make Sable and Mabel work overtime haha

Today I learned that you can force Able Sisters to stay open longer if you keep the custom design portal open when it hits 9pm. Once it’s a few minutes after 9, you can close the portal and you’re still able to shop without Sable kicking you out. It will remain open until you leave the store. So you can make Sable and Mabel work overtime haha

I don't think Mable kicks you out either way. It's always been this way in AC games. Nook's Cranny kicks you out but the clothing store doesn't.

Last edited:
That you don't need to have an upgraded RS Plaza for Jingle to visit, though he just gives you a Toy Day Stocking as a present (and I guess his photo the next day).

Attachments

• Ep9tsoJUwAYPcPp.jpeg
    Ep9tsoJUwAYPcPp.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Ep9yXLoUwAIUt_w.jpeg
    Ep9yXLoUwAIUt_w.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Ep9urIGU0AIXzgR.jpeg
    Ep9urIGU0AIXzgR.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Ep9zsVAU0AAu9Cg.jpeg
    Ep9zsVAU0AAu9Cg.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 14
Today I learned that, when you receive gifts from your residents on Toy Day, they are toys that Nook's Cranny had been selling. More importantly, they are colour variations! Because I don't trade anymore, I am stoked to receive these. I think it's very thoughtful of Nintendo to give me a way to collect different colour variations of the toys.
😃🎁

Well I have three characters in my island and I completed toy day with them all yesterday but only hung my stockings in my main house and forgot to hung them in my other characters house like Jingles told me to. Truly hope you guys listened to him and hung the stockings he gave you cause the next day if you click on the stockings you receive his framed photograph, you will not receive it via mail.

I discovered this on Christmas day. You have to hang up the stocking that Jingle gives you ( not the one sold in the store) in order to get his picture.
I could be wrong on this, but two of my characters hung up Jingles stocking and got a photo. My other character didn't bother hanging it, because she already had one hanging upstairs. She got NOTHING!!!!!

I learned that you can place your villagers in the room at Photopia. I thought all those photos I saw floating around of everyone with their villagers together were players inviting their villagers to their houses.😶

I learned that you can place your villagers in the room at Photopia. I thought all those photos I saw floating around of everyone with their villagers together were players inviting their villagers to their houses.😶
You can't invite your villagers to your house - at least not yet - in NH.

Today I learned that trying to find balloons for DIYs is a huge pain in the a-double-s.

No. But today I learned that balloons spawn regularly , like every 5 minutes or whatever, which I guess is way better than it being completely random. Doesn't make it any less of a pain tho! And I ALSO learned that when you pop them too close to the water, they fall in and you lose them! Which is just! So great 🙃

So only after receiving Jingle's photo did I realise that all the photos are customisable and I just 😅 Prffft.
Customised my little collection of photos so the frames are more fun now and oh no this realisation makes me wanna start collecting photos more, this is not good 😅

Back