• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Sable is the sweetest! She needs a hug. I need a hug. We need to hug each other. 😭❤ (Every time Sable talks about her mom, it tugs at my heartstrings. I lost my mom 9 years ago. I still miss her every day.)
nov29-sable-b.jpg

Hi! Just want to say your island shots are beautiful and inspirational! <3
I enjoyed reading your journal entries.
Everything feels authentic and chill.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your kind words. 😃

It's great to know you've enjoyed my journal entries. I have so much fun every day playing my game and taking screenshots. When I update this journal, it's another bout of fun for me, as I get to figure out what to say about the day and decide which screenshot to post. Because I take way too many.

Claude: I once won a fancy dress contest dressed as a bee! Me: Wow. You must have been buzzing for days after that! Wolfgang: 😐 Me: What do frogs like to order at a restaurant? Claude: French flies! Wolfgang: 😐 Claude: I know a spider who works in IT. Me: Is he a web designer? Wolfgang: 😐 Me: What creature is smarter than a talking parrot? Claude: A spelling bee, of course! Wolfgang: 😐 Me: My bedside lamp turned into a butterfly this morning. Claude: That's why you shouldn't buy cheap larva lamps. Wolfgang: 😐
nov30-claude.jpg

I've been playing since the day the game launched, and I'm still discovering dialogue I'm hearing for the first time. Until now, I've never interrupted an islander when he's going after an insect. I mean, it never occurred to me that I should do it. But when I saw Dom stalking a damselfly, I thought, okay, I'll do something out of the ordinary. Let's see what happens. And new dialogue happens! I get the sneaky feeling that there is so much dialogue in this game, and so much that we will never hear, because we all form certain habits when we play and "new" dialogue sometimes happens only when we do things we don't usually do.
nov29-dom2-b.jpg

nov29-dom3-b.jpg

nov29-dom1-b.jpg

The other day, I left some fish in their tanks outside Nook's Cranny because my pockets were full, and Wolfgang walked by and remarked on how the dab reminded him of a friend back home. Another time, I accidentally gave Raymond a customization kit, and he had dialogue about the "island-themed" gift. It all makes me wonder what else I'm missing. Probably A LOT. I need to break out of my habits, do things differently and talk to my residents a lot more. 🤨🤪

The light this evening was beautiful. It was about 6pm. I don't think I've seen this kind of light before. 😃
dec1-evening6pm.jpg

Earlier in the day, Wolfgang was enjoying the weather. Reading, as usual, in one of his favourite reading spots. 📖
dec1-wg.jpg

Right around that time, I was fishing for Nook Miles. I fished a pond smelt out of the river, vaguely wondered if it was a new fish, and then my player character went WOO-HOO!!! I wasn't expecting this!
dec1-woohoo1.jpg

dec1-woohoo2.jpg

Happy surprises are the best. 😌

Dom was thinking really hard. I didn't want him to sprain his head muscle so I went up to him to interrupt and I expected to be asked to think of a different catchphrase for him or to buy something he didn't need anymore. But his reaction was something else entirely. 😯
dec2-dom.jpg

Here's the other highlight of the day. 😏 📸
dec2-gullivar.jpg

IT'S CLAUDE'S BIRTHDAY! How I love my little lazy bunny! He's been with me since the early days because he's one of the first 5 residents on my island. And the only one remaining. I'm too fond of Claude to let him go. I visited him in the morning with a present in hand, and found Lolly celebrating too. 🥳🎂🎉
dec3-claude2-b.jpg

dec3-claude3-b.jpg

I totally get it, Claude. I used to be full of coffee all the time. I loved coffee so much. Any time someone asked, I'd say my blood type's C. For Coffee. 🤪

For the first time, I saw my two cranky islanders singing along with the radio, at the same time, whilst facing each other. I don't think I've seen anything like this before. I really liked it. 😊🎶 Oh, Fuchsia? She was actually thinking about moving out! YIKES. I told her to perish the thought. Where would I be without my MVP? 🥺
dec4-duet2.jpg

The new toy on sale at Nook's Cranny was the tin robot, so I bought it, went outside to place it on the ground to see if it's animated. Raymond walked by and when I stopped to talk to him, he remarked on the toy.
dec8-ray1.jpg

dec8-ray2.jpg

Hmm. These aren't the toys we'll be giving out on Christmas eve, are they? 🤨 In other news, I managed to get a snapshot of Lolly sitting on the bench in the little park I'd built that sits between Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters. Hardly anyone uses the bench at all. Seeing this today made me smile. 😀
dec8-park.jpg

Isabelle announced that we're getting shooting stars tonight, so I'm excited! I don't need star fragments; I just like seeing shooting stars. 🌠 Tangy, on the other hand, is a pragmatist when it comes to meteor showers. 😄
dec9-tangy1.jpg

dec9-tangy2.jpg

It snowed more heavily today than ever before. Even though the snow still isn't sticking, I think it won't be too long now, we'll get snow-covered ground soon. 😃
dec10-snowing-b.jpg

In 9 months, I've caught 5,000 bugs! 😳😄 I do like catching bugs. And I'm sort of addicted to paper kite butterflies. I can't explain why. But every time I see one, I will use my net to catch it. I. Just. Have. To. 🤪
dec10-bugs-b.jpg

Back