• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Thoughts on Sanrio Villagers??

Opinion on Sanrio Characters?

• I have one

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I have multiple

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • I want one or multiple

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • I have none and don't want any

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • They're awesome / adorable!

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • They're okay / any other villager / not my personal cup of tea

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I don't like them for whatever reason

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I only like some villagers

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I only want the Sanrio items

Votes: 26 23.4%

• Total voters
Toby is really the only one of the Sanrio villagers I like, and I have him on my secondary island. He just had to be the most difficult Amiibo villager to move in though, asking me for two different DIYs requiring gold nuggets in a row! The items are all pretty cool as well, aside from one of the rugs which I personally despise.

Sanrio characters don't quite fit the vibe I'm going for my island, their color schemes are generally too bright/pastel and a little bit too kiddish in terms of design, so it's unlikely I will have any of them on Ginkgo, but the items are cool (that's the main reason I bought the amiibo cards for hehe)

I used to have Marty in my animal crossing new leaf town though and he's super adorable <3

I like some of them although Rilla just looks strange and I feel like they shouldve used a different species, no offense

I do like their furntiure sets a lot though so theres that, i also had Toby and Etoile in my nl town and they were nice

I think the Sanrio villagers are cute, but I don't have plans to invite any of them to my island at the moment! I have the amiibo cards so I've collected the furniture, but I haven't used them for anything because they don't match my décor.

I think Etoilé's and Rilla's houses would be cute to decorate on HHP! I also like the Kerokerokeroppi furniture! 🐸😊

Etoile is the best of them. Chai and Marty are very cute. Toby is okay. Chelsea.. is weird, not my cup of tea, but I get why some people like her.

Rilla is an abomination. They absolutely should have made her a cat. I mean.. come on.

All that said, I don't have any on my island currently, despite having their official amiibo cards. They just don't fit my theme, I guess!

I have the amiibo for them, Etoile and Chelsea are cute, but they're both normal and I already have 2 normal villagers that I prefer a bit more.

I did have Marty on my island for a bit when I shared a town with my mom. The only one I really don't care for is the gorilla.

The Sanrio villagers are actually some of the few villagers I dislike! They don’t seem to visually fit in the game at all; their models are too cartoony and complex and they feel like walking advertisements. That said, I’m honestly still glad they exist for those who like them. Many of my favorite are unpopular, and I’m glad they are still in the game despite the dislike of other players.
I LOVE UNPOPULAR VILLAGERS!!! They just need some love and you will see their true personality shine 🥺 They are just as good as Raymond and Sasha!

I like the designs of the Sanrio villagers, with the exception being Rilla. Out of all animals, who thought it was a good idea for Hello Kitty to be represented by a Gorilla? It clashes with the cute design and it's ruined.

Oh well, nothing we could do about that now lol. If I had to choose one villager to move to my island, it would be Toby! Also, my mom and sister like the Sanrio characters and furniture so that's another plus.

Me??
2F23E319-0A21-4228-9108-12412CEF5A74.jpeg

Liking Etoile??
77E24015-71B3-45DF-BAA0-8CA0634D1E4A.png

Idk what would make you say that
094A7AD3-C452-4F2F-BACE-4911C8337D29.jpeg

I’m not obsessed with her or anything
E1087368-B36B-4C48-826C-B30C931E794D.jpeg

Like really
image0.png

In all seriousness, yes I am a huge Etoile fan, I’ve loved her since the ACNL collab. I’ve never had her in ACNL because I didn’t have money for an amiibo reader, so I’ve just been appreciating her from dream towns. ; w; (Hence the phrase “I saw her in a dream.” But now that the Switch has an in-built amiino reader, I went ahead and purchased all Sanrio amiibos. Used the rest for items but my I invited Etoile in my main island in a heartbeat.

I really love Little Twin Stars and I’m absolutely thrilled they made the AC representation a sheep, Etoile fits their aesthetic so much and I couldn’t ask for more from the little floof. Wish they had kept the scarves instead of making them wear shirts but whatever, doesn’t make me love Etoile any less.

As for the others, I also like My Melody but didn’t really vibe with Chelsea’s design ; w; Hello Kitty…… I’m okay with her, but yikes why was her villager a gorilla, Rilla is my least favorite 😩 The rest of the villagers are okay, I kinda like them but not enough for me to invite them to my island.

I bought the cards, although I mainly did that to get all the sanrio items lmao. I definitely like a few of the villagers, and in the past have moved one or two of them onto my island, but in general i tend to pick the main game islanders over them just because i personally prefer a lot of the other villagers in the game.

I really wanted them for my NL town, esp. Etoile for what was my goal then, to have an all sheep town.

Was so disappointed to learn we couldn't adopt them from another town, and was obsessed with trying to get the amiibo cards in NH to finally get them. Moved several of them in, and just felt meh.

Still love Etoile though, but I'm TEAM FLOOF, they're so much cuter with the scarf!!!

After months and months of trying I only recently was able to get my own pack of sanrio cards. I wanted Étoile on my island but its be hard cause every time I scan her in she wants me to make her something which has happened 3 times :( and now I do not have any room for her to move in.

I just like the items. Specifically, the Keroppi items. Maybe if the Sanrio villagers were more inline with what they were like the Zelda villagers. For example, Keroppi is a frog villager and My Melody is a rabbit villager, etc, they might be more appealing. Especially if Keroppi was an actual frog villager and he was of a personality type that fit my town, I'd probably want him to move in.

I think they’re all eyesores. I’ve always liked sanrio stuff since the myspace days when hello kitty was huge. The items are cute but the villagers could have been better.

While I liked some of their items, the cute coffee cup stuff works great for my outdoor cafe. And the frog lights are nice at my ramps the villagers themselves were just too comicy for my liking.

My favorites are Etoile, Chelsea, Chai, and Marty, but really the only one I dislike is Rilla. I'd definitely have the ones I like on my island if I had room, but sadly with the addition of the new villagers recently, I don't think I'll ever have a free space haha

I like Toby, Chelsea, and Rilla. No real opinion on the rest. I don't think I'll ever have them though. Don't want to bother hunting for Sanrio cards, and since I can't give them away if I ever want someone else, I'd feel bad for having to void them.

After months and months of trying I only recently was able to get my own pack of sanrio cards. I wanted Étoile on my island but its be hard cause every time I scan her in she wants me to make her something which has happened 3 times :( and now I do not have any room for her to move in.
Just as an FYI, Amiibo villagers have to be scanned in for 3 days. You'll have to craft them something each time. On the third day they'll move in and can replace any villager of your choice.

Back