Things you didn't know about forever?

Only just recently did I learn that the amiibo update didn't allow villagers to put down plot on a QR code. Gosh, that could have saved me so much trouble on plot resetting!

It took me ages to realise Phineas was actually in New Leaf xD. I didn?t play much in my first town so it took me like a year to earn a single badge, then when I saw him I was like, ?wait, what are YOU doing here!??

Characters that never talk to villagers are able to whack them with nets or toy hammers, and they won't get upset because they've never met you, and can't complain.

Characters that never talk to villagers are able to whack them with nets or toy hammers, and they won't get upset because they've never met you, and can't complain.

this is kinda sad
they just take the abuse and can't speak out about it

i never knew you could get a fortune teller shop...
i've had this game for 3 years now and never got to that point (i've always reset my town before i unlocked it) so i didn't even know it existed until a while ago when i looked up what that space next to the dream suite was for, lol

If you have 8 settled villagers, one of them can tell you they're moving on the day a 9th one randomly plots in your town. I always thought all 9 villagers had to fully move in before the cycle could continue!

Bulletin board? I think you mean a furniture item that you customize right? In that case the design will change if you overwrite it in your inventory. I was only told that designs placed as the townflag or on signs outside (PWPs) will stay if you delete them.
Also you don't really need to risk your flag. Why don't you save it with Mabel and then try it out? ^^

I saved my flag with Mabel, and it still flies. I did lose the customization on the bulletin board, but I'm not too upset about it. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Villagers won't give you a gift for asking to visit unless you've talked to them a few times in each room.
Villagers that drop by unexpectedly only need to be talked to a few times in the first room for a gift.

Pretty simple, but I always just waited till they left. I'd never talk to them enough so they wouldn't leave.

Last edited:
I didn't know until last week that it was possible to fish the soft shelled turtle on this game. At first I thought it was a green slime monster that came out of the river hahahahah

Probably very common knowledge, but I never knew that campers could show up when you already have a full town! Rarely get campers when I have 9, so seeing one pop up while my town is full was quite the surprise. Thankfully it's not a villager i'm particularly interested in!

Resetting the clock to 5.59am and waiting until 6am counts as one in game day even if the date doesn?t change! I don?t know why I never clocked this before to be honest. Its the method I?ve always used for quickly breeding bunches of hybrids. Watering the plants, waiting for 6am, collecting new spawned hybrids, change the clock back to 5.59am and rinse and repeat.

Only Avery moved out on my 3rd cycle....

i only found out last year that you could to the shovel thing with rocks. i had no idea.

I just found out that you can fish from the cliff if it's overlooking the sea. I never thought to do that until I saw a guide on catching the king salmon.

I recently learned that you can only have a certain number of items in each room of your houses and i'm disappointed :(

still disappointed about the PWP limit too

Last edited:
Paintings and statues are
not
catalogued.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just found out that you can fish from the cliff if it's overlooking the sea. I never thought to do that until I saw a guide on catching the king salmon.

I saw Epona doing that a few weeks ago. Of course, her house is right there, so it makes sense, but was still cute.

You can also fish the waterfall from the top.

Back