Things you didn't know about forever?

Well, reading this thread I just learned that amiibos don't ping to move out.

A blessing and a curse. I have I think 3-4 amiibo move-ins. I wish there was an option to let them move out without replacing them with someone else who won't ever move.
Oooh good!! I only asked Zucker to move in so I'm completely fine with him staying forever, lol!

Last edited:
^This is not true at all. Amiibo villagers can ping to move out, but they do so at a far rarer rate than usual, especially if you only have a few of them. The odds of one wanting to move increase the more you have I'm town, however - in my town of Hawthorn for example, all my villagers were amiibo move-ins and they ping me every few days regardless now.

When you hold A with the net equipped so you can sneak up on a bug, the music gets quieter.

Recently found out that when you want a patterned tree stump you can swing the golden axe twice and the silver for the 3rd time only! I'd been doing three swings with the silver axe which is a waste since they break.

Wait, can you elaborate? Like if you have both the golden and the silver axes then on swing 1 you hit it with the golden then again for the 2nd and on the 3rd you hit it with a silver axe?
Or 3 with silver

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just learned that gyroids only show up (underground obviously) the day after it rains or snows!!!! I thought it was completely random..

Wait, can you elaborate? Like if you have both the golden and the silver axes then on swing 1 you hit it with the golden then again for the 2nd and on the 3rd you hit it with a silver axe?
Or 3 with silver

You do the first two swings with the golden axe and then the third with the silver axe. This still gives you a patterned stump, but you don't wear out the silver axe as much.

You do the first two swings with the golden axe and then the third with the silver axe. This still gives you a patterned stump, but you don't wear out the silver axe as much.

Alternatively you can do the first 2 swings with a normal axe. The normal axe can still break, but it's worth much less than a silver axe.

Alternatively you can do the first 2 swings with a normal axe. The normal axe can still break, but it's worth much less than a silver axe.
That's awesome! Is the golden axe just unbreakable?
I just read through all 65 pages of this thread and learned so much!
1. Harvey will give you throwing beans if you talk to him enough while he's feeding birds
2. You can spill your coffee or lose your balloon if you trip ):
3. If you replant a pitfall seed out of the way no more will spawn
4. The board on the outside of the exhibits in the museum tells you what's been donated already!

Shari moved out of my town several weeks ago. Before moving she made me bury a time capsule. Never asked me to dig it up anymore cause she moved. Only few days ago I received a letter from her, telling me that seeing now she’s far away I could dig up the time capsule and keep it for myself as a memory of her! So cute and kinda sad

I didn’t know about the BFF messaging system until recently, but that’s probably because I really rarely use online play

I didn’t know that certain customizations could be different colors: I didn’t know the Modern House could have different colored poles, and I didn’t know that your train station windows/roof could be a different color either. I thought they were always green.

I feel like there was something painfully obvious that I didn’t know, but if I remember what it is I’ll post it here. I promise I have had incredibly stupid moments.

I knew that Isabelle is so named because she is a bell... but I just recently realised that she kinda jingles when she walks! Adorable.

I didn't realize that gyroids could be turned off! I was always a bit weirded out by them and I found their perpetual noise/movement a bit annoying, so I only recently started to use them for a room I'm building. I was really surprised when I touched one and it froze!

- - - Post Merge - - -

This isn't that major, but I just discovered that you can tell what clothes will be sold tomorrow at Able Sisters by looking at what Sable is working on.

I have been wondering that for a while now but I kept forgetting to check! That's really neat :)

Mannequins( I think thats how you spell it) I have a prima guide for new leaf, that includes a full list of items in the game, except it doesnt mention them anywhere

I didn't realize that gyroids could be turned off! I was always a bit weirded out by them and I found their perpetual noise/movement a bit annoying, so I only recently started to use them for a room I'm building. I was really surprised when I touched one and it froze!

Another cool thing you can do with turning them off is that you can turn them back on and change how they are timed with the other gyroids in the room! :eek: For example, you can make a row of gyroids make their distinct sounds left to right in order (or vice versa). :)

i didn't know you could press start to end the "multiplayer session" when someone/people visit/s your town. i didn't know until recently when me and my girlfriend were playing together and told me, haha.

This is such a cute thread, I love it! I'm learning a lot just going through and reading these, hahaha.

I actually learned recently about emotes in general but I noticed other NPCs would follow after I always demonstrated them after learning and Shrunk would do it with me!

I played the game hardcore for like 3 weeks back in Dec2016 when I first started, but then stopped for a year and a half until recently, so I've learned a lot of really basic stuff too that I had no idea about before! Sometimes villagers will talk to each other and you can listen in, sometimes villagers will be in specific moods like thinking or sad or angry, you can upgrade your store, you can get music free on Saturday from kk, upgrading museum gives you a shop and 4 extra rooms of storage, etc... Truly incredible...

I just learned that when you take out a silver/golden tool it shines

Lucky clover can be planted.
I'm playing since 2013 and I never noticed it before.

For the longest time when I first got ACNL years ago, I couldn't tell what personality Shep and Marshal were. I thought Shep was a lazy and Marshal was a smug (well he is but at the time I wasn't sure). Both Shep and Marshal talked about food and trains which it what confused me.

I'm finding out a ton of new information thanks to this thread!

One that I didn't see yet that I didn't know about until recently is that you can drag part of your pro design patterns to swap or copy it with another. If I knew that earlier, it would've saved me so much time and effort.

- That you can skip Kappn's songs by mashing the buttons
- That you can read the sign outside the museum 😓
- (I've known this one for a while but it still took me about a year before I learned it lol) - that villagers who you're friends with will wave when you call them with the megaphone, while villagers who you aren't close with only look around startled

Back