• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

I?m embarrassed to post this. No one?s probably going to top this, but today, I accidentally pressed B while walking and trampled on a flower. So there?s another button to run this whole time? *Mistaken emote*

I’m embarrassed to post this. No one’s probably going to top this, but today, I accidentally pressed B while walking and trampled on a flower. So there’s another button to run this whole time? *Mistaken emote*

There goes me: "wait there is another run button besides B?!?"

For the longest time I didn't know Sable even existed. When I was walking around the Able Sisters I suddenly saw her and I was like "wait who is this?"
When she ignored me, I figured that she wouldn't get friendly and never talked to her again until I left my big hiatus.

I was plot resetting after I replaced a few villagers and when I went with Nook to set up my tent I was able to knock down the windmill PWP. So now I know that if I ever want a PWP gone right away - and for free - all I have to do is make a new character. Won’t work with bridges ofc.

i never knew that you could store designs with mable until recently lol, my mind was blown.

Last edited:
Those flower fairy boots that you win in puzzle league makes footsteps as if you weren't wearing any shoes!

Before reading the ACNL habits thread I had no idea that the horn in campers' RV:s could be honked. :D Now I'll have to start honking horns more often!

learned just a few mins ago that if you keep talking to the same villager multiple times, they'll go into a thinking mode (walk around with the thought emotion) once they've run out of things to say, and state that they 'can't talk right now' or the like. never knew that

That you can see what you have in the museum by checking the board outside of it! Lol I used to go through the rooms to see what I had and didn't have

yoooo i thought bluebear was a boy due to that little mistranslated thing.
took me forever to realize they were a girl.

learned just a few mins ago that if you keep talking to the same villager multiple times, they'll go into a thinking mode (walk around with the thought emotion) once they've run out of things to say, and state that they 'can't talk right now' or the like. never knew that

WOW! I always thought they'd get mad, sarcastic, passive-aggressive or annoyed at you (call me a traditionalist, back in the day that happened so I never pushed it) but that's a nifty change! Do you know about how many times? (Also kind of a laughable knock at the game/fourth wall break if you ask me. xD)

WOW! I always thought they'd get mad, sarcastic, passive-aggressive or annoyed at you (call me a traditionalist, back in the day that happened so I never pushed it) but that's a nifty change! Do you know about how many times? (Also kind of a laughable knock at the game/fourth wall break if you ask me. xD)

Its definitely not too often, I would guess after talking 7-10 times? I had to push it when cycling recently (such a small forum isn?t it , I think you posted on my tutorial?) because I wanted to trigger the spechial dialogues for "villager is moving" or "no villager moving". Those can take a while to come out (sadly), they much rather talk about irrelevant stuff than tell me someone is moving soon...
It?s pretty interesting to just follow them afterwards and listen to them talking to themselves. Diana kept talking about plans she had with other villagers.^^

On that note, I recently found out that you get very cute dialoge if you listen in on conversations between villagers. If two of them bump into eachother and start showing emotions, you can talk to one of them and whitness the entire conversation. I think last time Merengue was talking to Molly about the cookies she gave her and they exchanged tips for the recipe...so precious ♥︎

Last edited:
Yesterday during the Bug off I just noticed that the villagers were actually trying to catch the bugs!!!! Not just holding the net!!!
I saw Marshal doing that action first, like us when we hold the A button trying to catch a bug. And I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but he actually followed the bug. They all looked so cute. I then followed & observed Punchy, and he failed to catch the bug and he did the shocked emote. I can't believe I'm just seeing this. I did not know! Also because before, during the bug off I often spend my time catching on the island, but this time around I just gave Natt my bugs from my inventory so I spent a lot of time in my town.

It was so funny when Muffy was trying to catch a bug, but I accidentally pressed A and talked to her & she got upset. She was screaming WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I'M CATCHING A BUG, then the usual upset emote. I love the bug off now omg.

Was probably too long before I realized there were money rocks and rocks that gave gemstones

Back