• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

I had no idea about this as well. No wonder why I couldn't get other bridges requested since I built 3 cobblestone ones straight away for ease of access

i have benches in my town and i see them sit on it all the time...even a tree stump i forgot to dig up after cutting it down...so cute lol

I had no idea about this as well. No wonder why I couldn't get other bridges requested since I built 3 cobblestone ones straight away for ease of access

I haven't built the 3rd bridge I feel like for so long now, hoping to get a suggestion.. still none. So you're both not missing out much

i didn't know when you scan reese's amiibo...wisp will be in re-tail and can't give you the turnip price for that day....he's pretty cute...

06.13.2018 (11).JPG

I didn't know we could skip kappn's songs by mashing B. It has been 2,5 years, hurts to think all the time I wasted so far

Last edited:
That you can sell your stuff in Re-Tail for the highest price possible by multiplying your base price by 4 and subtracting 1 Bell!!!

I didn't know for the longest time that trash bin furniture was actually really good. Before, I'd just bury rotten oranges and dig them up again, but being able to throw them out is so much easier.

After looking through some of this thread; I had no idea items displaced by the tents would go to the police station ;;o ;;
Ended up losing a few gold tools at the time in my old village, and some other items//

I just found out one of the bugs I was missing was a fly, I had no idea how to get one so I had to look it up. I've had ACNL since 2013. ;;;

For some reason, I thought paths were a PWP, instead of being made by yourself, or scanned through a QR Code on placed on the ground. I also didn’t even understand the purpose of qr codes, so I have no idea I could make my own wallpapers, customize furniture, place designs anywhere I wanted to, or wear qr outfits. Definitely a pitiful moment for me to remember ;n; I also thought time traveling was only for hacked systems, for the longest time, so that’s probably where my irrational fear of TT-ing comes fro, even though I know it can’t corrupt your game, I guess I just fear I’ll lose my dreamies in the process?? Who knows. I also didn’t know dream towns were pretty much an exact carbon copy of your town, and thought it was a second town you created in the dream suite and customized however you wanted. Big ol dumb mistake that was.

The text displayed when you catch a butterfly fish is different for the mayor and residents!

For the mayor it'll say: As mayor, welcome to my pockets!
for a resident it'll say: Keep flying, fishy!

I JUST noticed this yesterday when I was playing on my secondary character and caught a butterfly fish XD

My sister just told me this now, but hermit crabs won't appear unless you actually walk over the blue shells on the beach, and they pop right out. Blew my mind. :'o

Courtesy of Tumblr:

animalcrossingqrdesigns:

Guys

I just realised

In New Leaf, snowman items sell for 8888 Bells.

There are four types snow people in New Leaf.

THE NUMBER LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE FAMILY

☃︎☃︎☃︎☃︎

(via f---yeah-animalcrossing)

Items displaced by the tents?

abella-chan means that if you leave items on the ground near your town tree where Redd, the fortune teller, and special events tents get set up, the items will be displaced by the tents. :) I learned this the hard way, too.

I found out today that town tunes have a purpose....
After trying to make one in WW I couldn?t figure out if the tune is played anywhere or in any other way visible to visitors, so I never did anything with them in CF or NL.
Today I asked around and someone explained that the villagers hum the tune when you talk to them and that it plays every full hour...
blew my mind and now everyone in my town hums moonlight densetsu :blush:

Tbh I didn't know you could talk to a villager too much. I was talking a lot to Fauna and I got so scared when she got the thinking bubble, I thought she hated me!

Back