• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

So, I knew about K.K. playing KK Birthday for you on the Saturday before your birthday (or on your birthday if it happens to fall on a Saturday).

However, what I did not know until recently was that if you go to Club LOL on your birthday and it is not a Saturday, meaning DJ KK will be there, DJ KK will play KK Birthday for you then too! I happened to go on my birthday and noticed that he played that song every few minutes, usually right after your town tune plays and a picture of you appears.

I had completely forgotten about his playing Happy Birthday for the mayor! Thanks! Didn't know about the rest, either. Cool!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never knew you could 'wish' on a 'shooting star' during the meteor showers. Like It's honestly so adorable and makes my heart melt whenever I see it, it's so adorable.

I also didn't know about getting beans. You just talk to Harvey when he's feeding the birds and he'll give you a box. It's so cute watching the litter birds fly down and peck at them. It's even cuter running through them and scaring them all away.

I love scaring the birds away while Harv is feeding them. Wait until they are all on the ground and he stops throwing seed for a bit. His reaction is priceless.

I NEVER knew that!! Thanks for the info!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only learned a few days ago that if you find Leif sleeping in town and wake him, he will give you a hybrid flower bag?? It has never happened to me, I have never found him sleeping and I have sixteen towns and been playing since Day One.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I have two! I didn't know for the longest time that if you don't hold your net, the tarantula and scorpion WILL NOT attack you! I used to avoid summer nights from intense fear of being attacked. Then I learned they won't attack you if you walk without your net. Once you see them, equip your net, but walk slowly and they will stand still in attack position but not attack. Then BOOM, they are caught.

The second one is that if you shake trees while holding your net you don't have to run to catch bees. When a hive falls you automatically will face the hive. Snap down your net and BOOM, bee caught.

Those are the two I things I didn't know :)

Hybrid flower bag? ;o; is this like if he's there about the weeds and you pluck them all before you wake him?

Maybe someone already said this, but I found out yesterday, that if you have already laid out all your paths, and then you decide you want to change your path pattern - you don't have to manually erase the tiles and then manually lay all the new tiles in their place. You can just drag the new pattern on top of the current pattern and click "copy" and it'll change all those paths automatically. This is a HUGE time saver. I had no idea, until I accidentally did it to one of my patterns yesterday. lol Not sure if this is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

I didnt know that you could dive in the ocean in your town, I thought you could only dive at the island!! I felt so dumb when I found out I could do both haha..

If you stand on a cliff above the water, you can press A and you will jump off the cliff into the water.

That when you push a lucky cat, sometimes they will meow! It scared me when I first heard it!

I didn't realize for a long time (about the first year the game was out) that you can press a button to interact with a face standee. I thought you just pushed up on the d-pad to change the view. I wondered how other people seemed to be closer to the standee than I could get, and how they were making faces while using it. Later I figured out that the reason I never knew this is that I would constantly walk around with a shovel or other tool in my hand, so even when I would push the button, I wasn't interacting with the standee.

I'm extra glad I finally figured it out, because the standees are some of my favorite patterns to make. :p

Last edited:
I saw a villager pull out a weed.
I didn't know they did that.

I saw that with my own eyes for the first time today. Thanks, Olaf.

I didn't know that I couldn't wake Gulliver whilst my town gate was open. I got so frustrated that I asked my friend to have a try. Which was never going to work.

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

Time to knock down a bridge... dammit. I never knew this. Thanks for sharing!
I've been waiting for the wooden bridge to be suggested for ages.

If you press on the Mouth of Truth when it's inside a house, bad things happen to good people.

I may have known this in the GC days (my strategy guide mentioned it), but it freaked me out when I saw it happen in my mom's house.

Last edited:
It is possible that I encountered this in the past and simply forgot it, but just a moment ago I was visiting The Roost caf? and one of my Snooty villagers was sitting at the counter. She said that she sometimes wishes the caf? offered meals like breakfast or lunch. There was then a conversation between her and Brewster where Brewster said he only knows how to make coffee and she responded that she was just joking. I don't know if other villager personalities have the same potential for conversations with Brewster, but it was neat to see considering they usually just invite you to sit down or make some other one-line comment.

It is possible that I encountered this in the past and simply forgot it, but just a moment ago I was visiting The Roost caf? and one of my Snooty villagers was sitting at the counter. She said that she sometimes wishes the caf? offered meals like breakfast or lunch. There was then a conversation between her and Brewster where Brewster said he only knows how to make coffee and she responded that she was just joking. I don't know if other villager personalities have the same potential for conversations with Brewster, but it was neat to see considering they usually just invite you to sit down or make some other one-line comment.

Smugs can also have these conversations with Brewster.

Just the other day, Mashal was actually offering to treat me (AHHHH!!) and he ordered food for me & Brewster said something about only selling coffee too.

Another new thing I noticed a moment ago. I've had Lucha for some time but decided to move him out of the town he's in to invite someone else in, both because his house was in an awkward spot and because the newcomer would fit the theme of the town better. Somehow I never encountered this little tidbit until he was in boxes, but apparently sometimes if he's mistaken about something his eyes will form into x's as if he was in a cartoon and was knocked out. The specific context here being that he accidentally packed his coat for special occasions in the same box as the rest of his clothes and he considered it a faux pas. I say mistaken since that's the same emotion as the Mistaken one you can get from Dr. Shrunk.

if you shake a tree and a bee hive falls down, hit start and save + continue and the bees will be gone. alternatively, beehives will not drop if your gate is open.

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

I didn't know this! I have three bridges, but they are the cobblestone bridges and I wanted a different one. Thanks for sharing!

Back