things that are okay to suck at/what do you suck at?

I suck at singing. I think it’s ok to suck at that as long as you’re not trying to make it a career and you’re singing by yourself. <3

I'm terrible at all athletics, as well as art and design. Sometimes I draw anyway because it's fun to see images in my mind down on paper, but I'm truly awful at it.

I suck at painting, sports, playing video games even though that is one of my only hobbies along with painting, and yeah and painting. I suck at mostly everything I do, I’m not that special and I have no special talents that make me unique, the only thing I’m a little bit good at is school, and even then I started getting B-‘s during the second semester xD currently I’m trying to get back at painting but I’m not really sure that I would be good at it lol. I think it’s okay to suck at things because you can only achieve success by failing

i’m not new at it but i honestly kind of suck at doing makeup. i have such a passion for it and while i’ve definitely improved over the last few years, i’m nowhere near being a professional and there’s still so much room for some more improvement. still, even though i’m not great at it, practice makes perfect and i love doing my makeup, regardless aha

It always happens that I feel no one because I can't do things that other can do, it's internet and everyone who can do something would show it to everyone :)
for example lately I am avoiding Instagram because there is so much trash that makes me feel no one that it is better to not open that app.

stuff i'm bad at but enjoy anyway: singing, playing video games, cooking, swimming, any kind of textile craft, most science, writing, indoor gardening

stuff i'm bad at and actively avoid: maths, 90% of sports, organisation, any kind of conflict, dancing, social situations with an expectation of femininity (eg. haircuts, weddings), being emotionally vulnerable lol but i'm workin on it

I am really bad at video games that require good reflexes. I usually have to do something 20-30 times before I can get it right, whereas my bf can do it on the first try. I am also really bad at confronting people; I remember this one time I was forced into a situation where I had to tell my boss about something another boss was doing that was going to ruin a project and get a bunch of us in hot water, and I was literally shaking all over as I was meeting with her because the whole thing stressed me out so much. I'm pretty timid when it comes to stuff like that.

I suck at handwriting due to dyspraxia, good thing I’ve managed to adapt to doing math without handwriting and have been quite successful at it too. Also I’m not the best writer.
Also,I’m not that good at video games,but then again what the hell is the point in being good at them.

I was born with diplopia in my left eye, meaning close or fast moving objects often split into two. While I’ve been able to adapt in my day to day life, any sport involving balls is impossible. My eyes just can’t keep up.

I'm really bad at MOBA and fps games, so it's not fun for me and I do not play them. It sucks because I have so many friends that play them (as like their main game) and I feel like I would be closer to them if I did :(

To be honest I’m pretty bad at most things, and not for a lack of practice or trying! I love drawing and art but when I compare it to others... well let’s just say I have a unique style! To end on a positive note, however, I’m extremely good at Escape Rooms!

I’m horrid at shading my art, so I’ve designed a simpler style that doesn’t require shading.

also, I cannot snap my fingers to save my life...

I suck at pretty much everything. Only things I’m good at are martial arts and writing, but everything else I’m terrible at. I would say that I just laugh it off and have a positive attitude to deal with it, but then I realize that doesn’t matter because I still suck, lol.

If it's not math or programming, I'm bad at it. The latter of which I have very little knowledge in (Python and Mathematica), but I notice programming comes very naturally to me. I've noticed I can't even do related subjects like physics and chemistry. It's been a hot minute since I've programmed so I'd need to refresh myself on it (especially Python) before I continue taking CS classes in the spring.

I'm good at some things related to math and programming. I've been told I'm good at teaching, and I'm good at technical writing. But overall math and programming is all I'm good at. I'm not at all athletic, or artistic, or good at games.

That being said, I exercise everyday, both running and weightlifting, despite being not great at either. I enjoy exercising though so that's all that matters. I also play a lot of Nintendo games (AC included, of course!) but don't find myself particularly good at any of them.

Edit: wait actually a specific thing in programming I couldn't do was Matlab. I still haven't gotten good at Matlab.

I have autism, so I struggle a lot with social skills, like reading and understanding cues, humor, or managing my own frustrations when things don't go as planned. It's caused numerous issues with employment and friendship over the years, but thankfully my spouse "gets" me, so I've got marriage going for me at least. :)

I also have a degree of dyspraxia and have some visual-spatial issues as well (not uncommon for women on the spectrum), so it took me awhile to get my driver's license when I was younger, for example. To this day (I'm an ancient 35 years old), I still need GPS or Google Maps to get anywhere; if it's not a familiar route or with familiar landmarks, I will get lost and be unable to figure out how to get from one place to the next.

These same struggles also extend to cooking. Thankfully, my husband is a picky eater and can live off cereal and protein shakes, so he doesn't mind that I cannot conceptualize or carry out any kind of complex recipes. My cooking is limited to things like scrambling eggs (which I still tend to sometimes burn/brown), cooking soups in a saucepan over the stovetop, frying/sauteeing very simple things with a skillet, or cooking pizza, chicken, or fish in the oven. I don't know how to make things like casseroles or know how to use a crockpot and other common and nearly universal cooking skills that most others know how to do with ease.

I started learning violin 2 years ago and while I learned quickly in the beginning, I hit a plateau and I hated every mistake and the fact that I don't sound perfect. Now of course this is normal. But seeing 9 year olds at very advanced levels makes me feel very inadequate and insecure. I actually kind of gave up on it and haven't touched it in almost a year. I got discouraged at every mistake and basically sabotaged my own progress because of it and I really regret it.. maybe I should get back into it..

I'm not that great at anything tbh 😂 I've never really had a go-to talent. I suck at sports and anything athletic, so I've avoided them like the plague. My courses at uni have taught me that I suck at programming, it's one of those things you pick up immediately or never get.

I'm not the most creative ideas person, but I still continue to do design-based things, like graphic art and designing an AC island and I do enjoy it.

Tbh I’m not great at anything LOL.
Just average, slightly above average or below average for most things ^^’
Like athletics, music, art, programming, my job, cooking, relationships, gaming, the list goes on. There’s so much room for improvement everywhere.

I guess it’s better to be below average or suck at something than not know how to do it at all :p

I'm not so good with directions, I always get lost no matter where I go 😣, I also can't whistle. Currently I'm learning how to knit, I still suck at it but I hope I improve soon!

-Directions. Also maps. I'm even worse at maps.
-Measurements. If you tell me how tall you are, I can't picture it in my head at all.
-Rhythm games. Apparently I barely have a sense of rhythm? Well, at least my brother can play those games.
-Memory. I've noticed I'm only able to remember certain things lately. I'm more likely to remember things I'm interested in.
-Focusing. I've had many, many moments where my brother tried to talk to me but my mind was somewhere else and I didn't listen.

Back