• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like shopping at a mall or online?

For clothes, mall or online?

• Mall 100%

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Online 100%

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Half and Half

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • I don’t have a mall near me, so online

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gabby

Ancient Member
Bells
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
I recently went to my local mall over the weekend and I was shocked at how busy it was. I really thought they were falling to the wayside, but the mall was popping. I like walking around a mall but it’s also pretty overwhelming and I don’t like the crowds for much more than like a half hour.

Pretty much online 100%. It's just way more convenient and easier for me. Plus a lot of malls are dead these days or going out of style.

I think I prefer shopping online but I don't mind shopping at a mall if it's with my mom; I like to point to the ugliest clothes and tell her that I'm gonna get it for her for Christmas 😝 it's a long running inside joke

I love going to malls to browse and walk around but it’s incredibly rare that I buy anything while I’m there. I prefer online 100% when I actually want to find what I’m looking for lol

i much prefer shopping online for the convenience. malls used to be pretty dead but i think lately since post covid malls have been getting popular again. unfortunately i just don't like dealing with limited choices and expensive prices.

half/half. depends on the situation: some things you can't get in a mall so i'll buy online, i also like the convenience of being able to shop whenever (for better or for worse.) however if i can, i'd like to buy clothes in-store to make sure it looks good, feels good etc. convenience of speed.

I'm primarily an online shopper, but I don't mind malls either. I do most of my holiday shopping at malls.

It depends what I'm after. Fun stuff I tend to buy in-person. Essentials I'll just have delivered.

Boy, I haven't been to a mall in over 12 years! I really wanna go back to one to experience how it feels to shop there once more.

My mom and I are mostly online shoppers at amazon, so it may seem that I might not go back to a mall anytime soon.

I haven't ordered clothing online before. I don't even have an Amazon account lol. I need to modernize myself clearly.

i still like walking around the mall, even if i don’t actually end up buying anything. some things are in store online, some are online only 🤷🏻‍♀️
i like online shopping because there’s more options but the shipping!!! it hurts me

I wish there was an option for "other" because i don't buy clothes at a mall or online. I always buy my clothes secondhand at thrift stores, it's amazing how much nice stuff you can find sometimes. I can't justify paying full price for brand new clothes when very gently used clothes are recycled in thrift shops for much less $$. and I pretty much refuse to buy clothes online because I want to be able to try them on before I buy them.

i do buy a lot of stuff online if it's something i think of in the moment, or a rogue thing. i also buy a lot of second hand clothes off vinted. but nothing beats going and wandering about a shopping centre and looking at everything in person!

I haven't ordered clothing online before. I don't even have an Amazon account lol. I need to modernize myself clearly.
I feel like clothes are kind of a crapshoot. If a place lets you order and try it on and then return it no fuss that would be one thing, but not a lot of places do that.

I personally like going out and looking at the stuff I am going to buy. Sometimes you can't gauge the quality from picture and could end up with some cheap crap whereas you can immediately figure out in person if the quality is good or worth the purchase. Some of the stuff I buy can end up being big where some places won't ship and if they do it would be an insane shipping fee.

Reactions: oak
it's half and half-ish for me. i think i like to go to the mall to figure out sizing and if i like the styles a certain store has. when it comes to actually buying stuff, i feel like i can find better stock on their online store i end up doing that more often than not.

there's certain stores that are more convenient to shop from in person like personal care/beauty etc so those i shop exclusively in person.

It's half and half for me. I'll usually look online first. The closest mall is still a good drive away but if there's something specific I'm looking for, like shoes, I definitely prefer to see them in person so I can try them out.

There are things I like being able to try on first but, unfortunately, the mall is so overpriced compared to deals online.
So I wouldn't say I really shop there.

I like shopping for clothes in-person so that I can try them first. I also like going out to the mall whenever I can, though I normally go clothes shopping at nearby department stores cuz they're more affordable for my budget.

Back