• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The state of the forum at the moment

fakemuseum

Bells
Switch
6879-9689-7455
New Horizons Token
I’m aware that this may happen because I got old. But in my opinion, I feel that the atmosphere of the forum has changed drastically. I first joined the forum when the release of New Leaf, the game was fine but the community here was so lovely(maybe because it’s nostalgic). In contrast, I do enjoy NH a lot more but every time I check the forum I only got negative feeling. I don’t have any problem with negative comments or rant but when 70% of the the forum filled with them (and more than a half are somehow identical), I couldn’t help but feel like browsing through a Nintendo customer support forum instead of a fan community.

I don’t demand anyone to change anything but I’ve got the feeling for sometimes and didn’t feel healthy to keep it myself. So I just want to express my opinion.

And sorry that I’m myself also complain like an old man lol

But just couldn’t believe there will be a time when reddit is more positive and stress-free than tbt lol

Yeah, I actually get where you’re coming from, and have recently even felt a bit bad about some of my own complaints. It’s good to vent once in a while, but I do hope that the forums stay a positive experience for everybody ♡

I also think everybody might calm down a bit now that Nintendo has proven they’re working on new content and updating the game with some of the missing (and mourned) features!

This is quite surprising since I found that reddit had a lot more negative comments about ACNH compared to this forum nowadays. I understand how you feel though, I also enjoy ACNH a lot more than NL too and in the first few weeks there were quite a lot of negative threads which made me feel bad, like I shouldn't be enjoying the game since it seemed like a majority of people weren't. However, people with subpar experiences are more likely to air their grievances compared to others who are busy enjoying NH, so it might look like there's a large amount of players who don't like it.

I've also noticed that there aren't that much ranting threads these days compared to the past so like what others have said, I'm sure with more updates that Nintendo is going to release, the community would go back to how it was like before.

i find that the forum isn’t all that negative but then again, i do tend to stray away from the more negative threads as i don’t feel like arguing with anyone. and while there certainly is a lot that can be improved or added, nintendo has shown us that new content will be dished out which i think will soothe a few of people’s worries on here ;u;

i think the biggest issue is the direction nintendo went in for this instalment - that direction being dishing content out over a period of time, instead of it all being there from the get-go. while some players have likely experienced this type of thing with other games such as splatoon, it’s new to the animal crossing community and so i think we just need some time to adjust and realize that while we may not have everything correctly, we should remain hopeful that we’ll be reintroduced to any missing features or npcs in the feature

I’ve been actually looking at this forum since 2016 and made an account so I can trade, get info and talk about the games. In my honest opinion TBT and ACC (Animal crossing community forum) are probably the least negative communities and most cleanest I’ve seen so far.

Last edited:
On god. I'm tired of the recent TT discourse like, this wasn't here during NL. Why be antsy now? I'm glad there's an Island Journal board now. At least I have something better to do/look at. I didn't exactly come to TBT to be stressed and be branded as a heathen/war criminal just for the timey-wimey hijinks. I just want to trade and barter man...lol.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel there's too much of a difference, honestly. Just a lot of new faces.

Well I've only showed up here recently honestly so i don't believe i have TO much of a say here but i totally believe you with that lol like with more new people showing up not too much of a shocker :\

I have been playing since Wild World, but have only been a lurker until around late New Leaf.

My honest opinion on AC communities is that the reason why any type of toxicity or discourse is taken so heavily is because of branding the community as so "wholesome" and "amazing". Fact is all communities have toxicity, because it's the nature of the internet nowadays (unfortunately). While AC communities might not be as straight forward toxic as some others I've been part of, a lot of passive aggressiveness still exists. e// Which I personally sometimes think as even worse than just honestly being toxic at my face.

I feel like the reason you feel it has changed is either the communities being smaller during New Leaf or indeed nostalgia goggles. I personally have seen some level of negativity during this whole time.

Last edited:
I think it all depends on who you talk to and what you use the forum for.
Ive been having a good time for the most part recently.

i'm in that big 'official' acnh discord server and boy all of the pro-entry fee vs anti-entry fee and pro-tt vs anti-tt arguments...

when i was selling turnips back in new leaf on tbt, i don't recall all but one person who charged x% of your profit as an entry fee of some sort. i might have just been blind to the people who did charge a fee ~5 years ago though

Yeah, every day there's just a person making a rant thread instead of contributing to a healthier state of the forum.

Yeah, no, this community is far and away the most positive of any AC community I've been around. Saying that, I don't recommend you visit any of the others.

in my experience, it's far and away the most positive of any community, period(t).
time travel debates, negativity threads and any of the other dumb debates occasionally held here are the bane of my life, but also they're kind of to be expected from any online community at some point. if you put a load of people together they're probably not going to have exactly the same opinions on everything you bring up, and making posts on hot topics guarantees you loads of replies lol (and people also love to share their hot take)

I browse the NH section of this forum quite a bit though, and there's definitely some fun/interesting discussions to join in on or read through. as long as you avoid threads you don't wanna deal with (which is usually pretty obvious from the title) then I think you'll have a mostly positive experience. most of the people are super nice here

So many new people have joined; dynamics of the forum and it’s community change, but so much stays the same too! I feel that’s an aspect of getting older too.

The Bell Tree feels a little different but for me personally, it’s because we’ve grown from something so small to something so big. Thousands of people, members and guests alike visit the Bell Tree bringing with them their own experiences and personalities. We have people all across the WORLD here! What attitude might be appropriate in one part of the world is seen as rude in another.

Of course we don’t expect everyone to stand each other but we do expect everyone to respect each other. If you ever see people arguing or just not getting along, make a report so someone can mediate. A lot of the time, there just needs to be a third party to talk to individuals and calm a situation down. Our rules are to ensure the best possible experience here as we can provide but we rely on the members of the community to help make that happen. Most people clean up their attitudes after having spoken to a staff member!

Most of my experience on the Bell Tree has been positive but I have seen some crazy things go down. Thankfully, I work with a pretty good team to keep the forum as friendly and inviting to all as possible.

I really do care about all of you and it’s my hope that you all enjoy the forum. If ever you have an issue, please talk to me or another of the staff!

I agree. The dynamic and feel of the forums is just... lackluster.

Great. Same rant about if TTing is cheating or not. Isn't this the 9th thread THIS WEEK?
Another person complaining about villager pricing. Oh. There it is. Always turns into TTer faults and mentions of 'you had to cheat or exploit to get all those resources' when you really didn't have to nor did you have to even TT to get them you lazy brat. Only the 3rd one today like this~
I wonder what the new posts are... Villager sale. Villager Sale. Shop. Shop. Shop. Villager Auction that is totally a scam. Come get this DIY from my villager crafting but entrance fee is 5NMT+!
Oh finally! A real thread to talk abo- and it got derailed by the TTing or How people have to be exploiting the game posts. GREAT

There seems to be a lack of genuine, open game discussion going on at the moment.

Hopefully once the game has been out for a few months the herd will thin back out and we can get back to the "good 'ol times" where we had more discussions, food for thoughts, inspirations, random topics, helpful tips, and all of those sorts of things. In the meantime, enjoy the ride and be the positive in the community

This forum has changed a lot since NH release. I find Reddit to be more positive than this forum right now.

Back