• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

are you more STEM or creative?

which one?

• STEM

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • arts

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • mixture of both

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • neither

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

JellyBeans

only half awake
Bells
Switch
2122-3699-2125
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Heart Balloon
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sweet Feather
Poptart Easter Egg
I couldn’t think of the best way to word it but do you prefer more scientific/maths based subjects, or more arts-y (I’m going broad with this definition, anything that’s more language/essay based as well as literal art).

I’m a STEM girlie to my core! as much as I like a good essay, I don’t like how open to interpretation everything is and would rather be writing facts and statements than having to think of opinions and arguments

Both. I have three degrees, two in the life sciences and one in the creative industries.

I work as a science technician and I have creative hobbies.

Also both. I think most people should have creative hobbies and technical hobbies if they can help it. For me, gamedev mixes both.

I’m definitely STEM here. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, and I haven’t taken a proper arts class since my middle school years.

Puh! Best I can do is count to 100 without using my fingers... 😎 (using them up to 50 doesn't count! it's real hard, okay??) 😣 But hey! I didn't make it where I am today using calculations and formulas. 💫🤪👈 I'm not STEM. I'm SWAG. Ever heard of it? 😜 Many of the cool things I know how to do I learned it myself, 'cause I didn't pay attention in school and they taught us lame stuff anyway. 🥱 As long as I know how to spell my own name (if I write the "e" backwards it still counts) I'm sure I'll do just fine.😁👍

Creative 100%. I'm not a brainiac and never will be and that's okay. Sadly though, I won't be making a lot of money doing creative work compared to someone doing more brain heavy jobs. rip. Artists are totally under appreciated.

Arts for sure. I can understand and use technology easily but I don’t always understand how it is able to work and I’m absolutely terrible at math and science unless it’s basic physics and geometry.

I'd say arts even though I am not very good at it. I think I have pretty interesting ideas, just not the skills to do anything with them. I would make so many more OCs if I was better at drawing...

Arts 100%. I love the sciences and find them endlessly fascinating but anything involved with maths or graphs and I’m immediately lost. In school I excelled at art, music and languages and nearly failed maths, chemistry and physics 🥲

i LOVE science, i do like that its very to the point of "right or wrong" without much space for guessing. dealing with absolutes is nice to me. at the same time, i really love having creativity and being able to formulate an argument or map out a story.

that being said, i absolutely SUCK at both of these so neither LMAOOOOO

In terms of school: STEM! I've taken like... one art course in HS and took as few arts/humanities courses as possible. I'm in CS, and have just always really liked numbers, formulas, application of mathematics, programming, etc. -- things that don't feel like rote memorization for me or feels too subjective. I have the memory of a goldfish.

But outside of school, I like both! Having creative outlets and making things is fun for me - whether it's creating things via programming or via art or a combination.

i would say i’m mostly stem with a little bit of creative! math was my favorite subject growing up, i have my degree in math, and now i teach it and i kinda hate how it’s ignored when it comes to talking about stem (at least in my experience). i remember when i was in college all the stem events would revolve around science

Arts for sure, but specifically writing. I'm a very skilled writer when I apply myself, and I enjoy it a lot too! :blush:

Both! I love the sciences, but i also love more creative stuff. I'm not very good at drawing/graphic arts. I'm more creative with stuff like sewing (quilts, not clothing). And I love playing music! I don't always play what's written, though, haha. In school, I pretty much had all science (mostly microbiology/chemistry - not so much physics) and music performance courses (main instrument piano).

I really like sewing and quilting, though. I'm forever experimenting with different methods/styles. I think I've (finally) found my favorite method after years of trial and lots of error.

Definitely both! I find so many topics so interesting and I’m completing a biomedical science major at the moment, but I adore the arts, and have been drawing and playing guitar since I was little.

I'm better at tech and math related stuff since there's rational thinking involved. I also find it easier to figure out how something works when it's very formulaic and there are patterns to follow, and you're able to look back at your work to check it pretty quickly. I'm not very creative, though.

I would say I'm a mix of both! I work in the arts and the arts have always been my passion, but I'm also very good at math and I tend to think about things more logically/numerically.

I would say im like 75% artsy and 25% mathsy. I am defs a creative kid who loved english during school and loves drawing but recently i've been craving doing some equations or something...something i never thought i would say :ROFLMAO:

I'd say i fall more so on the creative side of things be it ways to come up with words or memes i think my grim sense of humor can come into play well when it tcomes to my own creativity.

Back