• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Nintendo Direct Madness

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
So right now, I'm see tons of Nintendo fans yelling for a Direct on Twitter.
What's fascinating about this whole, how I call it, "Direct madness", is, that
whenever the time comes where a Direct could come out, there are tons of
fake Nintendo accounts making fake Direct announcements just to get attention
(and of course people are not amused about these fakes), lots of rumors and
supposed to be leaks about certain content.

I mean, it's understandable that, if you wait for so long to finally get informations
about a game which got announced a long time ago (*cough* Animal Crossing
Switch *cough*), you start to get kinda impatient. But I have that feeling that
some people taking this sometimes a little bit too serious and exaggerate the
whole thing, to a point where they attack Nintendo and starting unnecessary
drama.

What do you think? Do you have patience to wait for Direct? Or do you also get
kinda impatient? What's your opinion about the madness that breaks out whenever
a Direct is on the way or when there are rumors about one coming soon?

I have the patience for the direct. And when it doesn't come soon, I can wait.

I'm happy to be patient & wait for the Direct so that I know the information is straight from Nintendo and can be trusted.

I usually only get incredibly impatient for Smash directs

Normal directs I can wait for

I’m patient and can wait for directs as they appear. Though I wouldn’t call four months ago a long time since AC Switch was announced. If people can’t wait to get information straight from the legitimate source, then that’s on them.

I know that their regular schedule is about once every 2-3 months for a Direct, so I don't start getting hyped for the next until Nintendo themselves post an announcement about one.

Also, I really like your avatar!!

Last edited:
People need to chill, honestly I don't care much and if there's something interesting I'll just read up afterwards. Shrugs.

More of a wait usually translates into better quality.
I don't particularly care if there's one any time soon.

Im honestly surprised about the amount of people on TBT not freaking out cause you people normally go nuts when theres potential animal crossing news

Im honestly surprised about the amount of people on TBT not freaking out cause you people normally go nuts when theres potential animal crossing news

Yeah I expected more of this thread lmao. But yeah unless there's something for 3ds I'm like mkay thanks, next.

Speaking of Animal Crossing news:

We're 13 days into 2019. Where is Animal Crossing Switch. I was promised 2019, it is now 2019. Sort it out, Reggie.

But I'm not really too bothered about the Direct.
- Metroid Prime 4 and Animal Crossing are already announced, I'm happy enough just knowing they're coming at some point.
- I'm beyond getting my hopes up for F-Zero.
- I've got so many other games I've not even touched yet, even if something I like the look of gets announced it'll probably be sat on a shelf still in shrink wrap for 6 months until I get around to it anyway.

I'll just read a TL:DR version of it the day after and watch any trailers that do interest me, same as I do for most 'game reveal' events like this.

I personally, am being extremely impatient. I'd love for a January direct, it would be the perfect birthday gift!

idc at all about these nintendo news
idc if it takes a year for the next nintendo direct
anyways its just mostly games that aren't actually new for the switch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Speaking of Animal Crossing news:

We're 13 days into 2019. Where is Animal Crossing Switch. I was promised 2019, it is now 2019. Sort it out, Reggie.

But I'm not really too bothered about the Direct.
- Metroid Prime 4 and Animal Crossing are already announced, I'm happy enough just knowing they're coming at some point.
- I'm beyond getting my hopes up for F-Zero.
- I've got so many other games I've not even touched yet, even if something I like the look of gets announced it'll probably be sat on a shelf still in shrink wrap for 6 months until I get around to it anyway.

I'll just read a TL:DR version of it the day after and watch any trailers that do interest me, same as I do for most 'game reveal' events like this.

i heard they are going to relese AC switch in March, but idk if its true or not.

i heard they are going to relese AC switch in March, but idk if its true or not.

I HOPE so , but I highly doubt it, I could see June or whatever like they did with Splatoon 2. But we've yet to see any footage so march seems real unlikely

All seems a little silly to me. Impatience isn't cute.

I've waited over a decade for some games (namely KH3 and FFXV) by this point. If a game comes out within a year or two of announcement I see it as a bonus. Plenty other games to play in the meantime.

I HOPE so , but I highly doubt it, I could see June or whatever like they did with Splatoon 2. But we've yet to see any footage so march seems real unlikely

March seems to be really unlikely, it maybe would have worked if we would already had informations,
at least the title and some gameplay. But with literally no informations (besides the facts that it comes
out this year and it's a mainline game) it definitely doesn't come out at March. Also, we already get that
new Yoshi game for the Switch in March (and also a new Kirby game for the 3DS), so I guess it wouldn't
have worked anyway.

March seems to be really unlikely, it maybe would have worked if we would already had informations,
at least the title and some gameplay. But with literally no informations (besides the facts that it comes
out this year and it's a mainline game) it definitely doesn't come out at March. Also, we already get that
new Yoshi game for the Switch in March (and also a new Kirby game for the 3DS), so I guess it wouldn't
have worked anyway.

but how do you know for sure
cause I'm guessing they might want to surprise ppl about the game, I bet the trailer might come out next month or in March to surprise people.

I can wait for the announcement, I'm not expecting anything right now.
But when that announcement *does* come, oh boy... I won't be able to wait! When that direct comes I'll stay up till 2AM if it's necessary (screw you, time zones!), just to watch it live. Doesn't matter if I have an important test the next day, I'll be on my phone, in my bed, wrapped up in blankets, being EXTREMELY hyped without making a sound (I don't want to wake up the whole family) for whatever happens on screen. I'm not even expecting anything in particular, I just need a single thing that makes me excited, which has happened every single time before!

but how do you know for sure
cause I'm guessing they might want to surprise ppl about the game, I bet the trailer might come out next month or in March to surprise people.

Because Nintendo always drops a good amount of informations about a game months before
it's release. And if the game is supposed to be coming out in March, then they would never
drop a trailer of it like one week before it's release date. I just doubt that Nintendo goes full
"Let's gonna surprise the fans and say nothing about before it comes out" while meanwhile,
they drop tons of informations to their other games. Animal Crossing is, sorry, not that special
to make the new game a whole mystery. In my opinion, the earliest release date that could
work is maybe May.

Last edited:
Because Nintendo always drops a good amount of informations about a game months before
it's release. And if the game is supposed to be coming out in March, then they would never
drop a trailer of it like one week before it's release date. I just doubt that Nintendo goes full
"Let's gonna surprise the fans and say nothing about before it comes out" while meanwhile,
they drop tons of informations to their other games. Animal Crossing is, sorry, not that special
to make the new game a whole mystery. In my opinion, the earliest release date that could
work is maybe May.

plz dont mock me and maybe they're going to relese around at the end of March, also the next direct isnt here yet so dont start saying these random things right now about the game cause no one knows about the exact releses date.

Back