• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Shop Proposal/Suggestion

I know its sholee's I'm requoting it as it was appropriate at the time of discussion when someone brought a proposal up.

Yes that was my mistake I was to lazy to put reply with quote. :p

Yes that was my mistake I was to lazy to put reply with quote. :p

I doubt it was laziness as it takes less time to click quote rather than to copy/paste.
Back to topic, hope the admins will consider this :D

I doubt it was laziness as it takes less time to click quote rather than to copy/paste.

If i was cynical i would think he was trying to get more tbt bells. :p

Lmao. Above is so true... Yes, I really hope something is done. Even if there is only a shop limit of only 1 per player( as long as it's giftable) the market won't collapse.

You have repeated this twice now word for word in your posts. It's on the very first post of this thread. It's not even your idea!

reky

If i was cynical i would think he was trying to get more tbt bells. :p

So true.

The other thing I want to mention is this: Is it even possible to remove the cart? There ARE physical limitations to what the admins can actually do with the forum extensions iirc.

reky

So true.

The other thing I want to mention is this: Is it even possible to remove the cart? There ARE physical limitations to what the admins can actually do with the forum extensions iirc.

Not positive since I don't have access to the shop's control panel but I would hazard a guess that it would probably require a bit of code alteration if it is possible to do so.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the shopping cart. If you go to a real online store and put something in your cart you aren't promised that they will still have it in stock by the time you checkout. And if we use the idea suggested that once you get an item in your cart it's locked in and put so it takes out of the stock, people could just go in and put things in their cart and never buy them so then nobody can get any.

There are going to be flaws regardless of what we change or don't change.

I don't think things should hang around in the cart indefinitely, but what about giving a certain amount of time for someone to check-out before an item just disappears? As an example: Amazon gives like 12 minutes or so to claim an item from your cart during a "lightning deal". For TBT, at least even a few seconds would be something. I don't think even a minute would be unreasonable.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the shopping cart. If you go to a real online store and put something in your cart you aren't promised that they will still have it in stock by the time you checkout.

I get what you're saying, but this is a flawed argument. As I've known and witnessed online shops that will change inventory available if a known limited number once you add the item to your cart. So they are basically reserving it for you before you checkout to give you time to browse for other items as well as checkout. Of course complications could arrive, such as miscounted inventory. But at the core, online shops do have a method to try and guarantee you the item prior to checkout, so long as you added it to your cart.

And if we use the idea suggested that once you get an item in your cart it's locked in and put so it takes out of the stock, people could just go in and put things in their cart and never buy them so then nobody can get any.

Solution: Set a timer. Something like if they don't checkout within 30 second to a minute of adding the item, it automatically gets pulled out of their cart for someone else to purchase.

Last edited:
Avatar extension... like a purchase 150 x 150 one and not just reserve that size to staff (remember you saying it's better with the coding for it now)

I get what you're saying, but this is a flawed argument. As I've known and witnessed online shops that will change inventory available if a known limited number once you add the item to your cart. So they are basically reserving it for you before you checkout to give you time to browse for other items as well as checkout. Of course complications could arrive, such as miscounted inventory. But at the core, online shops do have a method to try and guarantee you the item prior to checkout, so long as you added it to your cart.

Solution: Set a timer. Something like if they don't checkout within 30 second to a minute of adding the item, it automatically gets pulled out of their cart for someone else to purchase.
The timer part was a good idea. Not sure how easy it would be do add to the shop. :p

Back