• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Shop Proposal/Suggestion

why not just get rid of the shop all together and then problem solved :-}

Feel like altering the code for the shop would be more trouble than it's worth. If ya got a candy congrats, if ya didn't oh well ?\_(ツ)_/?

Feel like altering the code for the shop would be more trouble than it's worth. If ya got a candy congrats, if ya didn't oh well ?\_(ツ)_/?

Yeah, i doubt the admins/mods will listen to lil ol' me but just wanted to try throwing an idea out there :)

I like this idea. I also think it would be great if a feature was added that locked your cart for x number of seconds after an item is added, thus giving the buyer enough time to actually confirm their purchase before the item disappears. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement something like this or to reformat the shop, but it would surely put an end to all of the complaints about an empty cart upon checkout.

Either way, I'm glad I've been able to get at least three of the four candies this year. They're such cute collectibles. :)

"if ya got a candy" XD, more like several! So oh well to those who didn't get a candy because of that.

"if ya got a candy" XD, more like several! So oh well to those who didn't get a candy because of that.

Regardless, I just think people are too invested in these collectibles. Sure they're fun and a memento of a time and whatnot but it is what it is~ If you didn't get one then there's the marketplace. It's how I got all of my collectibles ?\_(ツ)_/?

Regardless, I just think people are too invested in these collectibles. Sure they're fun and a memento of a time and whatnot but it is what it is~ If you didn't get one then there's the marketplace. It's how I got all of my collectibles ?\_(ツ)_/?

Not everyone has enough TBT to buy them tho, so the best chance is to get them at restock :/

Yes, but there should still be a limit and more time to react if it's showing in your cart. It really isn't fair that I pay like hundreds in TBT for a candy that JUST went for way less than that. All due to bulk purchasing. I don't find that fair, and I think more people should have an opportunity to get one.

Last edited:
(A bit late to the discussion but oh well...)
I really like Sholee's idea, and what Obilvia suggested.
Everything else have been stated by mostly everyone in previous posts.

I get the feeling this wouldn't even be possible per the shop's coding unless they got someone to recode it

but its not a bad idea nonetheless

I have previously suggested that all collectibles are limited to only one per person from the shop, however unlike the birthstones, members if they wish to collect more, are able to buy and sell freely in the marketplace, not limited to only owning one of a type.

This would ensure fairer distribution and hopefully put an end to most of the dissatisfaction caused by current methods. The introduction of a separate shop appears to have caused extreme lagging problems, the amount of lying and cheating and general unpleasant behaviour surely should not be encouraged for future events.

Another thought would be to add unlimited stock, again only one able to be bought from the shop, but like the candies available only for a short period.

Members would be able to trade peacefully on the market for extra collectibles and there would no longer be the animosity over one person being able to grab most of a restock.

Yes, so much this.

Or prevent people from buying like 20 candies at once so everyone has a chance

*activates flame shield*

At the risk of being flamed, I will also throw another idea out there. (And again, this is a thought exercise, it's not fully formed but might make for an interesting discussion).

Make everything stocked, all the time, in unlimited amounts. But, make "rare" collectibles super expensive.

So for example, make the yellow letter like 5,000 TBT. It just occurred to me as I type this that that might kill the marketplace. Hmm...

But, we can still have trading because things like eggs and candies are available only a limited amount of days out of the entire year. And of course, feathers.

Just throwing it out there. For discussion. :)

At the risk of being flamed, I will also throw another idea out there. (And again, this is a thought exercise, it's not fully formed but might make for an interesting discussion).

Make everything stocked, all the time, in unlimited amounts. But, make "rare" collectibles super expensive.

So for example, make the yellow letter like 5,000 TBT. It just occurred to me as I type this that that might kill the marketplace. Hmm...

But, we can still have trading because things like eggs and candies are available only a limited amount of days out of the entire year. And of course, feathers.

That is actually a good idea.

I agree 100% with this thread. I'd be a bit less mad if I hadn't spent 3 hours camping for a restock thrice, then it resulting in nothing because of the Sheniquas ninja'ing me.
No cart for me.

I was thinking of this too a while back, the shop should sell the rare collectibles for like 1K, 5K, 10K, 15K+ and prohibit the exchanging of ACNL bells for forum bells

that would keep it rare but at least still obtainable
and it would encourage people to post more on the forums rather than just trading ACNL bells.

Last edited:
I was thinking of this too a while back, the shop should sell the rare collectibles for like 1K, 5K, 10K, 15K+ and prohibit the exchanging of ACNL bells for forum bells

that would keep it rare but at least still obtainable
and it would encourage people to post more on the forums rather than just trading ACNL bells.

Yes! After I posted the initial comment, I was like, well, what do we do about people trading TBT/ingame bells, codes, etc.? Since the powers that be said over and over, we are not going to monitor the conversion rate, the only other thing to do is outlaw it all together, which of course, might be met with a lot of resistance to say the least. :)

However, that does bring us back to the original intent of the TBT bells, which was to encourage posting/loyalty to the forum.

Back