• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Gaming Week: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Friendship Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-Game Name: Amilee / Amy
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 5264-7931-2223
Time slot(s): 2 (might add more later im not sure right now ;; )

Last edited:
Hi everyone! There's been a few updates to the main post:

• To keep the participation awards for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe more in-line with Splatoon 2, ticket participation requirements are now per race as opposed to per Grand Prix completed.
  • The number of games played required to earn tickets has increased, with 24 games played required to obtain the maximum number of tickets (4). See Jeremy's post here for more details.
  • There's now a 100 TBT bonus prize for participating in at least 6 individual gaming sessions, woohoo!
Session 2 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe starts in about 15 minutes, so come and play! Don't forget to join the Discord so we can be salty together. :)

In-Game Name: OctoLiam
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1064-9370-6923
Time slot(s): all the 11pm times

In-Game Name: Tyler
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1643-1833-2805
Time slot(s): Tuesday, Feb 18, 11 PM

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't make it to session #2! I was too tired to get up at 5AM.. I was hoping I'd catch the last 30 minutes or so but I was just too late. Hopefully I can do 24 races in the other two sessions!

Thanks for playing everyone! See you tomorrow for some more races - with Vrisnem hosting earlier in the day for folks in different time zones! :)

I?d love to join in one one of these, but any chance of holding any between 7pm and 10pm EST? I work everyday and that?s the only time I have free and it sadly fits exactly in between when you do races. I?m still at work for the 3pm ones and 11pm is just too late. :(

how much do I earn for the 20 races I did yesterday? also are our tickets given after the gaming event itself is over?

Anyone else joining the 3PM session today? Are we running a little late? No rush, but I just haven't played this game online yet so not sure what to do/expect for the invitation :) Don't want to miss it!

i'm joining the 3pm session, but I think we're running a little late! I thiiink the person hosting opens a room and then we join it?

I too am ready. But I suppose if its 4PM EST and she's still late, then change in plans are in effect.

I’d love to join in one one of these, but any chance of holding any between 7pm and 10pm EST? I work everyday and that’s the only time I have free and it sadly fits exactly in between when you do races. I’m still at work for the 3pm ones and 11pm is just too late. :(
I'm usually still at work then, but I'll do my best to host an earlier session next week.

how much do I earn for the 20 races I did yesterday? also are our tickets given after the gaming event itself is over?
If you haven't played in any other sessions, you would be at three tickets. Check the main thread here for more information. I'm not entirely sure but my guess would be that tickets will go out after the events are over.

Sorry about earlier, folks! Vrisnem's been having some issues with her internet. :( But tonight's session starts in seven minutes for those ready to race!

Ugh, disconnected from a session... rejoining. I dislike my ISP.

Last edited:
Alright, that confirms we're done.

The discord chat wasn't very much of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today.

Sorry about earlier, folks! Vrisnem's been having some issues with her internet. :( But tonight's session starts in seven minutes for those ready to race!

No worries! Glad Vrisnem's okay!
Will the 3PM session today go on as planned?
And will we get a new 3PM session later this week? I hope to be able to complete enough races to get max tokens :) I don't have Splatoon unfortunately..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back