• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Super Monkey Ball (GameCube)

The 3DS version looks very bad in my opinion, i considered buying it when the 3DS came out too but i totally forgot about it. Later when i remembered i wanted that game and i looked up some gameplay i quickly lost my interest in the game. It just does not look like as if i would have fun with the game! Also i do think that Monkey Ball fits on the Wii U though, they could make a more traditional game with the control sticks instead of using the gyro sensor.

Newer Monkey Ball games also make use of cell shading and i think that the Wii U renders cell shading the best, considering that the PS4 and Xbox One are designed to display realistic games. I do not like those games at all, that is why i stick to Nintendo, the console may not be powerful but i really like the games on the Wii U. I would never have fun with the PS4. The Xbox One would only have Halo for me hahah! It is like the only more mature game i like lol

I only bought it because it, alongside Pilot wings resort, were the only 3DS games out at the time in the UK game stores.
I don't really think that monkey ball should be brought to the Wii U. Wasn't there an IOS version of the game for iPod touch years ago? I can't even begin to imagine how little content the game would have if it came to Wii U...

- - - Post Merge - - -

How could I forgot about that? That was like the only thing anyone played when I played with friends as a kid for some reason.

Because I think it was literally the only multi-player feature on the game lol, aside from the battle mode

(we're talking like 10 years ago here. my brain is fuzzy)

Yeah my friend group at the time was weird, we played GameCube a lot. Monkey Ball for multiplayer was fun, it kinda played how you might expect it to play. We didn't play it a lot but when we did play multiplayer it was the flying thing haha

Do you mean Monkey Target? Yeah i played that one a lot, this is possible one in multiplayer for me, my dad and my little sister are liking that game very much! I unlocked every mini game by the way but i like the starter games more than the unlockable ones, isn't that odd, shouldn't it be vice versa? I really hate Monkey Bowling for example, Monkey Billiards and Monkey Golf are fun in my opinion but nothing beats Monkey Target!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only bought it because it, alongside Pilot wings resort, were the only 3DS games out at the time in the UK game stores.
I don't really think that monkey ball should be brought to the Wii U. Wasn't there an IOS version of the game for iPod touch years ago? I can't even begin to imagine how little content the game would have if it came to Wii U...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because I think it was literally the only multi-player feature on the game lol, aside from the battle mode

(we're talking like 10 years ago here. my brain is fuzzy)

Lol why would little content be a good reason to not release a game? Not every game is priced around the 60 dollars you know! They also could make it a e-shop game, little content is not a valid reason i'm sorry xD I just need an installment on Wii U, i would buy it even if it's awfully bad!

Do you mean Monkey Target? Yeah i played that one a lot, this is possible one in multiplayer for me, my dad and my little sister are liking that game very much! I unlocked every mini game by the way but i like the starter games more than the unlockable ones, isn't that odd, shouldn't it be vice versa? I really hate Monkey Bowling for example, Monkey Billiards and Monkey Golf are fun in my opinion but nothing beats Monkey Target!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol why would little content be a good reason to not release a game? Not every game is priced around the 60 dollars you know! They also could make it a e-shop game, little content is not a valid reason i'm sorry xD I just need an installment on Wii U, i would buy it even if it's awfully bad!

That's true. When you said Wii U I assumed a disk copy, not an e-version.
I guess it would work if it were released as an e-shop exclusive game, but I feel as though they're running out of ideas. I mean, unless there was a stage builder or something like that, only then I'd buy it.

Ew. I kinda think that's how it was here too for a while. But I liked Pilotwings Resort. I have a soft spot for that series. Are you ewing that too!? *shakes fist*

Last edited:
Ew. I kinda think that's how it was here too for a while. But I liked Pilotwings Resort. I have a soft spot for that series. Are you ewing that too!? *shakes fist*

I WASN'T EWING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Nah, I really enjoyed Pilot wings resort. I think it was probably the best launch-title for the 3DS. The transformation from the pixelated DS games to this new 3DS with this awesome 3d world which you get to fly all over and explore was perfect. Couldn't have used a better game to kick start the 3DS

Last edited:
Let's not go too far off topic please! Don't wanna sound stupid but this is a Super Monkey Ball thread.
Also i was wondering, do you guys think that the Monkeys only eat bananas?
Or do they possibly eat something else too?

Hey guys!

So i got Super Monkey Ball like 7 years ago as a birthday present from my uncle, never understanded it at the time i was a little kid of 8 years old!
But now i decided to get back into it and whoa i LOVE it!
It is odd to see how it is like forbidden nowadays for games to be this challenging!
Because of my love for the first game, i also decided to buy Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for the Wii,
i also really like that one! But in difficulty, again, is it forbidden to be as challenging as it was earlier?

What do you think about Super Monkey Ball?

And don't you think that Aiai is extremely cute in this trailer?! ^w^

Yes monkey ball aiai is cute i play this always with my brother lars have you try it? you have cool picture too i love peach but isabelle is a bit better, but peach is good too dont worry!

Yes monkey ball aiai is cute i play this always with my brother lars have you try it? you have cool picture too i love peach but isabelle is a bit better, but peach is good too dont worry!

Jytte, i am your brother so yeah i tried it xD Waarom zeg je dat hier je had ook een bericht achter kunnen laten op mijn profiel.

Man this is a game franchise I had completely forgotten existed 'til this thread. I absolutely loved Super Monkey Ball 2 and played it regularly with friends for as long as I used my GameCube. I bought Adventure whenever it came out and was severely disappointed, played it for a few hours and never went back to it. Ever. I blocked out the franchise after that and never kept up with future releases.

That said, with the GameCube controller adaptor being introduced to the WiiU, I am eagerly anticipating an onslaught of Virtual Console releases from the GameCube era including Super Monkey Ball 2! Wishful thinking I know.

Man this is a game franchise I had completely forgotten existed 'til this thread. I absolutely loved Super Monkey Ball 2 and played it regularly with friends for as long as I used my GameCube. I bought Adventure whenever it came out and was severely disappointed, played it for a few hours and never went back to it. Ever. I blocked out the franchise after that and never kept up with future releases.

That said, with the GameCube controller adaptor being introduced to the WiiU, I am eagerly anticipating an onslaught of Virtual Console releases from the GameCube era including Super Monkey Ball 2! Wishful thinking I know.

I hope that they just realease a Monkey Ball 1 plus 2 on the e-Shop for like 15 dollars lol

Have you played the first Super Monkey Ball game? Wait i will send the video in my next post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow this player is really good, but this is the course where i had trouble! Expert Floor 15!
Oh, I understand what you mean now. In Deluxe its called "Diving"

Oh, I understand what you mean now. In Deluxe its called "Diving"

Yeah i only played the original GameCube version, Deluxe was for different consoles and contained Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2 right?

I only ever played a small bit of the Wii game at a friends house a few years ago, but may look into the GameCube games if they are as good as you guys are suggesting as already have a GameCube in my room for Harvest Moon :)

I only ever played a small bit of the Wii game at a friends house a few years ago, but may look into the GameCube games if they are as good as you guys are suggesting as already have a GameCube in my room for Harvest Moon :)

Emily have you added my new fc already? Maybe we can bf each other soon then!

Yes i want play Monkey Balls i miss the game i want to play with the game! The gamcub i not here anymore so it can not play monkey balls!

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was my childhood, I always loved beating the crap out of my brother in the battle mini game.

bump

- - - Post Merge - - -

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was my childhood, I always loved beating the crap out of my brother in the battle mini game.

Hahahah! I used to do that with my sister too! I did that Monkey Fight game a TON in the original Super Monkey Ball :D

Back