• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Poké Ball Preferences

Which are your favorite types of Poké Ball?
Love, Friend and Dive

Do you prefer to use any type more than the rest?
Standard Pokeballs are my general go to. When catching something hard to get I’ll often switch to Ultra Balls (like for Legendaries)

Do you like any of their light effects when compared to the rest?
Yes I enjoy some of the effects mostly when it matches with the Pokemon. Like Munna in a Dream Ball for example.

Do you like to use the Ball Capsules and Stickers in the Johto and Sinnoh games?
Yes though I only use a couple per ball. Get too many on there at once and it’s a chaotic mess.

Are you one of the people who enjoys only capturing everything in standard Poké Balls?
No standard Pokeballs are a nice go to, but I like changing it up. Especially now that raid catches are guaranteed so I don’t have to risk wasting the rarer ones.

Do you like to switch up your throwing style? Which throwing style(s) do you prefer?
Yes, some of them are too flashy though so I stick with more subtle ones like the under handed ones as that’s probably closest to how I’d throw in real life.

I like the net ball the best. It works well on the two pokemon types that I catch most often, which I think is cool. I also just like its design the best, and the web pattern when you throw it is nice too! I also really like the dive, beast, ultra and dream balls.
I want to like the apricorn balls, but they're so rare that I can't bring myself to use them- especially since I end up catching a lot of the same pokemon to find the right nature and theres always the chance that I'd waste it.

As a shiny hunter, I love the Quick Ball. I'm a coward about losing a shiny, and Quick Ball can usually save me from that. I mean, in the recent Pokeball Pokemon event I had a Quick Ball fail on a shiny Voltorb, which immediately blew up... so I grabbed a Wooper from Kitikami with Damp to save myself from that again... but regardless, I love Quick Balls. As far as visuals go, however, it isn't my favorite. That honor goes to the Premier Ball, actually. As far as seals on Pokeballs from Sinnoh and HGSS, I love them. I try to use seals that match the type or aesthetic of a Pokemon, such as petals for grass-types. I don't typically do contests*, I just think they're neat!

*I am going to be changing this soon. I'm doing a ribbon master challenge and using my Pachirisu from my current mono-electric Platinum team. I say 'current' because this is my second time using mono-electric types in Platinum. Anyway, the ribbon master challenge means getting every ribbon you can on a single Pokemon. And since contests are a major source of ribbons, I'm gonna need to get all the contest ribbons on this Pachi. I chose Pachirisu because it's my favorite Pikaclone.

To show that I am more of a collector, I use the premier ball to catch my Pokémon. The catch rate is low, but it looks better,

But for legendary Pokémon, the Ultra Ball is my preferred ball, and sometimes, the Master Ball.

I generally try to always catch in a Pokeball, but if I happen to have a nice collection of apricorn balls I’ll catch a full team in those :)

i honestly love allll the designs... quietly waiting for them to be turned into collectibles 🥺

AND THE STICKERS ARE SO CUTE AND FUN!!! KEEP THEM ALWAYS

I don’t really care about the design, as long as the Poké Ball does its job. Well, unless I want to catch a Mimikyu. I make sure to use a Luxury Ball in that case. That's an anime reference btw

Which are your favorite types of Poké Ball?

Design wise, from the games I played: dusk ball, luxury ball. I like the moon ball but I don’t think I ever used it.

To use: I did use dusk ball, net ball, for sure though not as much as the regular balls.

Do you prefer to use any type more than the rest?

I used mostly the regular poke balls (great and ultra) 😅. I did use net and dusk ball more than other ones though.

Do you like any of their light effects when compared to the rest?

I don’t remember much but I think i liked the dusk ball’s light effects 🙂.

Do you like to use the Ball Capsules and Stickers in the Johto and Sinnoh games?

I don’t think there were stickers or ball capsules in the pokemon games that I played.

Are you one of the people who enjoys only capturing everything in standard Poké Balls?

I used great, ultra balls mostly in the main Pokemon series, but I did use others like the net ball. It was mostly out of habit. Now that you ask this, I’m wondering why I never used certain poke balls as much as I should have 😅

Do you like to switch up your throwing style? Which throwing style(s) do you prefer?

No idea; I don’t think there was that option in any of the games I played.

Back