Super Monkey Ball (GameCube)

I loved this game when I was young, played 1 and 2 all the time. I kept failing tons of times in 1. 2 I've been pretty good at.

In story mode, I could only advance to world 4. Arthropod and Seesaw Bridges prevented me from advancing to harder levels.

Arthropod you'd understand, the final seesaw at Seesaw Bridges kept me from not reaching the goal. I couldn't beat world 4 until I was 11 or 12 years old!

I didn't get deluxe, and I don't think I will. I don't think i'll get Banana Splitz either, looks fun though.

I loved this game when I was young, played 1 and 2 all the time. I kept failing tons of times in 1. 2 I've been pretty good at.

In story mode, I could only advance to world 4. Arthropod and Seesaw Bridges prevented me from advancing to harder levels.

Arthropod you'd understand, the final seesaw at Seesaw Bridges kept me from not reaching the goal. I couldn't beat world 4 until I was 11 or 12 years old!

I didn't get deluxe, and I don't think I will. I don't think i'll get Banana Splitz either, looks fun though.

Lol i got to the underwater stage of expert where you have that moving goal surrounded by bumpers
I only had one life left and one chance to get it lol and i missed! FALL-OUT *Aaaaawwwhhh hoo*

You just should get Touch and Roll, it is the game which is the closest to the original game!

I should get more Monkey Ball games. The only ones I have are Step and Roll (nostalgia overload) and the new IOS one that I forgot the name of.

Any recommendations of what monkey ball games I should look into getting?

Last edited:
I should get more Monkey Ball games. The only ones I have are Step and Roll (nostalgia overload) and the new IOS one that I forgot the name of.

Any recommendations of what monkey ball games I should look into getting?

Well i think there is not much more interesting to get than Banana Blitz for the Wii and Touch & Roll for the DS, the rest is all dumb, i mean nobody should ever play Monkey Ball adventure, it is just so terrifyingly bad! But yeah get the traditional Wii and DS version, DS is the closest to the first two installments though. The Wii version tried to be innovative, it was but it did not work out too well at some points. But i liked the Wii version the most because it was innovative, it is just what you need when you are growing tired of the traditional ones. It is still Monkey Ball but a bit spiced up and it looks much more cartoonish what i personally like more than the original designs.

But in the end it all depends on opinion, watch some trailers on youtube to see which you like! :)

Last edited:
Lol i got to the underwater stage of expert where you have that moving goal surrounded by bumpers
I only had one life left and one chance to get it lol and i missed! FALL-OUT *Aaaaawwwhhh hoo*

You just should get Touch and Roll, it is the game which is the closest to the original game!
Wait what? I don't think I heard of that before.

Have you played the first Super Monkey Ball game? Wait i will send the video in my next post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow this player is really good, but this is the course where i had trouble! Expert Floor 15!

This series is probably going to die for a while. It doesn't fit in on PS4, XB1 or WiiU. It already blew its chance on 3DS. What else is there!? Awkward phone games and Ouya.

I remember how fun the flying minigame was on the GC monkey ball

I bought the Super monkey ball 3D when the 3ds first came out and I've only played like 5 minutes of it

I bought the Super monkey ball 3D when the 3ds first came out and I've only played like 5 minutes of it

The 3DS version looks very bad in my opinion, i considered buying it when the 3DS came out too but i totally forgot about it. Later when i remembered i wanted that game and i looked up some gameplay i quickly lost my interest in the game. It just does not look like as if i would have fun with the game! Also i do think that Monkey Ball fits on the Wii U though, they could make a more traditional game with the control sticks instead of using the gyro sensor.

Newer Monkey Ball games also make use of cell shading and i think that the Wii U renders cell shading the best, considering that the PS4 and Xbox One are designed to display realistic games. I do not like those games at all, that is why i stick to Nintendo, the console may not be powerful but i really like the games on the Wii U. I would never have fun with the PS4. The Xbox One would only have Halo for me hahah! It is like the only more mature game i like lol

Last edited:
Delete the board this series is sick now. It needs a rest. It's bed time for Monkey Ball.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Newer Monkey Ball games also make use of cell shading and i think that the Wii U renders cell shading the best, considering that the PS4 and Xbox One are designed to display realistic games.

A realistic monkey ball? Is that what youre saying?
Please do not.

I spent many hours on those minigames, those games are my childhood

No read what i said again oranges... i said that the Wii U is more suitable for Monkey Ball because of the cell shading... Do you actually know what that is?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where are you from?

Last edited:
Delete the board this series is sick now. It needs a rest. It's bed time for Monkey Ball.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A realistic monkey ball? Is that what youre saying?
Please do not.

Gotta reply once more to make things clear, i said the exact opposite you just misunderstood, don't talk to me like that, it's not very kind...

- - - Post Merge - - -

How could I forgot about that? That was like the only thing anyone played when I played with friends as a kid for some reason.

Really? My friends hated Monkey Ball xD When they i came over i was all like: "I wanna play Monkey Ball!" And my friends were like "Oh god please save us!" xD But is Monkey Ball good for multiplayer? I never tried it actually because of the same reason lol

Really? My friends hated Monkey Ball xD When they i came over i was all like: "I wanna play Monkey Ball!" And my friends were like "Oh god please save us!" xD But is Monkey Ball good for multiplayer? I never tried it actually because of the same reason lol

Yeah my friend group at the time was weird, we played GameCube a lot. Monkey Ball for multiplayer was fun, it kinda played how you might expect it to play. We didn't play it a lot but when we did play multiplayer it was the flying thing haha

Back