Jingle Christmas Doll
Lump of Coal
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Hey guys!

So i got Super Monkey Ball like 7 years ago as a birthday present from my uncle, never understanded it at the time i was a little kid of 8 years old!
But now i decided to get back into it and whoa i LOVE it!
It is odd to see how it is like forbidden nowadays for games to be this challenging!
Because of my love for the first game, i also decided to buy Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for the Wii,
i also really like that one! But in difficulty, again, is it forbidden to be as challenging as it was earlier?

What do you think about Super Monkey Ball?

And don't you think that Aiai is extremely cute in this trailer?! ^w^

Last edited:
I really love the Monkey Fight minigame in this game. I also happen to own Super Monkey Ball 2 on Nintendo Gamecube.

I really love the Monkey Fight minigame in this game. I also happen to own Super Monkey Ball 2 on Nintendo Gamecube.

Really? I always wanted Super Monkey Ball 2 for my GameCube! I heard that it is even crazier than the first one!

My cousins and I used to play Super Monkey Ball on the GameCube all the time. They were all much better at it than I was.

I brought the GameCube and SMB with me to my college dorm, and my friends and I had so much fun playing the fight game. The mini games are awesome in the GC version!

I haven't played any other Monkey Ball games, but I have noticed newer Nintendo games from older series tend to get easier as time goes on. I don't know if they think people are getting dumber or that we can't handle it, but it's making me super angry :p

Last edited:
I had a lot of blast with the original Super Monkey Ball on GameCube back when I was a decade younger. The level design in this game is absolutely genius and a joy to play, and their optional multiplayer modes are so well-executed that they end up being frequently played when we had friends coming over.

That led me to receive Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz during the Christmas of 2006. I played it a bit when I got my actual Wii in February 2007 and I was sorely disappointed by its lackluster and irritating level design, along with multiplayer games being mostly marred by poorly-executed motion controls. That's when I stopped caring about the franchise anymore.

I remember I had one for the GameCube and it was super fun. I really loved it but I lost or broke the game. ;-;

Besides Sonic, Super Monkey Ball was the Sega Franchise I was obsessed over as a kid.

I really had fond memories of the first and second games on the gamecube (Especially the 2nd game) and I hope both of them get a re-release soon.

The last game I played out of the Super Monkey Ball series was Banana Blitz, and I got that game as a Christmas present when I got my Wii back in 2006. It was alright, but not one of the best games in the series in my opinion. The motion controls were alright for the most part, but like Sega's track-record with motion controls, they can be terrible in some parts. ESPECIALLY in the mini-game department.

After that, I still go back to the old games, but I hope that they could improve with the new games in the future...hopefully

I had Super Monkey Ball 2 for the Gamecube. I rage quitted on a stage called Arthropod, which I think was the last stage before "expert mode". That game is insane.

GameCube was imo, the only time that series was good. Would love to know how they could have messed it up on the Wii & 3DS when that game feels built for motion/gyro controls.

GameCube was imo, the only time that series was good. Would love to know how they could have messed it up on the Wii & 3DS when that game feels built for motion/gyro controls.

I think that the Wii version is still a lot better than Step & Roll and 3D because the gameplay is more linear in those two games, the Wii version was closer to the original arcade Monkey Ball (Super Monkey Ball is actually a port from a Sega arcade machine called the NAOMI)

I remember buying Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube years ago and expecting it to be one of those games that you play for an hour and get bored of...but I played in pretty much non stop. It was just friggin' awesome!

Never really played any of the others though. I never really knew they existed either because they didn't get marketed much or they just flew under my radar. Looking at general response to the sequels though, it doesn't seem I missed much.

Monkey Ball was possibly the last game from Sega I was bothered with. I always wanted to play Billy Hatcher as well but I could never find it without an absurd price tag.

I do think you should at least give Banana Blitz a try, it is the most fun modern Monkey Ball! Altough Touch & Roll also was a neat Monkey Ball game in my opinion.

XD well i respect yout opinion but i do not agree lol

Back