• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Should I replay New Leaf?

katineko

Bells
Especially since I haven't played with the Welcome Amiibo expansion. I'm enjoying NH, but am waiting for updates and missing some content present in NL, and at the time, I don't think I spent enough of the game building relationships with my villagers. Is the dialogue better than NH? Can I choose where to place their homes? (I can't recall). Any opinions would be great! Thanks :)

You can't choose where villagers place their houses in new leaf, but they can't displace public works, so there's that. I can't remember if they can place their houses on patterns, but if they can't that might be a way to control where they settle. Someone else here might know for sure.

I thought the villagers had more personality in New Leaf, but that might be nostalgia talking.

I'm considering buying a used New Leaf cartridge, and starting from scratch again too.

With the welcome amiibo update they can’t place their houses on patterns, so you can place them everywhere to control where they go. Before that they could place their houses on top of them, however.

I personally don’t think the dialogue in New Leaf is much better than New Horizons, I think both are pretty bad. For more interesting dialogue City Folk and back is where it’s at for me. That being said though, NL is great and I think you’ll have a lot of fun revisiting it! :)

You can't choose where villagers place their houses in new leaf, but they can't displace public works, so there's that. I can't remember if they can place their houses on patterns, but if they can't that might be a way to control where they settle. Someone else here might know for sure.

I thought the villagers had more personality in New Leaf, but that might be nostalgia talking.

I'm considering buying a used New Leaf cartridge, and starting from scratch again too.
With the welcome amiibo update they can’t place their houses on patterns, so you can place them everywhere to control where they go. Before that they could place their houses on top of them, however.

I personally don’t think the dialogue in New Leaf is much better than New Horizons, I think both are pretty bad. For more interesting dialogue City Folk and back is where it’s at for me. That being said though, NL is great and I think you’ll have a lot of fun revisiting it! :)
I may try City Folk as well then. I should've also added that I though about Pocket Camp as well, since I've got an account going already and others seem to enjoy it. Thoughts?

I still have PTSD from fighting the grass wear in City Folk, but other than that it was a fun game. I blew too much money on Pocket Camp to ever want to go back to it, though. There's always a fortune cookie item or new seasonal amenity I want, and I lack willpower. All the games have their pros and cons.

I agree with this, but I'd like to stress to OP that GC and WW are (imo) miles above CF in terms of dialogue. WW especially has some interesting lore about certain NPCs. :) That being said, CF >> NL/NH for dialogue.

I may try City Folk as well then. I should've also added that I though about Pocket Camp as well, since I've got an account going already and others seem to enjoy it. Thoughts?

pocket camp is fun but it lacks a lot of the good that the series has as a whole and doesn’t really offer much besides some really nice furniture items and entertainment for about 30-60 mins depending on what you’re doing. if you plan on replaying any of the games, you’d probably be better off with the mainline games ;u;

yeah i agree. i was just gonna say about city folk. i personally haven't played city folk as nl was my first game, but from what ive seen it definitely looks a lot more entertaining than the newer titles. some of my favourites:
savageeeeeee.jpg
oof.jpg
mega oof.jpg

NL is nice, but the problem is the repetitive dialogue in the game, the older games like WW did have less bland dialogue though.
Other than that, NL has some features NH doesn’t have and it has more furniture sets and house customization. NL is still a nice game to play as well other than the older games, so I would recommend playing it again.

Back