• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Short people problems

i’m 5’2 and trying to reach anything is,,, not fun lmao. i feel silly every time i try to reach for something which happens at least twice a day lmao

My height has been 5’08 for a few years now. I can reach cupboards with no problem, but I’m usually the shortest guy in the room. While it’s not a terrible situation, there are days where I wish I could be a bit taller.

i'm 5'2 and from the uk, and i remember going to japan for the first time and being average(ish) height for the first time ever and it was genuinely amazing to be in a place that felt designed for me: i could reach everything i wanted in supermarkets.... i could put my luggage on overhead racks without having to stand on the seat.... crowds no longer towered above me.... i could reach and comfortably hold the grab handles on buses..... what a place to be

I don't know if I'm short; 5ft 3in and female. The stereotype for women is that they want to date tall guys, but I have never felt that way. I like guys that I can walk next to and feel like we have an even stride and can hold hands without it feeling uneven/awkward to do. My partner is 5ft 7in and he's the perfect height for me.

Another thing on height is I used to have an aunt and her nickname was "petisa" which is like "shorty" in English - that's what her family members called her. I was always surprised by this but when I got older I realized that in my parents' culture it's normal to give people nicknames that others might find insulting; I don't know why it's like that. Her husband's nickname was even worse! His was "gordo" which is basically "fatso." Terrible. Needless to say, my dad was pretty rude to be growing up, and so were a lot of relatives.

I’m 6’0... and female, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I wish I could be a TAD shorter lol

But I play volleyball and my height is a big advantage, so I shouldn’t be complaining

You can imagine how I might feel a little uncomfortable 😂

Edit: I am also only 15, so there’s that as well 💀

I am 4'9" at 23 years old 😬
I'm horrified of driving (and yet I've done home health care for 2 or 3 years now) because I have to sit so close to the wheel, so once I get a really nice new car I plan on getting extensions and everything to make it safer for me if my airbag did deploy.

When I go shopping I will literally stand on the bottom shelf in order to reach the top ones 😅 and if im at home ill just jump up on counters if I don't feel like getting my little step ladder 😂 the worst is going shopping for clothes, no pants are ever short enough to fit me properly!!! I rarely ever wear long pants unless its winter, I'm in my scrubs, or my pajamas 😅 could always go and get them hemmed but I don't feel like paying the money for every pair of pants I buy. Maybe I should just teach myself how to do it lol

I'm 5'1" (around 155cm) and the only "problem" I experience is people thinking I'm much younger than I am. Especially because my face looks young as well. I just graduated university but I've had many people within the past year assume I'm 12-13. I don't mind that much though, hopefully then I'll still look young when I'm middle-aged :p

Being 5’2”, 3” on a good day, I wouldn’t think I was short short...but it’s awful curious I can only reach bottom shelves... I’m always climbing store shelves and up on the counter to get what I need. I don’t rely on tall people 😅

I'm 165 cm (5'5") and the only "problems" I've faced are having to stand on my tip toes to reach for items higher on the shelf at home/in grocery stores. When my growth spurt stopped around Grade 8, I had wishes that I was taller, but I'm not very well coordinated (I still sometimes bump my head while getting onto my family's minivan 😅), so I'm content with my height. :3

I’m 158cm which is 5’2“ I think? I’ve always been pretty average for a girl everywhere I have lived and I don’t feel like I struggle reaching things despite being on the shorter side. I wish I was taller though... just because I would fit better in clothes I want to wear.

I‘m 6’4 or 193.04 cm tall, but I actually wish I was shorter because people always put unrealistic expectations on me. I can’t fit in some cars as well and both of these things are really annoying to deal with.

And it’s not even like I’m 7 ft or anything. Not tall enough to do well in the NBA, lol.

I'm a petite guy that's only 5'4". When anything is high up I am always praying a tall man is nearby to help me out. My roommate isn't over 6 feet, but he can reach the top of the kitchen cabinets while I can't.

I'm 5' 2-1/2" (yup, we know how important it is to include that 1/2"). One thing that has always driven me nuts is not being able to rest my feet on the floor when I sit at a desk.

One of the nice things is the way my boyfriend can tuck my head under his chin when he hugs me.

I’m 5’3 and I ask my taller brothers to get something from the top of the kitchen cupboard and pantry xD

i'm 5'4 (164 cm) and feel short even though it is a pretty normal height. i wish i were taller for aesthetic reasons mostly, idk i just feel very uhhh stout and weird at this height. i stopped growing when i was 12 which ultra sucked.

a problem i have is when i'm driving, the little flappy thingy you can fold down to protect your eyes from the sun, rarely is helpful for me. maybe it's because of how i sit but i definitely feel they were made for average height men...

I use to not like being short (5'1 here). Some issues were obvious things like not being able to reach the top shelves, not being able to ride on some rollercoasters etc... I'm Asian too which kinda makes it worst in my experience b/c at lot of people tend to think I'm a lot younger than I actually am. Not sure if all Asian share this experience but just something that I have. For ex, I just turned 21 recently and I can easily pass for ~15.

But over time, I've kinda gotten use to it. More people gotta think of the positives to being short! One thing is that I constantly get discounts on shoes since my feet are likewise small. The those hunter rainboots and timberlands. The adult versions are nearly double the price but since my feet are so small I can fit into the child ones.

I am the teenie 5 foot, and I struggle so bad. I can’t go shopping without having someone with me or asking someone to reach something for me (the worst ever). Most of my friends are 5’4 or about there, but one of my friends is a crazy 6’1 which kills me because I look up at him like I’m looking at the sun. He literally such a tall shadow on me! But I have come to being used of being smol, but I want to grow at least a little before my eighteenth birthday, so some time :)

Back